Domino Magazine / Immoral editorial practices / feature stolen products

Domino Magazine continues to feature the products of Legacy Trading Company (of Dallas, Texas), even though the magazine's editors have been repeatedly notified that Legacy and its owners, Kelly O'Neal and Rene Gutierrez, have stolen thousands of dollars in services, designs, samples and actual product from Dallas area artists and manufacturers. The products featured in Domino - pillows and decorative wares -were illegally obtained - read: STOLEN - from one local designer. To add insult to felony, O'Neal claims to have come up with the designs he's stolen himself! In fact, he couldn't design a stick figure with any style, as just about anyone ripped off by these con men will tell you. If you don't want to see blatantly stolen designs featured in supposedly reputable national magazines, let the editors at Domino Magazine know that you think it's wrong to steal from hardworking artists. Thank you for support. AND DON'T BUY FROM THE BLATANT THIEVES AT LEGACY TRADING COMPANY OR DESIGN-LEGACY IN DALLAS! Their showroom at the Dallas World Trade Center, Daryl Jenkins, also displays Legacy's STOLEN SAMPLES and DESIGNS!

Comments

• Ri
      13th of May, 2007

I'm a local Dallas artist and I can tell you that every word of this complaint is true! I was 'hired' by Kelly to design pillows for his sham of a company. After everything was in place and my designs approved, he turned around and stole them and produced them himself, making a lot of money on my work. I did't have any legal recourse because - as this lying idiot pointed out at the time - I neglected to get our deal in writing. People: Kelly O'Neal and anyone associated with him is either liar, a thief or both. How he and his scams have stayed in business so long is anybody's guess. I just hope someone stops them before they bankrupt a family with children (which they probably already have). Please send this to anyone you know who might be victimized by these con men... the more people who know about them the faster they'll be run out of town. Thank you.

• Ke
      16th of May, 2007

As owner of legacy trading co., i am writing this response. These comments were written by a disgruntled psychopath who needs to get a life. I would hope that any readers of such ridiculous nonsense would have the good judgment to discern for themselves that if such complaints were true, we would not be in business. Additionally, if there were even a shred of truth to the complaints, the proper way to handle them is not by spineless internet blogs bearing silly t.v. names.

Legacy has been a valuable part of the artisan and design community for over 15 years, and will continue to be so. Unfortunately, the same cannot be considered true for certain bloggers.

• Ca
      18th of May, 2007

I've worked with Kelly O'Steal and Legacy Theft Company in the past. Kelly is such a liar that instead of wiping his mouth with a tissue, he needs to use toilet paper instead. I'd never work with the ### and his partner again. Enough said. Later.

• Sh
      20th of May, 2007

Based on a close friend's (artist) experience with this company, everything posted here about Legacy and scam artist owner Kelly O'Neal is true. He's a thief and an easy liar. I wouldn't do business with these amoral scam artists if you paid me. He should be put out of business as soon as possible!

• Ti
      16th of Sep, 2008

I have been working with Kelly O'Neal and Legacy Trading Company for the last two years on our new home. He has been involved in every aspect of the design process. He continues to go above and beyond the call of duty and has always been there for us. We would whole heartly reccommend him to anyone. His work has been outstanding and there is no quesiton that he is completly honest and operates his business with integrity.

• De
      13th of Oct, 2008

'Tim Halter'is a fake name used by Kelly O'Neal and his staff. He is such a loser. I know because I'm still friends with an employee there who's gathering info for a class action lawsuit against the company.

• Mi
      6th of Apr, 2010

UPDATE: Apparently, featuring stolen designs and supporting well-known thieves like Kelly 'Anything You Can Steal, I Can Steal Better' O'Neal caught up with Domino Magazine...they've folded in shame and are no longer publishing or able to promote theft from artists! Chalk one up for the honest artists! Hopefully, scummy O'Steal and his troll-like partner Rene will be next!