Dr Marika Zoll / do not buy puppy from broker Marika Zoll

Ojai, CA, United States Review updated:

Dr Marika Zoll is a broker, she bought 15 pups from me for $1500 and re-sell them for $3-4k!
She biggest lier you ever see, please be careful buy puppy from the broker!

Mar 03, 2013

Comments

•   Mar 03, 2013

Jealousy is an ugly mistress.

•   Apr 01, 2013

This is mind blowing to me that it is so easy for someone to "slander" someone here. This person is another breeder. I know for certain that Dr. Zoll was going to do business with her and then changed her mind when she learned that her puppies were not coming from where they said they were. This is pure "slander". Dr. Zoll has been in business for 8 years. She has females of her own. She has a Phd. In Animal Behavioral psychology and degrees in genetics. She breeds only qua;lity dogs. When she on occassion sells dogs from other breeders they are dogs that are also of "superb quality". She learned that Champion pups was not up to the standard that she herself breeds for. This other breeder is simply "jealous". I mean read her words. They are not even proper english. So sad. There is no judge or jury with this website. Don't believe everything you read. Do what I did. Visit both breeders. I did. I bought a dog from Dr. Zoll 6 years ago. I just recently bought another. I could not be happier with my dogs. She has never "lied" about anything to me. In fact, she is a wealth of information and gives more that you even ask for in knowledge and kindness. I read this review and asked her about it. You might do the same. REmember, this site is all unedited and ANYTHING can be written here. Thats all I have to say.

•   Apr 05, 2013

I cannot believe anyone would write anything this ridiculous about Marika Zoll. First and foremost Marika is a longtime breeder of beautiful AKC registered dogs. I know firsthand as I have two of her dogs and they are fantastic, just beautiful dogs in every way! She is an honest and very honorable dealer and the dogs always come first for her. Marika has, on occasion, been a broker for others as well. It is my understanding that prior to this woman's "review", Marika stopped working with her as she lied to Marika about her dogs being AKC. In fact, Marika learned she was getting them from the Ukraine - they were not even American dogs. Marika Zoll's knowledge of French bulldogs, her ability to choose the best of breed for sire and dam is and has always been impeccable. Not a day goes by when I'm walking my two dogs Bonaparte and Bitz, that I'm not stopped by someone who admires how beautiful they are - and they are! From look, confirmation of size, coat, overall health, alertness, temperament - you name it, they are just superb dogs. I would have no problem getting a third dog from her and honestly there is no other breeder I would go to! Please do yourselves a favor if you're seeking a Frenchie and disregard this woman's "review" - and rather you will be very pleased with the results! I'm attaching a photo of my two Frenchies with one of Marika's puppies Max. Gorgeous! Arianna Eisenberg

•   Apr 05, 2013

Attached are photos of my Frenchie's from Marika along with one of her pups - Max

•   Apr 05, 2013

I want to comment on the woman named "Elena" who made the original nasty and fictitious comment about Marika Zoll. This woman has now retaliated against me for saying something positive (even accusing me now of being Ms. Zoll - which I am clearly NOT). This woman's emails are unbalanced and manic. I would be very wary of having ANY dealings with her on any level and only feel sorry for the dogs she does have. I have never been so personally attacked by anyone for simply defending some else I know to be trustworthy, honest and who has done everything she said she would do. Again, I have two dogs from her, they are wonderful dogs, healthy, happy and thriving. She cares deeply about these animals and one of the reasons I still keep in touch with her is that she becomes attached to every dog and wants to follow up and know how they're doing. I personally think that is a wonderful thing. I'll be honest I've never quite seen anything like this from anyone on a post. There is something troubling about this woman. Beware is all I'm going to say. The "real" Arianna Eisenberg who is NOT Marika Zoll. LOLLL

Arianna,
    My husband was absolutely right!
    You the best friend of Marika or you ARE MARIKA:)
    Because nobody will protect other person so bad like you do right now.
    Stop to write me, I have my own opinion about MARIKA and I will keep this opinion to myself.
    Good luck "Arianna"- Marika Zoll!

•   Apr 06, 2013

This woman is nuttier than a fruitcake folks. I would be forewarned by her diatribes prior to ever doing business with her.

•   Apr 06, 2013

Arianna - woman with pure education and big black mouth, she sad she is producer, people who is have this job very intelligent and nice people. What you cannot say about this woman !!!
    I don't know how person like her can be producer and have job like that!
    Arianna don't know me at all, she never bought puppy from me why somebody will write something nasty if don't even know person?
    I am doctor veterinarian and professor of music, I have two degrees (master and Ph.D), I am the owner of my clinic in Europe, my sister is also a veterinarian with 40 years experience. You buy a puppy from veterinarians, not just from simple breeders, it gives you a guarantee to buy only a healthy puppy!
    I have thousand happy buyers ALL OVER THE WORLD OWN OF MY PUP, if you go to this page you can see letter by letter http://championpups.com/letters.php, if you will go to page # 5 and read yellow color letter you will understand who we are...Only what we want to make people happy !
    I never will understand why people like Arianna write something like that?
    Because they Americans and they think they somebody ? People, you need to be proud of your country and be shame for people like Arianna!
    I am american citizen also and i love America, but I never ever will understand this woman.
    Elena Merrill (web.site:championpups.com)

Beatrice - is that you?

