Dolphin Crest Guesthouse / Guesthouse Not Refunding Deposit

1 South Africa Review updated:

I booked a stay at the Dolphin Crest Guesthouse and made a 50% deposit as required, through a bank transfer. At the time of the booking I was given the cancellation policy. When I had to cancel, I sent numerous emails letting them know I needed to cancel and requesting a full refund as I was well within the time frame outlined in the policy. I received no response. My representative in South Africa also sent emails and made phone calls. There has been no response and no action after nearly two months.

Pa

Comments

• E4
      1st of Aug, 2012

HI there, We are a tour operator and had paid 100% (8000 ZAR) to them for a group booking. They decided to cancel the booking and haven't refunded the money. We are trying to get our money as we had to find alternatives for the clients. They aren't answering calls. The owner is Linda Munthree 082 942 3653 | 083 303 8245 | Linda Munthree [protected]@webmail.co.za

• Ki
      4th of Oct, 2015

Been trying to redeem my Goruoin voucher for the past 2 months, absolutely no luck.Called over 20 times and either get told to call later, email the voucher or they just don't answer. I feel as though my money has been stolen from me.

• Cl
      30th of Jun, 2016

Hi Linda

Thank you, after your repeated ignoring of my calls, I actually did some homework on you and your establishment and knew something was up. I also asked my brother to come through and personally pay thankfully he had an emergency. Please do not do that to people, because we counted on you and took your work for granted. What if my babies and my family were left stranded, what then Linda, I am going to spread the word about this to all that I know and the list is endless. Please feel free to get your (supposed) OWNER to call me, I would like to have a word with HIM or HER. You should google your name sake and see what comes up. Try and take cognisance of your mistakes and correct them because you to are indeed an adult after all.

In the best interest of people like me who get scammed by others who have no conscience.