Dr. Brian Kinney -Horrifying Nose Surgery / Disfiguring Nose Surgery - Stay Away from Dr. Brain Kinney

2080 Century Park East #1110Century City, CA, United States Review updated:
2.8
Phone: 310-277-5112

Dr. Brian Kinney:

It’s horrifying and unacceptable – the results of the procedures you performed on me…the incision marks through my lip are “Frankenstein” like, the keloid, the divet in my lips…the persistent numbing/tightness/scarring in my lips, the hypertrophic scar that grew back after excision and the pain/structural change/persistent swelling in my nose and terrible injury and trauma when you wrongly ripped the splint off.

I cannot rationalize paying for the surgery after being injured by you as well as the other problems that arose from your procedures. I refuse to pay. That was not what I signed up for. You are also liable for medical costs I am incurring now. No one would go through surgery if they knew they had to suffer for almost 7 months and persisting and have setbacks for all these months the way I have.

There are several problems with the surgery you performed on me Sept. 5th, 2006. I did not sign up nor give you consent to be assaulted by you when you aggressively ripped the splint from my nose. I have been to three other doctors for a second opinion. All three are in agreement that the splint would never be aggressively ripped from my just operated on nose for any reason 3 days post op. My appointment with you that day was for you to remove the 3 feet of gauze you had inserted into each nostril, which was sheer torture. The gauze was slipping down my throat from my nose. Instead you were so focused on obtaining my approval for shortening my nose after you performed an unapproved surgery. My mother and I both know you did that to display to us that you had shortened my nose (without my consent) as this was not discussed in my consultation with you. The bruising came days after you ripped the splint off. My nose swelled up the size of a large Russet potato. We were all there and witnessed it. The bruising was not present that day. And a large problem, which continues, is that I remain injured and hurt today.

As well, the goal after surgery is to minimize the amount of swelling, so that the patient has a result that retains the desired shape of the nose. There was no medical reason to tear off the splint. You initially tried to yank from my left side up near my eyebrow (the top part of the splint where I still have a lump near the corner of my eye. Then you pulled from my right to my left in two tugs and yanks. This is where my face took the brunt of your yank. There is still a hard, knot right under my eye along the bone of my orbital and cheek where the splint covered to and on both oblique sides of my nose. There is also a crease in between each lump of trauma. This was created because you yanked, and stopped, then yanked with all your might again, and really damaged the tissue and bone along the nasomaxillary suture line. Dr. Kinney, when you ripped the splint off with all your might, you assaulted me and injured me. The shape of my nose till this day has been lumpy and enlarged.

Then you tried to bully me into thinking it is “normal” to have this result…and I was at your mercy to heal. But I have not healed. The asymmetrical splayed look of the nasal bones, whether scarring, swelling, or bone displacement is still there. On the right side of my face there is continued swelling that still is bowing and splaying out on my nasal bone starting near the corner of my right eye, extending down along the nasomaxillary suture line and turning out along the ridge under the socket of my under eye area where a huge knot has formed, of scar tissue or bone.

I am not going to be bullied by you. I have held so much anger toward you. Everybody understands that a nose surgery, especially of the subtle type you were supposed to perform on me, would never result in looking like I was hit in the face with a heavy brick. Otherwise, NOBODY would want such a surgery.

More Dr. Brian Kinney -Horrifying Nose Surgery Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Sh
  19th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I went to Brian Kinney for a facelift. He talked me into it claiming that he was not like other doctors in Beverly Hills, claiming that he had better skill. I am 68 yrs. old. I came out of surgery with the most visible scars on the sides of my face. As well, one side is tighter than the other, and I have to undergo corrective care. This has been a nightmare. I lost all my confidence in him, and I've been emotionally paralyzed by this. My life was so care-free before, but because of his sloppy work, and new found out about inexperience...he has taken away any happiness I had before. I am scared to have to go thru another surgery, and I've been told the scars are hard to fix. I don't know what to do. I just hope to warn others to stay away from Dr. Brian Kinney.
Fr
  12th of Oct, 2008
he did a vag-lift for me
K
  1st of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I think this is the same surgeon that a girl I knew went to see for an eye lift, and she said he was a total nervous freak. She said the minute she sat down with him, he seemed like he was on drugs or wired on Coke. She got the vibe to run out of there...good thing she did! He sounds like a nightmare, nut job!

