Dollarama / no bathrooms

1 Aurora, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Every store that does not offer bathrooms to their customers should not be allowed to operate. If someone needs a bathroom, it is never a matter "oh yippee, I've been waiting to use the bathroom at Dollarama". It's a matter of health and necessity, depending on the person's system - this can cause extreme discomfort. I refuse to shop Dollaramas until they offer healthy options of restrooms for their customers.

Th

Comments

20th of Apr, 2009

MADAM HOW WLIL U NO IF DALORAMMA GET'S NEW BAHTRHOM'S IF U NEVRER GO IN TOO ONE AGEN?!1!

I THNIK YOU'RE REQEST IS UNRESNABLE

THEY'RE'S NO LAW AGENST NOT HALVEING A RET'S ROOM FOUR YOU'RE CILELNT'S OR COSTUMER'S

YOUR BEING SLILY

GETG OVER IT

I DO NAT THNIK THTA DALLORAMA'S WLIL MISS YOU'RE BUSNEES IN THE MEAN TMIE

YOU SHOLD HALF GOEN BE FOUR YOU LEFT YOU'RE HMOE

SICNERELY

• Th
      21st of Apr, 2009

First of all use spellcheck, second of all some people have scheduled that are obviously much busier than yours I'm sure, I'm a single Mom with 2 jobs. IF there's no law there should be one. This is a complaint and I'm entitled to have it and by the looks of your response could really care less what you think.

22nd of Apr, 2009

Only restaurants with eat in areas are required to have restrooms.

You may be entitled to the complaint, but it's seriously doubtful it will result in anything at all.

If you think there should be a law, then lobby your political representatives, you don't make a complaint for a non-existent problem. Check the building codes and the by-laws in your city or town (go to your local city hall and ask the desk clerk) - as far as I can tell, it appears to be a matter that falls within these areas.

22nd of Apr, 2009

I DONT NOT CARE IF SHE HAS 2 JOB'S OR 2, 00 SHE IS JSUT PLANE RUED & IF U AKS ME THSI WOMEN OWS ME AN ALOPOGY

NO ANMOUT OF CONPLAIBNING FORM SOME ONE LIEK TTHSI WLIL RELSUT IN LAW'S CHANGEING

ILL SAY IT AGEN::

GO BE FOUR YOU LEVE YOU'RE HMOE & STOTP YOU'RE UNRESOBNLE DENMAD'S

16th of Jul, 2009

Mac, Your an idiot. Plain and simple.
    Saying that she isnt entitled to her complaint because she is a woman. Wow.

20th of Jul, 2009

ONEC AGEN YOURE ARE MISING THE PONIT CONPLEBTLY MADAM FACNY PATN'S

I AM RESONABLY SHURE THTA U R ATEMTING TOO INSITE MY AGNRER BY INPLYING THTA I AM SOEM SROT OF A CHAVUNIT'S OR RACTIST

HOW EVER YOURE BIZARE ACUSATON'S DO NAT CAHNGE THE FCAT'S

THIS WOMEN LOT'S HERE HEAD IN REAGRD'S TOO HER UNRESNABLE DEMNAD'S WICH SHE PALACED ONTO DALORAMA & THEYRE MAGANEMNENT

I DO USNTERDNAND THTA THEY'RE IS A DIFERENCE BWETEEN MAMN & WOMANS GERNERATIVE OGRAGN'S BUT NO MATER:: THSI DOSE NAT CAHNGE THE LAW OF THE LADN

I SATND BY MY SATTEMETNT'S OF SEBVERAL EMOTHN'S BACKA & I SERATINLY DO WHISH TO HEAR YOU'RE OIPINGON REGRADEING THE AVOVE, ,

& I DO HOEP THTA WE CAN COTINUE TOO KEEP THSI COVERNASATON CODRIAL & DECNENT

21st of Jul, 2009

Ok once again with the Extreme Grammar and Misspellings with Caps Lock. Please go get your GED and hopefully you will know how to type and use English correctly. I didnt know you could slur your words when typing.

