Double Tree Hotel / Refuse to cancel reservation and refund even though it was 48 hours in advance

One of the dumbest rules I have ever run into happened this week with Hilton Hotels.. One of my staff made a reservation on line, paid in advance. My plans changed and I called to cancel the reservation almost 48 hours in advance of my stay.

Because I paid in advance and recieved a discounted room rate they do not allow cancellation or refund..

Okay I paid for the room already in advance, they have my money, they won't cancel, issue a credit for another night or anything to compromise.

This sort of service for a person who is a Gold Elite status with them. The CS person on the other end of the line basically said you should read your terms, why are you asking for consideration, why are we talking about this.

Also, she offered another solution, I can let someone else stay in my place. Is Charles Manson available?

No wonder people hate big business. This isn't Wall Street, these guys aren;t to big to fail. I can only pray.

I'm a Marriott guy again.

So

More Double Tree Hotel Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sh
      13th of Aug, 2009
    Double Tree Hotel - General
    DoubleTree Hotel
    Arlington
    Virginia

My husband and I recently stayed at a DoubleTree Hotel in Arlington Virginia on business(August 11 & 12, 2009). We were quoted a rate of $169/night for two double beds. When we arrived we wanted to connect to the internet and were told it would cost an additional $20/day/connection. This meant that if we had wanted to connect via the 3 laptops we had with us it would have cost us an additional $60/day on top of the regular room rate. Parking was an additional and whopping $21/day. We had just moved from another hotel in Washington (Carlyle Suites) where we had spent a few days sightseeing with our children. The Carlyle Suites hotel cost approximately $100/night - had been recently renovated, had 2 double beds, sofa, flat screen TV and kitchen with 2 stove burners, microwave, fridge and coffee maker as well as free wireless access.

I suggest Doubletree hotel needs to get with the times and realize that their clientele doesn't appreciate being nickled and dimed to death. A $169 rate/night for a hotel that caters to business travellers should at least include in-room, free wireless internet access.

Sharleen Schell

• Dl
      14th of Aug, 2009

They can charge whatever the want. If you do not like it then please stay at the other hotel you described..

• Mk
      17th of Aug, 2009

I dont think that $169 is way out of line for the area. We put my inlaws up at the same DoubleTree in Arlington last last year and I think we paid $135 a night. My husband is a negotiator with hotels though. He never fails to get at least $20 off of a room.

I agree about the wireless connection totally. $20/day is outrageous. Its like charging for soap.

• Re
      14th of Mar, 2010

When the room was booked you agreed to the terms and conditions. What gives you the right to say Doubletree has dumb rules when you agreed and booked the reservation? Now that their rate rules are inconvenient for you, you go online to complain?

Guess what, Marriott has the same advance purchase program too. Good luck champ!