Dome cafe Darwin airport / customer service

1 Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia

I paid for a breakfast and coffee before boarding my flight at Dome in Darwin Airport.

The total was $25 and I tapped my card to pay. The card machine showed approved and then I was told that there was a balance owing, that the transaction did not go through and I had to pay again.

I checked my online banking app and it showed a transaction for 21.17 processed at the exact time i paid for my food with the correct payer being "Delaware north". I was advised that this was an error and I had to pay again. I refused and stated that either a refund be put through and I be charged again for the correct amount or that I be charged for the difference. The staff were unable to print anything from the card machine only their own till. They proceeded to argue with me trying to imply that my banking was incorrect and that I was trying to get away with a free meal. Completely unprofessional way to deal with this sort of issue. Only when I gave up and just told them to charge me twice of that's what they wanted did they decide to let it go but proceeded to inform me that it would be coming out of their wages and that it was my lucky day.

I left the shortfall of $4 At the table because I have absolutely no issue paying for my food. I just don't appreciate being spoken to in a public place in such a rude way.

Lm