Dotlessdomain / Webmenu / fasttalking SCAM before I could think it over?

33 Bermuda DownsSaint Helena Island, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 843-838-9828

They tried to sell me "KeyWords" that will increase my business on my website with a new "WebBar" but kept on switching me to different operators as I said that I wanted a "TRIAL PERIOD" as I didn't have that kind of MONEY but before I knew it I gave them my AMEX card as they will back you up in case of a SCAM & before you know it a TECH guy comes on trying to bring up the "SPLIT SCREEN" that you need but couldn't FINISH it as my SECURITY protection was blocking it & he hug up !!!
When I printed the order I noticed NO PHONE NUMBER as I was going to call them back that Thurs. afternoon 11/13 because as soopn as I tried to send an email my KEYBOARD was all JUMBLED up and I couldn't PRINT anything or get into my WEBSITES as THEY must have FRIED my COMPUTER plus they charged me $2985.00 in FULL for 3 KEY WORDS/6 MONTHS whereas I asked for a TRIAL PERIOD ??? A supervisor called me on Monday 11/17 so I went from Thursday - Monday without any computer ???
He was NASTY and said YOU GAVE AN ORDER as I REPLIED that they didn't GIVE ME A CHANCE to THINK or answer my plea for a TRIAL PERIOD as they kept on SWITCHING me around to different agents so NOW THEY OWE ME FOR A COMPUTER IF THEIR TECH GUY doesn't FIX IT and he had the NERVE TO SAY that they WON'T FIX IT IF I REPORT THIS TO AMERICAN EXPTRESS ???
SO I'M STUCK or SCAMMED for $2985.00 PLUS REPAIR service on my COMPUTER or I might need a NEW ONE - $500 so AMEX was NOTIFIED and they're helping me & I REPORTED it to the BBB of Southern NEVEDA as "THEY DIDN'T BELONG to IT" - I WONDER WHY but they had MANY problems with OTHER CUSTOMERS as this mgr said that I was the ONLY ONE who has given him any TROUBLE in 13 YEARS in BUSINESS !!!
I'VE been SCAMMED before but THIS is the WORST WAY of DOING BUSINESS that I've EVER SEEN ???

Comments

Da
  27th of Nov, 2008
Yep, sounds like them! They called me out of the blue trying to tell me I need to get their service or my business will never succeed. They didn't realize they were calling an experienced webmaster, but they knew after I shut down all their claims of fame and fortune with real statistics. I did some research on their own domain name and I must say their optimization is PATHETIC.

After a few follow up calls from three different McDonald's ex-employees at DotlessDomain.com, I had enough and told them to use their own service and try to scam someone else. This company is going down fast, they pay affiliates a certain amount of money per install of their useless web bar, which means those installs usually have adware and spyware along with it.

STAY AWAY.

Daniel
Ha
  9th of Dec, 2008
Yes this happened to me and normally I'm pretty quick about scams! I have American Express so hopefully I'll get my money back - they were very reassuring.

However, I don't just want to get my money back, I want to shut them down. I'm going to pursue it because these people are hurting too many people. They protect themselves by saying they don't guarantee that you'll get hits on your site, only that people will see your website above their browser. So there's no way you can come back at them and prove they are scamming you.

Does anyone have an idea about how to prove this is a scam?