• Yv
      Jul 02, 2013

This sort of thing sickens me, that is it LEGAL for people to write ### about other people without the presence of a jury. I bought a dog from Dr. Marika Zoll. I know who this other breeder is too. I made it my business to visit all the breeders I could find in the Los Angeles or nearby areas. The conditions compared between breeders was truly astounding. AND, I can tell you the reason I bought my dog from Dr. Marika Zoll is because it is so apparent that she is passionate about the breed, that she is sincere, and would do anything for her dogs. There is no comparison to what you will see at Champion Pups. Athat after spending 3 hours at her house I came back a month later and bought my forever new baby boy Enzo.

Champion pups is run by a Ukranian woman, Olena Merril and her American husband. They have so many dogs in their house that one knows that there is no way all those dogs are born there. The house is vacant of furniture. It is cold and feels void of true caring for the animals. It feels like a store front. After reading the comments above I now gather that they are the brokers. Champion pups is pointing a finger to dissuade the attention from themselves. Dr. Zoll did not buy dogs from her after she learned her business ethics were less that scrupulous. I have asked Dr. Zoll about this complaint and heard her side of the story. Champion pups made this rave review in a moment of heated disappointment when Dr. Zoll left her holding 12 puppies now unsold because Dr. Zoll cancelled her order when she learned that the dogs were not AKC registered legitimately. The dogs are coming from another place. As noted "champion pups is the broker". It seems that after this whole mess here Champion pups did try to retract this complaint but that is not possible on this site. This is not Yelp where you can delete. Now, this thread will haunt everyone involved forever and ever. I thought it advisable that I add to the credibility of the truth by writing something here. We could not be happier about our experience with Dr. Zoll and French Bulldogs LA. Don't believe what you read. Don't even believe me. Go see for yourself and then decide. She lives in Ojai, CA. This is about a 2 hours drive from Ojai and worth every minute of the drive to receive your dog from this environment. We will never regret having taken the time to shop around. I hope you will do the same.

• Ji
      Jul 04, 2013

I've known Marika for years now. I've done tons of business with her. She is as ethical and clean and kind hearted as a person you will ever meet. Your post is absolute rubbish and made out of pure jealousy. Its quite obvious.

• Br
      Jul 08, 2013

I will remain anonymous, but I have a very successful company that works with multiple different breeders across the United States. I have done business with Dr. Marika Zoll and she is by far one of the most professional breeders out there. She is very educational and knows this breed as good if not better than anyone out there. Given the original complainer cant ever talk with proper English I would never suggest you purchase dog from Champion pups. Dr. Zoll also offers financing options which shows she really cares about her clients and her puppies finding new homes and is willing to work with her clients. With Dr. Zoll its never been about making a quick buck more finding the puppies great new homes! ...to the other breeders who are mad because she is the most popular breeder of frenchies in L.A...GET A LIFE!!!

• Le
      Jul 11, 2014

Marika Zoll has amazing puppies ans actually cares! What a lot of you wrote is untrue! Get your facts straight!

• Le
      Jul 11, 2014

marika cares so much and is so professional!

• Va
      Jun 15, 2015

I bought my dog from Dr. Marika. She is and was absolutely devoted to her. She's even stopped to visit whenever we are in Ojai so that she can see our dog again. She clearly cares a LOT about her dogs. Our dog is not only beautiful but very healthy. We have met another couple of dogs that Marika sold at the Silver Lake dog park and they are also doing GREAT, and they are adults. No weird illnesses or genetic conditions, good breathers.

The environment in which the dogs grow is clearly very very good. With space to play and run about, very clean and natural. I do not know what the OP is talking about. My experience was this: I dealt with a professional and caring expert who sold me a healthy beautiful dog with the best temperament you can imagine.

• Re
      Mar 17, 2018

There is actually a criminal investigation happening against Champion Pups LA and Elena, or Olena Merril whatever name she is using now. She deals puppies like the cartel. She knowingly is breeding dogs with health problems and not within AKC compliance, you will never get papers. I have been working the lats year rallying folks who have now sick dogs from her with genetic health issues and it is my one goal in life now to shut her down!

• El
      Jun 27, 2018

I'm not sure if my rating is for Dr. Marika Zoll, an INCREDIBLE breeder who bred my best friend in the world, a beautiful, tiny blonde french bulldog named Hank, or for the slanderous liar that made the original post.

Everyone is jealous of my little guy's small size, beautiful big smile, and muscular body-- but I just love him for his perfect personality and companionship. 10000% recommend Dr. Zoll.

• Li
      Feb 08, 2019

She definitely sold us a brokered puppy. We're 4k into allergy bills on a Frug that was sold to us as a Frenchie. Stay away!