Don Hewlett At Georgetown / Very poor Customer Service!

1 7601 South IH 35Georgetown, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 5129305881

Hello,
I am Ms. Manali. I drive a 2000 Chevy Cavalier Convertible. I had an issue with my car not being able to start in mid April. I took the car to "Don Hewlett" located in Georgetown. I got a good service and was charged $423 as I replaced the alternator with a non-GM alternator. I was told that there is a 12 month warranty.

Yesterday (06/02/08), the battery light starting coming ON in the car. Thus I took the car to Autozone and saw that the alternator is not providing the required voltage and current to the battery. I took the car to Don Hewlett again this morning. They checked the car and said that the alternator was bad and needs to be replaced again and that I had to pay the labor charge. I did not expect this coming only after a month I had done the service. I spoke with the Manager and got the labor charge waived off. I had to almost fight to explain my point that no one told me the warranty does not cover labor charge for a non GM part. When I went to collect the car, I was informed that the part was replaced by a re-manufactured part and when I asked to see the voltage and current ratings after the repair, I was refused.

Infact I was also told that the part might go bad again and that I will have to pay labor charge next time onwards. I really did not expect such a poor service and I am really frustrated over the entire scenario!!
I just wanted to share my poor experience with one of your dealers.

Thanks!
Best wishes
Manali

Ma

Comments

• Mi
      19th of Aug, 2008

Let me get this right. You take a 8 year old car in to a dealership, out of warranty, where I assume you did not buy the car, for service. The refurb Part breaks or you have some other problem with your car that is breaking alternators...(extreme heat, overuse, bad luck / kharma on the refurb). They gave you free labor even though they clearly state they don't cover that normally and won't next time. They gave you a GIFT, no one can work for free, well unless the feds are sending them welfare checks. And your reaction was to "almost" fight with them, accuse them of not wanting to fix the alternator for free and wanting to see proof the alternator is functioning, you slap them in the face for giving you this gift of their time. And then you post on the internet that they fixed your car twice the 2nd time for free and it was BAD service?

I've bought 5 cars from this dealership for my family over the last 15 years 4new one used. Never had a problem, best service, best prices, best dealership I've ever used. If you don't like these guys either they had a bad day or the problem lies somewhere near Mount Manali.

• Gr
      10th of Jun, 2009

Maybe Obama will just give you a car next time a bulb goes out since he's running GM now!!! The Hewlett's aren't the problem ... It's all of you people that treat a $30K automobile like a $12.99 toaster from Walmart; if it breaks you just think you can take it back and they'll give you a new one. Unrealistic expectations and a too high sense of ourselves is the biggest problem with our country today!!!

• St
      2nd of Nov, 2009

This is so funny, , so the first story is about a bad experience at the ### hewlett dealership, in georgetown, , you know the one ! and then the next couple of paragraphs are obviously the service advisor or the hewlett's themselves acting like a stranger and posting what realisticly is a effort to save there name, , , !This fool said "they gave you free labor" ### the damn alternator is not $ 423 !It was aftermarket and made by your cousins, the dealer probably paid $80 and then marked it up 30% markup and the rest was probably billed for one of the hewllett's tity dance, !!They hustled you Mrs.Manali.but dont worry everyone i know will not!go there and beleive me my freinds make 100k plus a year and i hope you tell all your people to..That basicaly they SUCK!!!