Dolphin Cleaners / Ruining clothes and not taking responsibility

1 11600 gladiolus driveft myers, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 239 433 0231

I took two tommy bahama items to be cleaned. Upon picking them up and getting them home, i noticed that the dye on one dress had run all over the garment. The other garment, a two piece suit, had scorch marks on it, obviously burned in the pressing. I called to discuss and they blamed it on the manufacturer, although i had had these two items dry cleaned other times with no problems. Bottom line, i could not wear approximately $500 worth of clothing. There was no apology or any kind of monetary settlement.

Comments

• Pr
      29th of Sep, 2008

i used to work for several drycleaners for 15 years.

They should defenetly pay for you tommy bahama shirt.. these shirts are very different all the time they might be dryclean only or wetclean only and the only way to know it's to look at the label. When it comes to shirt they have a tendacy to tag and toss them in a buggy for laundry without a second thought. As for the suit with scorch marks on it, they would win every case against them since most if not all drycleaners use steam irons and not common household irons, with the steams irons it's impossible to scorch any fabric. The presses work the same way.. with stteam. Most "scorch" marks become visible when a stain is on a fabric and not mentioned to the teller.. the "invisible" stain then reactcs to the perc which makes it more ivident after the cleaning..

The drycleaners are not awlayss to blame.. and the customer either. You should insepect garnemtns with the clerk and havve your receipt initialixed by them stating no tears rips burns or stains are present on the garnment at time of drop off.

• Ca
      20th of Mar, 2013
    Dolphin Cleaners - clothing ruined, no reimbursement
    dolphin cleaners
    Fort Myers
    Florida

buyer beware!
    You've heard the expression, "Taken to the cleaners"?
    Well, I was, and since the owner of this business has literally turned a deaf ear to my concerns, I have resorted to social media to warn others about this place.

I wish I could give this place ZERO STARS!

The sweater I dropped off was returned to me stretched badly out of shape, frayed in many place and with a hole. When I returned to discuss this, I was told the owner was busy with out of town guests for a week and would look at the sweater and make a decision about what to do. I left my name and phone number and expected a call the following week. Never came.
    Returned to the dry cleaners the next week and they explained the owner examined the sweater and said I should return it to the store where I purchased it! He did not return my call, they said, because they didn't have my area code...
    When I asked for a refund of the $9.00 "dry cleaning" fee, I was told no. I asked for the owner's name and when he might be in so that I could speak with him. They refused to share his name...hmmmm.
    Maybe, this has happened in the past and they have been instructed not the divulge the owner's name? I found it odd that an owner of a business did not want anyone to know his identity.
    They were also very vague about when or if he might return.
    In other words, he didn't care about me or the fact that he ruined my sweater.
    I made a visit to a sister store and was told the same. "He's not here. We don't know when he'll be back" etc, etc, etc. Again, I left my name and number. 24 hours later, still no call.
    This morning, I get a call from one of the employees who tells me that the owner has decided to extend a credit for half ($4.50) of the $9.00 fee I was charged for them to destroy my sweater. It can only be claimed by taking more garments there, which I'm not inclined to do since the owner has mistreated me and ruined one item already.
    I will say, the employees I dealt with were courteous and sympathetic. I feel sorry that they are made to do the "dirty work" of dealing with unhappy customers. A solid business person goes out of his or her way to address customer issues. This person went out of his way to "hide"
    So, now I'm out the $35. for the sweater, and the $9.00 for the "dry cleaning".

My goal is to make you aware so that you won't be "taken to the cleaners" like I was.
    I wish that I had the benefit of a review like mine so that I could have made an informed decision.
    If you choose to patronize this establishment I would make certain, in advance, to have them explain their policy on damaged items ahead of time. Maybe even in writing.

I have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

My advice: Find a different place to have your clothes cleaned.