dotcommags / paid,but never received mags?

Phone: 704 640 2221
I paid using my debit card for a year subscription to readers digest, but I received only an application to subscribe to that magazine. (which was going to cost about $10.00) How do I get my money back?

A  27th of Jul, 2009 by
dotcommags charged my credit card for a subscription almost 2 months ago, but I haven't heard anything - the magazine has never even heard of me - dotcommags customer service has a definite attitude problem - will never order through them again.
N  4th of Sep, 2009 by
Well, to start off...you should contact them (dotcommags) and let them know that you want your money back! BTW did you ever receive your magazines? Third party orders take 8-12 weeks you know!!?
N  2nd of Dec, 2009 by

I am the owner of DotComMags. If you are having issues with your order(s) that has not been addressed to your satisfaction, please email me directly and I will resolve your issue immediately. We want everyone of our customers to be satisfied. I am not sure why you feel that one of our customer service representatives had an attitude, but if you will provide me with their name, and the email you received that had "attitude" in it, I will handle it at once. That is NOT the way we run our business and you should not have been treated that way. To email me directly, please email admin@dotcommags. Thank you and I look forward to resolving your issues for you!
N  16th of Apr, 2010 by
Wow! Let me tell you 'owner of dotcommags -- you need to look into your customer service dept --- I have been sending emails to you for the last 3 weeks and have had absolutely no response whatsoever...not a word. Plus I have tried calling the phone number listed at your site and I get a recording stating the mailbox is full. When I first began placing orders with you a couple years back, your service was excellent, however, it's fallen back over the last several months. In December I placed 3 orders, 2 were renewals and the other was a new order. The 2 renewals have expired and I still haven't received the new magazine order -- all have been way past your guarantee of 15-16 weeks -- I placed my renewal orders way in advance -- both those orders have expired with the magazine - I've reached them online and they have no order from you. I'm very surprised you can say you have good customer service -- this is just not so. I'm going to take you up on emailing you at 'admin@dotcommags. ~ we'll see if that works. Otherwise, I must say --- dotcommags is a low rated company in my book.
A  3rd of May, 2010 by
I ordered a years subscription and I received 2 magazines but I have not received any more almost 2 months
The website is gone I just sent an email so let's see if I receive a reply
N  6th of May, 2010 by
My email came back so I guess they are outta business
A  9th of May, 2010 by
This company has also ripped me off. Their website is no longer functional and the phone won't take calls. I called PayPal for assistance but they can't help because the 45 day timeline has expired. This is absolutely ridiculous because the company informed us that it could take up to 12 weeks to receive a magazine, so how could we meet a 45 day deadline for complaints. I love the way people think they can just take your HARD EARNED MONEY!!
A  9th of May, 2010 by
Same happened to me, ordered a mag in January, nothing. Where is the justice? I just lost 50 dollars to a company that will not email/call me back.
A  12th of May, 2010 by
I ordered in February, no magazines and saw the site is no longer working. Phone is no longer working. I also paid through Paypal and know the window to dispute is long past, but i purposely used my american express card to fund the payment and they said they will dispute the charge and suspend the amount. Good thing i safe guarded myself, but never again will i order with this company and will continue to be wary of any 3rd party vendors. Direct or nothing I guess...
A  19th of May, 2010 by
Yep, total rip-off. Never got my subscription, and their site doesn't exist anymore.
I'm going to see if I can find out who owned the company and report them for fraud, sounds like grounds for a class-action lawsuit to me.
A  19th of May, 2010 by
I did a records search for dotcommags.com, and found out who owns the site. Here's the info, along with email address and phone number. I'm sure he'd love to hear from everyone he's ripped off!

Domain Name... dotcommags.com
Creation Date... 2008-08-17
Registration Date... 2008-08-17
Expiry Date... 2010-08-17
Organisation Name... Christopher Morgan
Organisation Address. 17 Princeton Ave.
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Adairsville
Organisation Address. 30103
Organisation Address. GA
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name... Christopher Morgan
Admin Address... 17 Princeton Ave.
Admin Address...
Admin Email...
Admin Phone... +678.4512933
Admin Fax...

Tech Name... YahooDomains TechContact
Tech Address... 701 First Ave.
Tech Address...
Tech Phone... +1.4089162124
Tech Fax...
Name Server... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server... yns2.yahoo.comThumbnail:
This view loads fast, helps you focus on key metrics and quickly access exclusive DomainTools services.
N  19th of May, 2010 by
I just did another records search, and found that Christopher Morgan owns at least 119 other domains besides dotcommags.com
I wonder how many more of them are scams?
I'll bet the feds will love this one...
D  20th of May, 2010 by
I also placed an order that I never received. All emails come back as undeliverable. I tried calling 678-451-2933, but it just goes to a voicemail with some guy that says he's unavailable...no name though. I will likely try that again and hope that I get someone to complain too. Can any action be taken against these punks??
N  20th of May, 2010 by
You can report internet crime and submit a complaint at http://complaint.ic3.gov
A  25th of May, 2010 by
I ordered a four year subscription for my elderly mom for Readers Digest large print magazines in late December 2009. I was fooled into not complaining based on their statement that it takes 8-12 weeks to process. Now they seem to have disappeared from the face of the earth, and I don't know where to turn. Paypal was no help. I hope they catch and prosecute Christopher Morgan of Adairsville, GA who is the apparent brains behind this scam.
N  27th of May, 2010 by

These guys can pull company records and if they find any evidence of fraud, they will build a case and attain refunds for customers!
Submit NOW!

Company: DotComMags
Owner: Christopher Morgan
Address: 17 Princeton Ave.
Adairsville, GA 30103
Phone: 678-451-2933
A  31st of May, 2010 by
Well count me in as another one having been scammed by this thief. I ordered a subscription to Readers Digest large print edition for my elderly mother. Of course she has yet to receive it. I have tried to contact the company to no avail. As others have stated, Paypal is useless as far as getting my money back due to the 45 day dispute period having expired. HOWEVER, DotComMags states that it can take longer than that period for delivery. How infuriating. I wish paypal would step up but of course they won't. I plan to pursue the avenues suggested by others. I will contact the FTC as well as the internet crime link provided. STEER CLEAR OF THIS SHAM OF A COMPANY IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY BEEN A VICTIM!!!
A  2nd of Jun, 2010 by
I am just another one of many who was scammed. I believe we have the rights to file a class action lawsuit. I, too, am calling my bank which is connected to the credit card I used and am fighting the charges. They are pretty good with things like this. I'll also be contacted the above mentioned links but I still feel this person/company knowingly took our money with the knowledge that they wouldn't be able to produce any subscriptions. That is fraud.
A  3rd of Jun, 2010 by
I also lost $40 on these guys... And I paid my credit card with the charge off like 3 months ago, so it's too late.

Now the FTC website is malfunctioning... I spent 20 minutes entering the complaint and then got a, "we cannot process your complaint at this time."

I guess I will just chalk this up to life experience and order directly from magazine publishers in the future.
N  8th of Jun, 2010 by
I also ordered from them. The FTC website is now working again. I issued a complaint today. Thanks to those who found all the details about Chris Morgan and address. You need that information.