Dotless Domain / Scam

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

The following paragraphs are very similar to a complaint I filed with [redacted].com. I am delighted to find another place to post my negative experience with Dotless Domain. Is there any way we can shut down this business??

On [redacted].com, a previous complaint really caught my attention with their first paragraph: "Dotless Domain is a scary company. Stay away. They have a very slick presentation, and a high pressure close. They are smooth. After further review I realized I made a terrible mistake and tried to cancell with them."

Yes, they have a very slick presentation, and a high pressure close!! I was really overwhelmed by the seemingly miraculous benefits I would receive by subscribing to their $2, 985. "special"' program (should have been $6, 000). I should have suspected it was a scam when they said I had to pay by check--and FedEx would pick up the check, at Dotless Domain expense. I should have suspected... when "Jason" could not install the program on my computer. My computer security system immediately blocked the program and said it was a '"Trojan Horse."

My saleslady was "Kelly." She sounded like an older woman, and she was so personable. She called about 7 PM, Jan. 13, 2009; I seldom receive phone calls; I don't know how she got my cell phone number. She provided an "awesome" demonstration!! (I underlined awesome in my notes, with an exclamation mark.) She demonstrated how the key words I chose would be picked up by Google and Yahoo search engines. It was remarkable how effortlessly Kelly revealed the benefits I would experience using Dotless Domain. I was seeing it--in real time--on my own computer!! When I agreed... she transferred me to "Jason" and (as previously mentioned) he attempted to install software on my computer. Yes, over the Internet, Jason had control of my computer (as Kelly, moments earlier, had control of my computer).

As the days went by, I would Google search my key words but my web site did not come up. On Jan. 23rd, "Alec" (a woman) called to walk me through final set up--although she said I had been "up and running" since Jan. 13th. I had not received the promised DVD in the mail, and neither she, nor "Kurt" could take me to the Dashboard where I could monitor my "hits." I asked to talk to Alec's supervisor; she said she was the supervisor. I asked to talk to her supervisor and she said she would transfer. I waited, and waited, but I think she just put me on hold. During the conversation I asked for my money back and was told "'no refund." She explained (as I understood it) that my customers would come from a sister-company called Web Menu (http://www.WebMenu.com) .

I contacted a lawyer, and submitted my paperwork. To date, Dotless Domain has responded twice to my lawyer--and refused to refund my money. To date (3/24/09) I have had absolutely no benefits from the service they demonstrated to me. Alec told me of the hundreds of "hits" to my site (according to their figures). My answer: "Why haven't they shown up on my Stat Counter? Why haven't the potential customers signed into my web site?"

I have sent two e-mail complaints to the Las Vegas Better Business Bureau. I received this reply "We are unable to process your complaint because it deals with issues outside of Bureau activity." I was referred to Nevada State Consumer Affairs.

I'm 74 years old. I've attempted to build a home-based business to supplement my UIB and Social Security. I've been unemployed for a little over a year and desperately hoped to develop income via the Internet. Most assuredly I did not, and do not, have $3, 000. to "throw away." I borrowed the money from my credit card, to write the check!! It may take a year to pay off that solitary debit on my credit card!!

I repeat the lament of the earlier complainant on [redacted]:"'After further review I realized I made a terrible mistake...'"

Lorraine
Shelby, North Carolina

More Dotless Domain Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Tr
      29th of Oct, 2009

Webmenu.com is a RIP OFF! Avoid it like the plague.

Issued By : Dotless Domain
    Email Contact : Click to email
    Phone : (866) 944-8801
    Fax : (702) 310-8800
    Address : 1350 E. Flamingo Rd.
    : Suite 505
    City/Town : Las Vegas
    State/Province : Nevada
    Zip : 89119
    Country : United States
    Categories : Internet
    Tags : dotless domain, dotlessdomain com, dotless domain technology
    Last Updated : Nov 09, 2008
    Shortcut : http://prlog.org/10138702

PRLog (Press Release) – Nov 09, 2008 – Dotless Domain (www.dotlessdomain.com) announced today that it has joined forces with Web Menu, Inc. (www.webmenu.com) to renew interest in an online customer service platform that provides online consumers a fast and cost free method of speak directly with representatives of businesses who utilize selected advertising networks.

The "Click-2-Call" program is designed to be a win-win situation for both the advertiser and the consumer. Business clients will be able to measure the effects of their advertising budget via incoming calls generated by marketing campaigns utilizing the "Click-2-Call" platform. The benefit to the consumer is that the communication platform between the consumer and the business will be provided free of charge to the consumer and will keep the consumers' personal contact information private and anonymous.