How could this Dr. Brian Kinney be so sloppy? He sounds like he would need to be put away!
He
  21st of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
What a complete Terror! This Dr. Brian Kinney has no skill, no care, no finesse...just a very DESTRUCTIVE person. Sounds like Dr. Brian Kinney takes out his anger on female patients.
Le
  30th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Agree with all that. All this patients are left with HORRIBLE scars and never go back to him. I am surprised he is still in practice...
La
  3rd of Mar, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
When I worked for this doctor, I only met with UNHAPPY patients. I have to say it! Dr Kinney does not care about the results and I don't think he's talented. His scars are horrible and his patients are always disapointed and NEVER come back. He's a more like a scientist rather than a plastic surgeon and he's so weird... He's either on coke or he's bipolar... His ego is HUGE and all he does is talking about himself, all day long. He is not a very successful doctor and struggle to pay his bills... so he charges high fees to compensate. Even his wife was very unhappy with the surgeries he did on her! And last but not least, he cannot even do injections correctly! The worst working experience is my life.
Le
  10th of Jan, 2013
I have been fitness, swimsuit and glamour modeling part-time for many years; see www.maxim.com/hometown-hotties/leah-long-beach-ca-0 for example. Why does that matter? Because, quite literally, my face and body were my bread and butter for many years. So when I chose a surgeon, it was imperative that I chose the absolute best there is. I've quietly done so for years, but now I had to write something, as I saw recent vitriolic garbage written about my doctor and really needed to respond.

Dr. Brian Kinney has done my thigh area liposuction, rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, knee lift, sweat gland ablation, Botox, lip augmentation, and nasolabial folds filler (whew!). He is the ONLY person who I let work on me, and he's kept me looking and feeling my best for nearly a decade now. He's honest when things aren't needed or wouldn't help me look/feel great, and he doesn't perform procedures unless necessary, helpful, safe and sane.

Beyond his phenomenal scientific prowess and artistic taste, he's provided sharp insight, friendly consult, and genuine concern for matters of health, appearance and happiness over the years. He's never charged me for all the time spent making sure I'm content and comfortable with all that we do and do not do. I'm 36 as of this writing, and thanks to Dr. Brian Kinney, I'm still turning heads everywhere I go! More importantly that that, I feel confident and happy, and NO ONE ever thinks I've had anything "done." They simply think I look astoundingly hot, LOL. I'll continue trusting him, and ONLY him, with my face and body for decades to come.

The ONLY reason I've bothered to write this commentary tonight is that it pains me to see Ms. lies posted about someone whose only mistake was to treat someone to whom he ought to have refused service. Because Dr. Brian Kinney is so very friendly, the person who wrote these dishonest and fake "reviews" (they aren't even real, and could be removed by law if the issue were to be forced at great cost and hassle, I'm sure) was able to cause problems and then disparage one of the best people in the business. The real story, a resounding victory for Dr. Kinney in a court of law against this disgrace of a patient, is a matter of public record and can easily be discovered if any potential patient wants to read what really happened.

I trust that within the word-of-mouth circles of patients who demand the highest quality in cosmetic surgery skill, Dr. Kinney will continue to be lauded as one of the best there is, plain and simple. And that, therefore, falsehoods such as the ones on this site will not succeed in causing the damage intended. I had to write a response, as it so angered me that someone would try to harm a doctor who's done so well by me, and by so many others (for example, my friend who's currently gracing Oxygen Magazine's "Abs Special 2012" issue).

SHAME on Ms., who lied in a weak attempt to do damage; her efforts will fail.

And to all of you who want a body and face like mine...just call Dr. Kinney (okay, eat right and exercise also; Dr. Kinney is good but not a magician!). His work has made me a happy woman for almost 10 years now, and I trust nobody but him to keep me looking my best.