Done Rite Van Lines / Beware - they stole my staff!

Done Rite Van Lines... 3035 Rockwell, Chicago,Ill. In Jan 2006 I called Done Rite and talked to Emily. I explained my move to her, giving all detailed information on how many rooms of furniture. I told her that I used a large trailer truck when moving into my house. She said their trucks are larger than the smaller ones, and that I should be fine. She gave me a quote of $700.00, with a crew of of 4 men. This now begins the move from "Hell'. The movers put half of the furniture on the truck, then called in to the office that they would be would needing a second truck. I get a call back from Emily that this move was going to take a lot longer than they anticipated. Also, with their packing and boxes there would be an additional charge of $500.00 plus additional $159.00 truck fee. I explained that I had a cashiers check for the $700.00. Emily said that this is now out of her hands. She would let me talk to Ory. Ory said that they could take my things off of the truck and I could just pay $600.00. I explained, that I needed to get moved out of this house, today! He told me that I would have to pay a total of $2,700.00 to complete this move. At this time I received a call about moving to my new location. The closing was cancelled. I am now at the mercy of Don Rite Storage. I stored my furniture there for three months at a rate of $475.00 per month. I called Emily to deliver the furniture for the last week of April. She said ok, but called back to deliver may 2nd 2007. I mention to her that may 2nd is the start of a new month for storage fees. She said because they could not deliver that day, I would only be responsible for delivering the furniture. A rate of 8 hours, 4 man crew, at $1,166.00. The truck should arrive between 9-10am. They came at 11:45am. They emptied the truck leaving half of the furniture. The driver came to me saying that he is going into overtime and that he would need an additional $300.00. I called Emily to tell her that I only had a cashiers check for the $1,166.00. She said I could go borrow another $300.00 or they could take the rest of the furniture back to storage and bring it back when I get the rest of the money. I continued to talk to the driver, he said that they would take everything off of the truck for $1,166.00. My new house has white carpet, freshly painted. I caught one of the men with a ink pen writing on the wall. They put black hand prints and finger prints on the walls through out. I put plastic on the white carpet and requested that they use their blankets also. They had black shoe prints through out the house. When they brought their blankets for the carpet, they were full of rat drippings thrown around the house inside out. They got upset because I complained, and they urinated on my new mattress, and took the leg on my dining room chair and snapped it off down to the seat. They finally told me they were finished, that I could check the truck. I saw more boxes on the truck, I said looks like you still have more. The driver told me those are empty boxes, then they left. I started to go through the boxes and check out what they had delivered. Then realized that they kept my Bose 5 speaker surround system and pedestals, Sony 30 disk cd player and speakers, brand new china, brand new stainless pots and pans, clothes and leather suits and jackets. wall to wall mirror, dining room table leafs, Louie Vitton garmet bag, duffle bag, travel bag, purce, I am still taking inventory from the move from "HELL". Done Rite moving and storage.

Ms

Comments

Jo
  19th of May, 2008

I read your comment and I can't beleive that I moved with the same company.

This is the third time that I moved with Done Rite Van Lines. These guys were great. On time, nothing broke, they took care of everything, wrapped all the sofas and beds, and moved efficiently (not one of those situations where they move slower because they get paid hourly).

I also called around to several other companies and they were the lowest cost too - and the price quoted is ALWAYS higher than what they actually charge you, so it was the lowest by far from the competitors.

Definitely recommend these guys.