While many online transactions are self-service, reality dictates that self-service cannot be achieved every time. This is particularly true when online consumers are completing complex purchasing decisions or high-value transactions. For these transactions, the power of a human voice is of great assistance in completing the process. The programs utilizing "Click-2-Call" technology will shorten the virtual distance between businesses and their customers, improving the customer experience. For more information regarding "Click-2-Call" feel free to contact representatives at Dotless Domain.

Other companies that are currently testing similar "Click-2-Call" technologies include competitor search engines Google and Yahoo!, as well as social websites including Ccube and MySpace.

About Dotless Domain

DotlessDomain.com is the marketing company primarily responsible for the promotion and distribution of WebMenu and the WebMenu Toolbar The company is constantly striving to set a higher standard of operation for the Search Engine Marketing industry as a whole. DotlessDomain is distinguished by the extensive experience of its personnel in areas of promoting and marketing businesses on the internet.

For additional information on DotlessDomain.com, how to best market your business on the internet or internet marketing in general, visit our website at www.DotlessDomain.com. You may also contact a representative of the firm Toll Free at (866) 944-8801 or at (702) 310-8801.

About WebMenu, Inc.

WebMenu, Inc. (www.webmenu.com) is a premier search engine and media company located in Studio City, California. WebMenu's primary goal is to deliver totally relevant search results from across the Web as quickly and conveniently as possible. WebMenu's Cluster Search Technology is a search revolution powered by proprietary technology created and developed by WebMenu.

# # #

About Dotless Domain - DotlessDomain.com is constantly striving to set a higher standard of operation for the Search Engine Marketing industry. Dotless Domain is distinguished by the extensive experience of its personnel in areas of marketing businesses on the internet.

Domain Name: webmenu.com

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com

remote2.easydns.com
    See webmenu.com DNS Records

Information Updated: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:22:11 UTC

29th of Oct, 2009

NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC., Las Vegas, Nevada and WebMenu.com are SCAMMERS, BOYCOTT THIS COMPANY

29th of Oct, 2009

Notice Webmenu.com is a rip off~

Issued By

: United States
    Categories
    : Internet
    Tags
    : dotless domain, dotlessdomain com, dotless domain technology
    Last Updated
    : Nov 09, 2008
    Shortcut
    : http://prlog.org/10138702

Star Position/Webmenu Redux - Search Engine Optimization Forum ...
    The operation is a scam... well the [redacted] is certainly a credible source. ...
    www.seorefugee.com/forums/.../9478-star-position-webmenu-redux.html because they guarantee "hits" as opposed to "unique visitors" and my
    Solutions For The Net Scam
    Their webmenu search bar did not work. I typed my "key words" businesses from ... I later looked up dotless domain on rip-off and saw what a scam ...
    hubpages.com/hub/Solutions-For-The-Net-Scam
    www.flyertalk.com/forum/archive/t-795691.html
    Complaints Board | Unsolicited Phone Calls
    Jul 18, 2009 ... Fift Third Bank is a rip off! 3. (2 mins ago) ... Web traffic scam. Complaint Rating: 83 % with 6 votes ... brower toolbar called webmenu that when you purchase select keywords, that your web page will show on top a. ...

Company information:
    Dotless Domain
    Las Vegas, Nevada

Lorraine
    Shelby, North Carolina

• To
      6th of Mar, 2010

For $2100 I was promised a minimum of 10, 000 clickthroughs on my key words. I recently checked the numbers of click throughs, and indeed, they are on target to reaching their goal, however, out of the thousand hits, almost all of the hits are from the same IP's, even though they are hitting on two totally different key words, e.g., "seminar source" and "atriskkids."

Less than an hour after agreeing to this service, I tried to get out of it and was threatened by Tim James as follows:
    Gail,
    This is an email informing you that due to the delinquency of your account we will be forced to forward your account to collections where you will be liable for the contract amount of $2190.00 plus any and all collection costs per your contract. The collection process can and will affect your personal and business credit. This email also contains a copy of your contract that clearly states our no cancellation no refund policy. This is our one attempt at resolution by law and will be our last, Please contact us for a resolution, you have 24hrs from the time of receipt of this email to set up an alternative arrangement.

Fed-Ex Information
    Account # 352289060
    Address: 3790 Paradise Rd.
    Las Vegas NV 89169