Donnaplay / Membership

1 Online, United States Review updated:

On June 23, 2015, I signed up for a free Donnaplay account. It immediately tried to force me to upgrade to a premium account so I left their site. The next day I got an email from them confirming my free account with zero billed to my credit card. I tried to cancel my membership but then was told I would need to PAY for an express cancellation. I wrote them an email demanding the cancellation and that nothing would be billed to my credit card. I got a return email stating my account had already been cancelled. If there is a charge to my credit card, there will be war!

Ho
Jun 24, 2015

Comments

• -1 Votes

Hello Homeimps,

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by our sign-up process. You should not be charged anything for having canceled your account. The express cancellation is not mandatory, so if you didn’t select it, you won’t be charged the $0.99 fee we ask of customers who request that their cancellation attempts be pushed to the front of the queue. If you have any problems following your cancellation, email us at: mediarelations@donnaplay.com.

We’re sorry you chose to leave, but hope that you’ll check back from time to time to see if our service has improved. Remember, you can still access some free content on our site even after you’ve canceled your account.

Thank you for your interest! We hope you’ll come back soon. :)

17th of Aug, 2015

My finger accidentally touched the phone screen and i was signed up for premium account. I didn't know until i received an email and wish to cancel both this AND the free trial version. I have not been on your site and won't be and i refuse to pay ANYTHING as i am calling to cancel!

• Je
      20th of Aug, 2015

This app/web site is a total scam! I signed up for the '5 day free trial' and on the 1st day, there we're charges already on my card, and EVERYDAY after. I cancelled within the 5 days, and it was pure he'll trying to get refunded the $ I was charged for a "free trial". Donnaplsy had charged me a total of $44.00, and would only agree to refund $37.00! I was so frusterated after spending an hour on the phone, that I fianally just agreed. So, the next day, I che ked my card acct to see if the credit had been processed, and I was completely disturbed to see that they had not only not refunded my $, but there was another $36.00 charge on my card! Which resulted in my card going into overdraft, which will now cost me an additional $30.00! The customer service reps on the phone we're so rude, and I am dreading even speaking to them again. I will most definitely be contacting the 'Better Business Bureau' . This has been a complete nightmare! And over a app that wasn't even worth 5 free days!!

Hello Reviewer81201,
    Thank you for contacting us!
    You can send us message on https://www.facebook.com/donnaplaycom or email us on mediarelations@donnaplay.com and we will certainly help you.

Hello Reviewer81201,
    Thank you for contacting us!
    You can send us message on facebook.com/donnaplaycom or email us on mediarelations@donnaplay.com and we will certainly help you.

10th of Sep, 2015

Donnaplay has been taking a payment each month from my credit card without authorization. I now have to cancel my existing card in order to avoid further unauthorized transactions.

• +1 Votes

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Your feedback goes towards helping improve our service and customer support.

We wish to resolve any issues you may have with our service. We have a dedicated facebook page to accommodate our clients and respond in the quickest possible time.

You can reach us on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/donnaplaycom

Regards
    DonnaPlay

• Pa
      17th of Sep, 2015

I wanted to see a movie and i wanted to try the five day trial but i become a memebership without autorization and was billed of 39E ! I want you to cancel my account and forget my number card or i'll make a complain !

• Jt
      1st of Nov, 2015

donnaplay is a total scam, I want to be removed completely from their website altogether but there is no link to do that.

• Br
      18th of Nov, 2015

I want out they are complete scam artists as I've scanned their page and there is no cancel membership thing and when I google it it comes up but when I click it it redirects me to their stupid looking home page it didn't even work to let me watch the tv show I wanted ###*****

23rd of Nov, 2015

Hello I tried to cancel my free membership, but then I was charged 0, 99 USD.. How can that be? And did you register it, so I don't get the premium membership? I don't want to have any membership at all... Regards Marie Hammershøy

29th of Nov, 2015

These people offer free membership for online streaming but in fact give you nothing free. Everything they offer costs money and when I cancelled my account I had to pay for this privilege also. Dave Quarrie Kelso Scotland dave_quarrie@hotmail.com +447449604893

• +1 Votes

Dear Reviewer48893,

Thank you for contacting us. Our free membership is free( you will not be charged for any membership on this account). It will only be changed if you decide to purchase anything on the website. There is only a charge for cancellation if you choose our express cancellation service online, which would push you to the top of the line for cancellation; however we also offer free cancellation via phone or email.

I'll send a private message for your Donnaplay account details for me to see why exactly you were charged and rectify the matter for you.

Dear Reviewer12091,

If you are receiving that charge, it would mean you cancelled your Donnaplay.com account via our express cancellation service to push your request to the top.

I'll send a private message to further discuss and rectify the matter for you.

Hello Brookles1,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with Donnaplay.com. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns.

I do apologize for you not being able to find how to cancel your membership with us. If you were unable to find the express cancellation prompt, you may have also called our customer support center or sent us an email and one of our agents would have gladly cancelled the membership for you. As you were not successful with the cancellation, I'll send a private message for your Donnaplay account details to rectify the matter for you.

• We
      10th of Dec, 2015

They literally charged me over $3000 on a single charge and I was supposed to be under a "free trial".

I just made the goddamn account not minutes before they charged me that. I'm going to call my bank up tomorrow, issue a chargeback, then contact the BBB and my lawyer. This website is nothing but a scam, and I will have them taken down.

Dear we r me go boom,

Dear Pandarou,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I'd be happy to resolve any issues you may be experiencing. I apologize sincerely as you stated you received a charge on your account. I'll send a private message for your Donnaplay account details to rectify the matter for you.

• Pe
      14th of Dec, 2015

I have emailed the support email listed on the site and received no reply
    I have tried to get on to the complaints page of your site, but "the website is too busy to display this page"
    My 14 year old entered his debit card details thinking he was having a free trial then cancelled.
    His bank statement is a 3 monthly statement and arrived with 4 debits of £11.95, which is about half of his monthly allowance.
    I hesitate to use the word scam as I have had no response from the site yet, but I am disturbed that they are able to take money from minors.
    His Donnaplay id is Xamwell. I have also copied my email to the mediarelations email listed on this page.
    I will update this this complaint dependant on the response I receive.
    Martin

Dear Pebkau,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We did see the email and responded to you asking for account information to resolve the issue for you.

Regards