Donnelly Ford / Keeping deposit

1 Bank StreetOttawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 613-260-6087

Be very careful how you deal with this dealership: they can't be trusted to honor their own agreement. I purchased a Ford 150 truck and on the purchase agreement it clearly stated that the purchase was subject to my getting financing. I had placed a deposit on the vehicle at the time I signed the agreement. It took several weeks but unfortunately I discovered I couldn't borrow the amount needed. When I returned to the dealership to get my deposit back the General Manager refused to give me a refund saying that they had kept the vehicle too long.

I am a senior on a fixed income and to rip someone off like this is disgusting. It seems my only option is to take them to court. But at least anyone reading this is forewarned. They just can't be trusted.

Wi

Comments

• Mo
      21st of Jul, 2008

While my Focus was still under warranty, I was lucky to have found all the defects that were covered ... or so I thought. About 15months after warranty, the front coils snapped and I called Donnelly Ford. I was told that it 'technically wasn't a recall, but that it was covered if it broke within a set mileage / time frame'. This is a KNOWN defect and yet they are willing to risk their clients' lives to save a few $$.

As well it took THREE WEEKS and several trips for me to get a $7 touch up paint pen!! Eventually I told them not to bother and surprise...that day it was dropped off in my mailbox! Hmmmmm...I wonder why!

I refuse to deal with them unless I have no choice. I even took my complaints directly to Mr. Donnelly (may he rest in peace) and only then did things seem to get better...but I think that was even for show.

My list of complaints is far too long to note hear ... but I will say this: Even though I love Ford products, if this family ended up being my only choice of dealerships in the area, I would rather walk!!

Buyer beware when it comes to this dealership family!

• Su
      20th of Aug, 2008

Dear sir,

Sub:- (poor service of your showroom (capital ford bhubaneswar, orissa, india))
    I write to state that I have a ford(icon) vide- registrastion no OR09D-0001 faced one accident on dated 20.04.08.I submitted my vechile and other docs at
    (Capital ford) showroom bhubaneswar orissa for repairing on dated 22.04.08
    For last four months(22.04.08 to 20.08.08).i am not getting any information about my car and capital ford haven’t explained anything about my car repairment.Presently my father had one heart operation at bhubaneswar.I hired one car for this medical reason.
    So kindly return my car to me with all adjusting all claims with I.C.I.C.I Lombard (as your cash less agreement with icici Lombard)and mail me on
    (rohit_jagrat@yahoo.co.in)
    If this will not happen then I will take legal action at
    i)consumer court case orissa
    ii)orissa High court
    iii) Jajpur Road session court
    This is my strong reminder to all of you.
    I am mentally & physically harassed form your show room since last four months.i am repenting why I have bought a ford car due to your service.

thankyou