Dr. Greg Greenberg, Orthodontist / Charged me for services never received

1 8510 Abrams Rd., Suite 508, Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 214-503-0060

I would not recommend orthodontist Dr. Greg Greenberg of Dallas, Texas. During the course of my orthodontic treatment with him, I paid him for full for orthodontic treatment including the cost for a retainer and the cost to remove my braces.

Before my treatment was complete and while still in braces, Dr. Greenberg sent me a letter stating he did would no longer treat me. He refused to reimburse me for the retainer I had already paid him for and for the cost of having my braces removed, which I had also paid him for.

I had to pay another orthodontist $250 to remove my braces. I sent Dr. Greg Greenberg a letter along with the bill for $250 I had to pay the other orthodontist and requested reimbursement for a total of $560. This amount included the $250 and $310 that I found Dr. Greg Greenberg had charged me up-front for a retainer that I never received.

He responded with a letter stating he would not reimburse me. I am out $560 and have filed a complaint against him with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners and the Better Business Bureau.

I would strongly urge anyone seeking orthodontic treatment to steer clear of this orthodontist. My advice would be to choose an orthodontist where you pay at the end of treatment for the retainer and the cost to remove the braces.

Comments

• Or
      13th of Oct, 2009

K. Wallace,

It appears as if the problem might be with you. You have to have done something to warrant your ortho to fire you as a client. What did you do to this guy? What are you doing different from everyone else that gets you in trouble while the rest of is don't have your issues?

• Pa
      12th of Nov, 2009

Paul Paseli

I do not agree with the charges leveled at Dr Greeneberg. This complainant is not accurate in his allegations. I think it is a matter of his erroneous perceptions. Dr Greenberg is a great orthodontist. I have been under his care since 2007. I transferred from another orthodontist in Indiana. I saw several orthodontists for evaluations prior to choosing Dr Greenberg because I was immensely impressed by his initial services. I found him and his staff to be very wonderful. I have never had any problems whatsoever ever since I have been under his care. His services are superior. He is very understanding and always very helpful. His practice treats all patients equally the same, with unparalleled respect and excellence. He is a man of integrity. He does not only provide great services to all his patients, he also reaches out to surrounding communities with charitable events and donations. If he is not a great orthodontist, he would not have a lot of satisfied patients like me. I feel like part of his family. I strongly recommend him to anyone who appreciates excellence in service delivery.

• Gr
      4th of Dec, 2009

We, at Dr. Greenberg’s practice, appreciate the opportunity to share our response to the review. In this situation, we completed treatment for the patient in 4 months. The patient continued to dictate additional treatment for another 14 months, even after we informed him that his treatment was complete. This patient then disappeared for 12 months, refusing our phone calls and letters. He did not respond to any of our attempts and in fact even refused to pick up our second certified letter from his mail box. We informed him that we could not be held liable for problems he might have from leaving braces on his teeth without supervision.

After we legally released him from care, he contacted us another 12 months later wanting us to pay for retainers and braces removal. Yes, he did pay for 4 months of treatment, which actually turned into 14 months without any additional charges.

As for the Better Business Bureau I appealed his complaint and the BBB found in my favor and rejected his claims. The Texas State Board of Dental Examiners also dismissed his claim.

I hope this information has helped give everyone the whole picture. The goal at our practice is to work together with you to build a beautiful smile. If you have any questions, please contact us at http://rxsmile.com/