As for the complaint. Its legitimate. If there are no Bathrooms there then how would the employees feel?
    They too need to use the restroom every now and then.

I didnt accuse you of anything, I just commented on the fact that you said she wasnt entitled to her complaint since she was a woman. I didnt call you Sexist and why would you be a Racist?? Gender has nothing to do with race.

Yes she could have gone next door to another shop to use the restroom, but its all in the convenience of having the restroom there in the store she was at.

21st of Jul, 2009

MY FREND I DEFY U TOO QOTE ME WHEHR I SAY THTA THE RESON SHES NOT ETNILTED TOO HER CONPLAIBT IS BECASU SHES IS A WOMEN, ,

IN FCAT I NEFER BRIGN HER GEDRNDER IN TOO PALAY HERE EXEPT IN REFRENSE'S TO HER ### A PESRON

I SAIDEW THTA "" TO BE HONET'S IM NOT EFEN SHURE THAT THSI WOMEN IS EFEN ETNILTED TO HER CONPLAIBT "" DO TOO HER UNRESNBALE NESS & SEFLILSH NESS & NOT ANY GEDNER BIASE'S ISUE'S OR CHAVNISM'S ON MY PATR

AGEN I AM FORSED TOO BELIEF THAT U R BENG WIL FULY OTBUSE & JSUT TRING TOO SEFLISHLY AGRUE ABOT SOTHEMING ULNRETALTED TOO HALVE FUN AT MY ESXPENCE LIEK SOEM KIDN OF ITNER NET TROOLL

REGRAD LESS

THE PONIT ISS, THEYRE WAS BARTHOROM'S AT DALORMA'S, , THEIR JSUT NOT ABALABLE TOO THE COSTUMER'S (EPLOYE'S OLNY) & THEY'RE IS NO LAW THTA SAY'S THTA THEY'RE HAS TOO BE & RIGT FULY SO HERE IN AMERCIA OR CADNDAADA

SHE SHOLD HALF AS U SAIDE GONE NEXTE DORE OR AT HMOE AS I SUGESTED

MY AVDICE TOO U:: READE POTS'S MROE CRAEFULY BEFOUR YOU REPSOND FREND

22nd of Jul, 2009

"TO BE HONET'S IM NOT EFEN SHURE THAT THSI WOMEN IS EFEN ETNILTED TO HER CONPLAIBT"
    There I quoted you. What now?!
    Translated to Real English
    To be honest Im not sure that this WOMAN is even Entitled to her Complaint.
    So Yeah.

How is wanting a bathroom in a store being selfish?
    I dont see how that is even the least bit selfish.
    If it was a personal bathroom that only she would use, then yes, thats selfish. But she said that she wanted them to have a bathroom for all customers to use.

Regardless of a law for having a bathroom on the grounds of your property, Its just nice to make your customers comfortable while in your shop.

I read everything just fine.
    You just write everything wrong.

22nd of Jul, 2009

What you quoted him saying...that doesn't say she isn't entitled to her complaint because she's a woman.

He could have this "this woman isn't entitled to her complaint" it's the same thing.

Granted, the grammar and spelling isn't good, but you made an inference that wasn't in his statement - you simply read it the wrong way.

22nd of Jul, 2009

Well the way that it was written was the way I took it, I understand that he could have meant it in a different way but he also could have written everything much more clearly.
    Honestly I dont understand how someone so stupid could have access to a computer.

