Doris Adams / Scam

1 5324 Poplar Springs RoadRinggold, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 423-240-3848

My mom was notified by a Mr. Freeman with with Chevron Texaco that she had won some money and that a Mr. Young with Royal Platitum Bank PLC was holding the money. She has sent several thousand dollars to them and yet to receive her money. they keep coming back for more and more and she is a older lady and has borrowed all kinds of money to pay them. I didn't know about this but I have since put a stop to it. I have notified both parties involved that there will be no more money sent. What else can we do?

Comments

24th of Jul, 2009

If she sent the money by MONEY GRAM, it's GONE forever, if she paid with a credit card, you MAY have a chance to get it back. check into it for her.

I think someone needs to take her money AWAY from her!
    If she is THAT easily persuaded, she should NOT be handling money.

• Up
      24th of Jul, 2009

YOU'VE BEEN SCAMMED!!!

You don't get something for nothing!

Always check with law enforcement authorities before proceeding on anything like this! You may have luck with the FBI or the state attorney general's consumer protection division but I'm afraid she's fallen for one of the oldest bait and switch scams in the playbook

It's called the Nigerian Scam. NEVER NEVER NEVER send money to these kinds of people. You're lucky they didn't drain her bank account! I'd have the financial institution put a fraud watch on her account. People that prey on unsuspecting elderly need to go to a special place in HELL.