Dr. Matarasso - Dermatology Medical Group / restylane nightmare

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 415-362-2238

STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN! Please!
I went to receive a dermal filler treatment from Dr. Matarraso (restylane). He gave me completely uneven injections, making my smile lines completely lopsided and assymetrical. I called the office and asked if I could go back in to have a touch-up for them to be evened out, and they were very accomodating and let me come in that day.
I went in, and the first thing that the doctor said to me was that the first job was the best that he could do, that i was being ridiculous and didn't know what i was talking about, and if I wanted better, I should go elsewhere, but that he would touch them up anyways. I felt as if I were being scolded and torn apart for simply asking that the job that i payed for be done correctly.
Not only did he "touch up" what he had originally done, he completely "overcorrected" it, to the point where half of my face looks lie I was punched in the side of the head... completely swollen! My right cheek looks like a chipmunk, while the left side looks completely normal. MY face is now completely assymetrical, and will remain so until the product begins to reabsorb over the course of the next few months.
Not only that, he was unbelievably rude and condescending to me, and told me never to come back again.
I have no doubt that he overdid it to get back at me for criticizing his work. I never had any intentions of insulting or offending him. I just asked that he finish the job that he had started.
He is an arrogant, self-absorbed, vindictive and cruel man.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM HIM.
I'm completely devastated. He ruined my face and there's nothing to be dome about it until it naturally reabsorbs in several months time.
PLEASE don't let this happen to you!

Na

Comments

• Lu
      4th of Oct, 2008

Sounds like a typical egomaniac plastic surgeon. You are lucky it isn't permanent. Thanks for the warning. I'm sure many will think twice about seeing this "icon" of plastic surgery in the future.

• Sd
      21st of Feb, 2009

FYI - people have also submitted complaints about this doctor's brother, Dr. Alan Matarasso, who practices in New York:

Probably best to stay away from both!!!

• Rc
      15th of Mar, 2009

I think he is a great Plastic Surgeon
    Did my face and my leg Great Job.

U sound like Merril Streep and Goldie Hawn What is that movie???
    Oh I know Goldie in First Wives Club, When the plastic surgeon refused to inject any more into her lips.

The way u sound on this board is obsessive, Which I believe must be your whole life Obsessive!!!

Opps I forgot I am sure you will blame the Dr. for all your life's failures...

18th of Mar, 2010

I thank you for anyone thta post that botched surgeries of any kind.