Dr. Parham Ganchi / Bad Liposuction

1 Wayne, NJ, United States Review updated:

I had Liposuction with Dr. Ganchi, paid a lot of money and ended up with only one side of my waist liposuctioned. My waist is uneven and is very visible with tight clothing, Dr. Ganchi was willing to do a revision charging a lot more money, He should not charge for his own mistakes. I don't know Dr. Ganchi does this purposefully just to get more money from you, or he is just not experienced enough with Liposuction.

I will not recommend Dr. Parham Ganchi.

Comments

• Ny
      1st of Apr, 2010

I've had a breast augmentation, rhinoplasty and scar revision with Dr. Ganchi (at three entirely separate times), and have been incredibly pleased with my results as well as the personalized attention I received under his care.

• Te
      15th of Apr, 2010

I disagree completely. I can't tell you how patient and kind Dr. Ganchi has been with me and my daughter. We both had surgery with Dr. Ganchi and look forward to our visits with him and his girls in the office. They have become our friends. We look fabulous and owe it all to Dr. Ganchi. He's an artist. He gave us great advice and now we look better than ever! We both recommend Dr. Ganchi highly!

• Ft
      15th of Apr, 2010

I can't believe you're writing this about the same Dr. Ganchi - Dr. Parham Ganchi. I chose Dr. Ganchi because he treated me great and after consultation I wouldn't go to anyone else. I TRUST him. He sent me a hand-written letter after my visit. I never had such a nice letter from any doctor I have dealt with. The staff were the BEST. I love the results. It has totally changed my life. The whole experience was perfect, exceptional. I would absolutely go back to Dr. Ganchi if I needed more plastic surgery. I've already sent my friend to see Dr. Ganchi. There really isn't anything that they need to improve at all. Dr. Ganchi - I love him, he is really great.

17th of Apr, 2010

My experience was real, so If you want to experiment using Dr. P. Ganchi is fine with me, but do your research before you pick a Plastic Surgeon, credentials and good Marketing does not make a good Surgeon. I also know other patients of Dr. Ganchi that were very unhappy with their results, so I still don't recommend Dr. Ganchi. I also believe that some of the nice things written here, might have been written by his own staff. Just do your research before you choose a Plastic Surgeon, after is too late to regret, that's all.

• Io
      26th of Jun, 2010

I would not recommend Dr. P. Ganchi. I was impressed with him at first because he was Harvard-educated, however, this apparently does not make him more skilled. If you dare utter even a slight complaint about the bad results with him, he gets extremely defensive and makes you out to be "abnormal".

If I had to do it all over again, I would choose another surgeon, 100%.

With regard to the staff, they try to "wow" you at first, but then as soon as you undergo your procedure, you are not a 'old' patient. I've had to wait an additional 30 minutes once because I was told they were talking to new patients! But -- I had a scheduled appointment!?

Oh well, don't say I didn't warn you.

7th of Jun, 2017

@I.only.speak.the.truth I agree 100%. Although he is well versed he claims no responsibility for his botched work. My arms look like they have holes in them from the liposuction. I would have much rather have had my fat arms and $8000.00 then to be butchered by this man. I am disgusted and appaled that he is allowed to practice medicine. Just because someone has the right credentials does not mean they have the best intentions. He is looking to fill hiz pockets and complain about other patients. They leave me in the ofgice for 2 hours at a time.

• Io
      26th of Jun, 2010

I meant "...you are now an old patient" in my previous comment...not sure how to edit I just joined this board.

8th of Aug, 2010

i am thinking about getting breast augmentation and i was butchered already by a plastic surgeon in manhattan i am contimplating dr ganchi but after reading some of these things im chnging my mind... any1 out there have any good results from breast aug????

• Po
      9th of Aug, 2010

This cannot be 100% accurate. Dr. Ganchi is the best around. If he says he'll do something, he will. I, for one, have had a procedure done with Dr. Ganchi where I felt the ending result was progressive, but not ideal. I made an appointment a few weeks later and discussed my concern with him. He agreed and arranged for a revision at no cost. The procedure is not common and tricky to "eyeball." Dr. Ganchi did not let me down. He sought that it was right until the end.

