Dormanex Sr / fraudulant charges

FL, United States Review updated:
This company displays an ad on the web that they will give you a sleep aid that will help you if you just pay for shipping. This I did and was stupid enough to use my credit card. Now I have received a box of dormanex and a bill inside for 159.35 which was charged to my credit card without my authorization. When i called them and left my name and number because no one was available to answer my call, they told me that I could send it back and get a partial refund. I said " what a partial refund for something I never ordered?" I was told that if I had read the fine print in the intial trial package I would have called and canceled earlier and never been charged. When I tried to reach them by email I was given an automatic reply. I have sent my complaint to the BBB of Miami where this company is based.
Lesson learned. Never order any free offer on the internet!!!

Comments

Da
  29th of Dec, 2008
When you sign up for the free trial you have to agree to the terms and conditions which specifies that you are signing up for a subscription; we also include a reminder notice with the free trial kit. If you cancel within the 14 day trial you are not charged or shipped anything. You simply need to return your shipment to receive a refund.

Dave Griswold
CRM Director
Dormanex
Ma
  20th of Jan, 2009
I totally understand what you have been through! I contacted the Better Business Bureau of Miami, Florida and reported this company. The BBB assured me that they would follow up which they did, but the Dormanex people still charged my credit card a whopping 159.35 for nothing!! I mailed the package back that I did not authorize to come in the first place and told them I would notify my lawyer, which is my every intention. They are going to have a mother of a class action suit on them. Cancel your credit card and do not allow this to continue. The strange thing is that this company after I filed with the BBB of Miami Fla. where they are based called me and promised me a full refund. They have not done this. This is a scam and I pray to God no one else wil have to go through this. Yet, I know the scamming will continue until BBB and other organizations do something it will continue. Please contact them for yourself. The more complaints the better.

Sorry this happened to you too.

Mary P