Dolphin Movers Ltd / Proved derelict

1 2 Haslemere Business Centre EN1 1DX, Endfield, England, Middlesex, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: +44(0)208804 7700

Made negligent representaions, bait and switch fee quoting, innatention of duty and breach of contractual promises. Quoted and invoiced us for our move from UK to US. On first day of move, called and said we needed to pay 1, 200 GBP more! Container made it's way to the port in Los Angeles and sat there for 2.5 months racking up fees and making US Customs very irate. "We are an international moving company that specialises in overseas moving and storage..We will handle all the necessary steps door-to-door including all paperwork and customs regulations for your move...We have a global network of experienced agents in over 100 countries that we have specifically chosen to provide a high standard that we require to suit your individual needs and perform that very important final stage of your move." Our family experienced quite the opposite! Those glowing, feel good statements are b.s. They contraced a TRUCKING COMPANY to deliver our posessions. This trucking company never handled US Customs clearances, never have and never will, they say it is too much work... Well, so much for the 'global network of experienced agents'! I did not realize that Los Angeles was such a back water that their 'over 100 countries' don't include anyone in the western US! We had to pay over $11, 578.00 over and above our original quote to retrieve our personal posessions. For 2.5 months they said that they were working on it, that they would pay, that it was not their fault..blah, blah, blah! Yeah, it was locusts too! The U.S. Maritime Commission in D.C. conducted a full investigation and will verify my claims. "You were screwed" is what they told me... wow, I knew that!

More Dolphin Movers Ltd Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Re
      30th of Aug, 2011

I had a similar problem with my move to Australia. This company should be regulated better than what the likes of Bar do as they are members of bar it means nothing and if anything it just adds to the problem as bar are pretty much useless. I would recommend you use this company at you peril as I too had a similar problem!

• Uk
      3rd of Nov, 2011

Dolphin Movers is the worst experience you could have! They quote wrong, deliver partly, ask for more money and don´t reimburse the damaged goods! Forget about Court proceedings - it is a waste of time, especially in the UK - simply avoid them. Regarding the statement to BAR - it is right, forget them as well!

• Pe
      8th of Mar, 2012

Through the British Association of Removers(BAR) we took Dolphin Movers Ltd to arbitration and were awarded to the fullest extent allowed on 7 November 2011. Has Dolphin paid? Not a penny! Dolphin Movers Ltd still exhibits 3 emblems of British Association of Removers on their website. Why does BAR allow them to remain a member? A culture in which seals of oaths, promises and endorsements have no meaning declines quickly. A 'do nothing' stance perpetuates corporate irresponsibility and undermines the fabric of society. What ever happened to the responsible entity that says, "We are sorry we made a mistake and we will fix it."??
    If BAR does not weed out companies that blatantly ignore it's belief system, it undermines the premise for the existence of it's organization. They need to be weeded out! It is to the benefit of BAR's organization, those who belong to it and the consumers who rely on it. Bad behavior is contagious!!

• Dn
      1st of May, 2013

Having read the previous comments, I am surprised as I had an excellent experience with Dolphin Movers. I was sceptical after reading negative reviews, but Adnan from Dolphin movers and his team helped us with our move from London to Istanbul every step of the way. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The quote they gave me was good and I didn't have to pay an extra penny, the team that came to pack and ship our stuff was professional and punctual and they were very careful throughout the packing process. They even organised the Turkish side of things and customs, so all I did was hand them the necessary paperwork and small custom fees (which is standard in Turkey)

I am a graphic designer and I shipped two brand new iMacs, along with six cubic meter of other things, they partially delivered my computers to my temporary address and placed the rest of my stuff in storage. My Macs arrived without a scratch and I can't thank Dolphin movers and their Turkish associates more. I would recommend anyone who needs a professional service to talk to Adnan from Dolphin Movers and voice your concerns beforehand.

• Mr
      28th of Mar, 2015

We used dolphin for our home move, and i can only praise them!

• To
      10th of Jun, 2015

these people are crooks and thieves and liers!
    do not use! avoid at al costs!!! google them!!! every review is the same!!! never trust these guys! they lie cheat and steal!!

• Tt
      15th of Jun, 2017

I am reading these comments because my shipment has at last arrived (after a very long delay). I haven't yet had it delivered to my door because Dolphin are trying to charge me for delivery charges again, after I already paid for door to door delivery. When I told them I'd paid door to door delivery they renamed all the extra costs they are trying to charge me as being various different "port fees". I'm trying to threaten them with legal action - or take legal action - against them but I'm not sure how exactly to do it.