Either this reviewer suffers from body dysmorphic disorder, or moreso, encountered mis-communication with Dr. Ganchi. The number one reason for unsatisfactory for patients that undergo elective surgery is MISCOMMUNICATION. Plastic Surgeons are not mind readers and they are all too often expected to be.

It is important not to assume. If you think something is lacking, disscuss it with him.

About the "extremely defensive" comment, it is utter nonsense but worth addressing because Dr. Ganchi is the most well mannered and pleasantly tempered doctor you'll ever meet. This is one of the reasons why I chose to have my surgery done with him as opposed to several other doctors. To tell a doctor that his procedure was done incorrectly is arrogant and insulting. Just because it didn't turn out the way you had hoped doesn't mean it was done wrong. Again, you probably didn't not effectively communicate to Dr. Ganchi your ideal results. If you had, Dr. Ganchi would have delivered. I recommend him wholeheartedly to everyone. The few people that did go to him as a result have had nothing but good things to preach as well. His staff has always treated me like a prince and more. Shame on you for trying to tarnish his reputation!

14th of Aug, 2010

any 1 have breast implants done by dr ganchi???????????

• Ve
      20th of Oct, 2010

BEWARE...I had a BREAST AUGMENTATION with Dr. Ganchi that turned out HORRIBLE. My nipples face up and my lift scars are ugly...not to mention I look like I have two different breasts all together. Dr. Ganchi could not help me when I complained about the results and just seemed annoyed. I didn' t feel comfortable going back to the office after that and am looking for another surgeon to correct my problems.
    As for the office staff, they are nice until you sign up for surgery and then they show their true colors. They gave me such a hard time to schedule my appointments once they knew I was unhappy. I found out one of his staff is his own wife.. ...who boasts him and works there... she even shows off all the work she's had done like an ad...so deceitful and tasteless.
    I too fell for the ads and hyped credentials...you can NOT trust them.

• Ne
      23rd of Dec, 2010

I met with Dr. Ganchi and his staff three times and they seem very nice and accommodating. I am leaning towards having him perform my tummy tuck within the next 60 days BUT after reviewing these posts I am heavily reconsidering. Has anyone been had a bad tummy tuck outcome with Dr Ganchi?

27th of Dec, 2010

I have had a tummy tuck last year and was not thrilled with my results as my scars are still ugly. I was told the scars would fade by now and my tummy would be smooth and that is not the case. I expected much more from the doctor and the office who has been less than excited to help me now. I feel a bit dismissed after the fact and agree with a lot of the comments above about being let down. As someone else has expressed earlier beware of the hype and look for a low key and honest surgeon and office. Anyone can advertise and make claims but what is true is often otherwise.

7th of Jun, 2017

@not so smooth Dr. Ganchi WILL NOT HELP YOU ONCE HE HAS HIS MONEY. MY ARMS ARE BUTCHERED. THEY ARE SAGGING AND THEY LOOK WRINKLED. I SPENT $8000 to loom worse than I did before LASER LIPOSUCTION. HE TOLD ME THAT MY ARMS WOULD SHRINK WITH THE LASER. THEY DID NOT SHRINK THEY ARE 60% SAGGING, AND 40% WRINKLED. DR. GANCHI IS A MASTER MANIPULATOR AS ARE THE PEOPLE THAT HE EMPLOYS. HIS FINANCE CONSULTANT KAREN IS A NUT JOB!!! BUYER BEWARE I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE TO ANYONE - IF ANYONE WANTS PICTURES OF HIS BOTCH WORK I WILL SEND THEM.

