Dr Angelo Tsirbas / Avoid at all costs. Unprofessional and disorganized office

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Had a procedure booked in months in advance with this doctor. I organised travel plans around the surgery date and told Milena (the receptionist) and Dr Tsirbas that many times, so it was important to keep this date. At the pre-op appointment and days before the surgery Dr Tsirbas demanded I have an assessment done for body dysmorphic disorder. He did this immediately after I mentioned that I was "unfit and fat" because I had walked to his office and was winded, and he commented on this (I am overweight according to my BMI). I was so upset that he would ask me to do this last minute. They told me the surgery date would be held so that I could get the assessment done, so I spent two days ringing around trying to organize the assessment last minute and finally did, which costed $200. I was approved for the procedure and the assessment was called and emailed in with plenty of notice. Well she never got back to me. I tried to call and noone picked up the phone. It is now afterhours on Thursday. Are you kidding me? What if someone has taken time off work?! I can't believe the way I have been treated by this office. I am so shocked and disgusted at the lack of professionalism and disregard for people's time.

Update: Time has passed and I have not even received an apology from the doctor or staff for the huge inconvenience they caused me. It seems they took offense that I emailed them and told them exactly what I thought of their behaviour. Avoid at all costs!"

Mi