dr Deepak Ranade / Endoscopic discectomy

1 pune, India

I went to him for my spine problem. He asked me to do MRI scan. It was observed that my disc at L4-L5 level has bulged out and is pressing the nerve going down the left leg. This was causing immense pain due to which I was barely able to walk,
Generally these type of problems are cured through physiotheraphy. Only 5% of cases requires surgery (minimal invasion or major invasive).
However this Doc directly put me through endoscopy (minimal invasive spine surgery). He said this is the best alternative and i can get back to work within 15 days. Further to this he said I have conducted 600 operations. He poured knowledge and i was taken away by his sweet talks, He did not even charged me for visits.

After having gone through the endoscope, my situation worsened. My back started to ace badly and I developed condition called sitica. This could have been averted had he put me through physiotherpy.

I myself then did some data browsing on similar cases. My findings corroborated with other doctors from similar filed. The data says endoscopy only yeilds 40% results. This particular doctor just wanted to use his newly brought endoscopic equipment on me. Upon furter investigation i found that he had only conducted 3 such operations.

Post operation when my condition did not improve this Doc stared to conduct sessions with me to pacify me. When he released i am not giving up, he just worte a letter to another doctor for opinion. While giving the letter he said lets get over it once and for all. He said i am too skeptical and situation will improve within 6 month to a year. Had he informed me about this earlier i would have avoided the surgery.

I am still suffering. This has affected badly my family and work, I was so carried away with his talks that when i released this operation was not successful, i went into mental depression. It took 6 months for me to come out of it.

My sincere request to readers/sufferers to avoid such doctors who with their gullible talks wants to make quick bucks.

Ra