18th of Jun, 2017

@Liposcam Sorry you're not happy with your result. Dr. Ganchi will continue to help you as long as you want him to. In fact, you are already scheduled to see him again. Please call us if you have lost your appointment date/time.
    When you first consulted with Dr. Ganchi, he explained that you needed an armlift if you want to have TIGHT arms. You decided to go against his advice and chose the laser liposuction to avoid the long scars. Remember, armlift is the best procedure for skin tightening (10 out of 10). For those who want TIGHT skin on their arms, armlift is the only good option. Laser liposuction is for people who don't want the long scar of armlift but want fat removed and a LITTLE tightening of the skin (3 out of 10 tightening). With laser liposuction, the result are arms that are much smaller and without noticeable scars but not nearly as tight as an armlift.

• Ia
      16th of Feb, 2011

he was good

• Ia
      16th of Feb, 2011

Dr Ganchi is a fraud. Do not get any plastic surgery from him. I paid thousands of dollars and it's all wasted. Got tummy tuck with him with breast implants. He disfigured me horribly. when u complain his entire office staff including his wife Leyla, karen all will attack you. He does very bad pain control too. He will let you just suffer in pain and embarassement. DON'T USE HIM. Not a harvard graduate just harvard trained. Everyone in his office is fake!!! I am out of $25, 000 and now i have to find another plastic surgeon to fix his mistakes!!!

7th of Jun, 2017

@iamnot happy He is absolutely not A Harvard graduate!!! I looked at his credentials at the medical boards. He graduated from DUKE!!! He is a well versed fraud!!! He should not be able to practice medicine!!! I have had many surgeries (non elective) this was the first thing I did for myself. I saved for 6 years so I could afford Laser liposuction with DR. GANCHI and now that the procedure is done he wants nothing to do with me. I will be filing an official complaint with the medical board!!! He butchered me and now he will not fix his mistake!!!

18th of Jun, 2017

@Liposcam We're very sorry that you're not happy with your result. We DO want to continue seeing you. In fact, you are already in our schedule for a follow-up visit. If you have misplaced the date/time of this appointment, please call us so we can clarify your appointment. Dr. Ganchi will do whatever he can to help you get a nice result.
    Regarding Dr. Ganchi's credentials, we have clarified this below in your several other posts but will do so again. It is easy to confuse Dr. Ganchi's credentials. He has graduated from several of the nation's top institutions, Princeton, Harvard and Duke! Dr. Ganchi received his undergraduate degree in molecular biology from Princeton University. He received his MD and a PhD in molecular biology from Duke University. Finally, he completed both his general and plastic surgical training at Harvard. You can view his CV on our website (https://www.ganchi.com/plastic-surgeon-new-jersey/). Dr. Ganchi is also listed on the Harvard Plastic Surgery website. Just go to the Harvard alumni website (https://www.plasticsurgeryresidency.hms.harvard.edu/alumni) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see his name. You may have to cut and paste the above URLs into your browser. We hope this clarifies Dr. Ganchi's credentials.

• Mb
      28th of Feb, 2011

I came across this website looking for Dr. Ganchi reviews. When I found it I had already pay for my surgery. I was skeptical and scared to have my surgery. I went on and had my surgery on 2/22/11.(tummy tuck with lipo). I can't be happier with my results. Completely exceeded my expectations. I do recommend Dr. Ganchi! "I'm so happy"

• Se
      17th of Mar, 2011

I am leaning towards Dr. Ganchi for a tummy tuck but after reading these reviews ..I am scared and Skeptical. Looks like his staff/wife
    could be writing in the Testimonials and hyping his credentails. Are there any real patients who had a good experience with dr. Parham ganchi.
    Please Help!!

7th of Jun, 2017

@Seema1 100000% his staff is writing his positive reviews!!! Now that I have complaints he sits there and talks about his other botch jobs. I feel sorry for anyone who gives him money. His first lie should have told me about his character!!! He is not a Harvard graduate!!! Once a liar always a liar!!!

18th of Jun, 2017

@Liposcam Our staff do not write fake reviews. This is against our policy. Also, it is easy to confuse Dr. Ganchi's credentials. He has graduated from several of the nation's top institutions, Princeton, Harvard and Duke! Dr. Ganchi received his undergraduate degree in molecular biology from Princeton University. He received his MD and a PhD in molecular biology from Duke University. Finally, he completed both his general and plastic surgical training at Harvard. You can view his CV on our website (https://www.ganchi.com/plastic-surgeon-new-jersey/). Dr. Ganchi is also listed on the Harvard Plastic Surgery website. Just go to the Harvard alumni website (https://www.plasticsurgeryresidency.hms.harvard.edu/alumni) and scroll to the bottom of the page. You may have to cut and paste the above URLs into your browser. We hope this clarifies Dr. Ganchi's credentials.

• So
      27th of Mar, 2011

I spent $8, 500.00 for a breast lift and it was all wrong. One breast was soggier than the other, I asked the doctor why I still have that soggy around my breast and why my breast was looking so down and he answered that if I wanted the sogginess and the breasts more up I had to do a breast reduction not a breast lift! He told me this after my operation! Are you [censor]ing kidding me? You are the [censor]ing doctor you are supposed to tell me before and agree on what I want done. I had doubts about the paper he makes you sign before the operation where he avoids responsibilities of any wrong doing on his part. Also, I did not have to take any standard pre-op test. The guy came recommended by a friend so I trusted that he was good. AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

7th of Jun, 2017

@Soggy Breasts Omg!!! I wish I read this before I spent $8000 on laser liposuction with Dr Ganchi. I signed the contract but I thought nothing of it!!! He claims zero responsibility for his work. Dr. Ganchi is the most unethical man I have ever come across!!!

18th of Jun, 2017

@Liposcam The "contract" that you signed before surgery is a standard surgical consent that is signed by all surgical patients before surgery. It is standard of care for all surgeons and their patients. This is not unique to our practice. These are standard consents created by the American Society of Plastic Surgery and used by board-certified plastic surgeons. We claim full responsibility for our work. The consent is simply used to clarify the potential risks and complications from any surgical procedure. It is your right to know what to expect from your procedure and also what can go wrong before you make the decision to have surgery. Hopefully, this clarifies the role of the consent before surgery.

• Al
      28th of Mar, 2011

I am almost one year post op for a tummy tuck and lipo suction of flanks and lower back. I cannot be more pleased with my results! I honestly don't beleive these negative comments about Dr. Ganchi and his staff. Every single moment of my time with them has been absolutely pleasant and wonderful. I had some very, very minor concerns with a small scar area as well as a dimple from the liposuction. Dr. Ganchi without hesitation agreed to fix them at no additional charge. Mind you, I believe that these "revisions" are ones that many other doctors would consider so minor they wouldn't even agree to revise them.
    Dr. Ganchi changed my life, honestly. My stomach looks exactly like I dared to dream it would! I had very realistic expectations, and my results far exceeded those expectations! So many times a day I am thankful that I chose Dr. Ganchi! I am a real patient that found Dr. Ganchi on the internet along with some other very capable surgeons along with some dubious ones! Go to the NJ Medical Examiners web page if you really want to see if anyone has been so mistreated by ANY Dr. that they lodged an official complaint. You should do this with ANY Dr. you are considering for anything! This web site should not be the place you get turned off by a Dr.! You have no idea truly why people are posting what they are posting!
    If ANY plastic surgeon is board certified, has no major issues on the medical examiners board, makes you feel comfortable and good with your decision, answers your questions, and you like the results of other patients getting the same procedures, then go to him and don't worry about this website!
    This is what I did, and that is why I chose Dr. Ganchi and not for one second have I regretted my decision! I won't go to anyone else!
    To address the credentials issue, board certified is board certified. Double board certified is even more impressive. Dr. Ganchi can't lie about that. To call into question the extent of his schooling is probably illegal if you cant prove it, so the person that did that better watch themselves!
    As far as office staff showing off their work, honestly I kind of loved that about the staff! I show my belly off all the time now! And I don't know who is married to Dr. Ganchi and I don't care! Seeing beautiful results right there in front of me was a huge reason why I chose him! I was so excited to be taking such a big step in my life and it was very cool to me to see these women as psyched about their results as I hoped I someday would be!
    One Dr. I interviewed was in a large group practice. I looked through their "results" books while I waited for my consult. I found out by accident that the Dr. I consulted with had not necessarily done ANY of those procedures!!! All of those pics you see in Dr. Ganchi's office can only have been done by him! If anyone wants to see my before and afters, call Ganchi's office I'd be more than happy to send them to you! THEY ARE AMAZING! I will also gladly talk to you on the phone, the office I'm sure will give you my cell (Allison 4/7/2010) if you ask. And I am not on Dr. Ganchi's payroll, I just feel he is being very unfairly represented here!
    I think whoever is posting this about Dr. Ganchi has a personal vendetta against him. I am literally just a person off the street that happened to choose him for my tummy tuck and I can't be more happy with my experience and results. If you have realistic expectations, and express yourself to Dr. Ganchi, I can't IMAGINE how you wouldn't be happy with him or his wonderful, top notch staff!

• Th
      30th of Mar, 2011

I am also a real patient. I had breast augmentation 2 years ago and I am thrilled! I have also had Botox and fillers since and could not be happier. I have referred many friends and they are all happy with their surgery and other things they had done there. Any intelligent person can do their own research and figure out that he IS a Harvard graduate and has also trained there...he IS double board certified and has a clear record with the medical board. I spent months researching and you can not compare his credentials with any other doctor out there.

The "soggy breast" person clearly has a communication barrier and probably did not communicate what she wanted to Dr Ganchi...I am assuming she means "sagging breasts"...not "soggy"! As a matter of fact, I wanted my breasts to look fuller on top, not the "typical" look...I explained what I wanted and he made them look exactly like I wanted them to. I have met his wife. She is actually very nice. Everyone there made me feel welcome and I have never had any problems with their staff or making appointments. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Ganchi.

31st of Mar, 2011

WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS IM THE HAPPIEST IVE EVER BEEN. DR GANCHI IS AN AMAZING SURGEON AS WELL AS A CARING PERSON WITH THE MOST INCREDIBLE BED SIDE MANNERS. I DID YEARS OF RESEARCH AFTER I WAS BUTCHERED BY A PARK AVE PLASTIC SURGEON 12 YEARS AGO. IT TOOK ME THIS LONG TO FIND SOME1 I FELT COMFORTABLE WITH CONSIDERING I ALMOST DIED FROM THE MANHATTAN PS. I WENT TO DR GANCHI FOR A CONSULT AND BOOKED SURGERY THAT DAY. FOR ME THAT WAS A BIG THING, HE IS NOT ONLY SMART, KIND, BUT THE MAN IS AN ARTIST HE PUT ME BACK TOGETHER AND GAVE ME THE BREASTS I THOUGHT I COULD NEER ACHIEVE. I WOULD TELL ANY1 THAT IS LOOKING FOR PLASTIC SURGERY LOOK NO FURTHER. HE IS THE BEST BY FAR. THIS IS COMING FROM A WOMAN WHO WAS PETRIFIED AND DR GANCHI MADE IT SOOO EASY RECOVERY WAS AMAZING I DID WITH NO PAIN KILLERS HE IS JUST THE BEST. AND TO BOOT WHAT DR GIVES YOU HIS CELL PHONE? HE DOES HE WILL TAKE ANY QUESTION ANY TIME OF THE DAY. I CANT RAVE ENOUGH ABOUT DR GANCHI. AND HIS OFFICE STAFF IS THE BEST EVER THEY BECAME LIKE FAMILY TO ME.. AND BELIEVE ME I DROVE THEM CRAZY AND THEY PUT UP WITH ME LOL I LOVE YOU DR GANCHI AND STAFF... RAQUEL GEBBIA...