THNAK U MADAM FOR ESXPALANEING MY PONIT TOO MR PANT'S HEREE, ,

HE DOSE NAT LIEK ME & HE DOSE NOTW WHISH THTA I COMTINUE TOO COTRIBUET TOO THSI BORDE, ,

IT SEEMM'S ### IF HE HAS MAEDE A "" HOOBY "" OF FOLOWING ME FORM CONPLAIBT TOO CONPLAIBT & TRYNIG TOO MAEK ME LOKO LIEK AN IDOIT OR WOSRE

THANAK U MADMA FOR XEPLAINEING IT TOO THSI MAN BECASU HE IS COOSEING NAT TO USDNERTASND WAHT I AM TALACKING ABOT & IT'S IS FROSTRATEING TOO SAY THE LEAT'S & I DO NAT USNDERTASND SOEM TIME'S WHTA THE BIG PORBOLEM'S IS

ETHER WAY

BCAK TOO THE OGIRNIAL PONIT

UNFORTUNATLY MR PANT'S IN BUSNESS U CANPOT AFORD TOO BE "" NIECE "" AS U SAIDE, , THE PONIT OF BUISNESSESS IS NOT TOO BE "" NICE "" AS U SAIDE BUT ISNTED TO MAEK MONAY BOTOM LIEN, ,

& BE ING NIECE IS NAT NESECARIELY A MOYNEY MAEKER I AM SRORY TOO SAY

BUT I AM SHURE THAT ENEY ONE WHO HAS EFER BENE IVNOLEVED IN A BUISNES ENVNIMORVETN COLD TELL U THTA IF U HAVENT BEEN

ETHER WAYU I AM GLALD THAT I HALF BENE CLERED OFF THE CHAVNISM'S CHAGRE'S

GOOD DAY SIR & MADMA

23rd of Jul, 2009

How have I made a hobby of following you?
    This is the only post you have commented on before i have.
    You followed me to the Tire post.

Having a restroom on the ground would make the buisness make more money.
    Not having your customers needing to leave your shop to use the bathroom would make them stay longer thus making them buy more items.

So being a Douche to everyone that comes to your store will make your buisness flurish?
    Being that acting nice isnt a money maker right?
    Well from personal experience I know if the sales rep is nice to me and make me feel welcome, that Im more likely to stay and purchase something. If they are a Douche I just leave. So I dont see why being nice isnt a money maker.

What charges have been cleared?

Dokctur Fan See Panths

23rd of Jul, 2009

MR PATN'S ONEC AGEN YOU'RE ARE BEING WILFULY OSTBINATE & TRING TO MAEK A MOCEKRY OF ITELIGETN THOUGT & C'MON SESNE WHITH NOSNSEN'S & ASBURD SATTEMETNT'S & LEAP'S OFF LOIGIC

AS SOEM ONE WHO IT SEEM'S HAS LITLE TOO NO ESXEPRIENCE IN THE REALE WOLRD MY FREND

PREHAP'S YOU DO NAT USNDERSATND HOW MCUH IT COTS'S TOO KEPE A PULBIC BARTHOOM OPEPN::

CLENING, , TOLIET PEPER, , WATRE BLILL'S, JATNINORIAL SEVRICE'S, , THE COT'S OFF BILDING IT, , PUBIC SATEFTY & ZOENING CONSERN'S, , THE LIT'S GO'S ON & ON

SO YOU'RE ARE SAY ING THTA U WOLD GOO TOO A SOTRE THTA AVDERTISE'S THTA IT HAS A BARTHOOM FACBILTY RAHTER THNA ONE THTA DOSE NAT

(( YOU SIRE MUT'S BE SOEM SRORT OF BARTOHOOM COSNOSSEIUR, , ))

OFF COURSE THE SAEL'S PEPOPOL SHOLD BE "" NIECE "" & NAT ATCT LIEK A "" DOSHUE "" ANY ONE WHO AGRUE'S THTA IS AN IDOT

BUTT IN THE "" REALE WORLID "" YOU WLIL FIDN OUT VERAY QICKLY THTA IF YOU MAEK ALL OFF YOU'RE DECISON'S ON WEATHER IT IS "" NIECE "" OR NAT THNE YOU WLIL VERRY QICKLY FIDN YOU'RE SLEF OTU OF BUSY NESS

ONEC AGEN THE LAW IS ON MAY SIEDE IN THTA THEY'RE IS NAT & SHOLD NAT BE ANY REQIREMENET TOO HALF A PUBIC BAIRTHOMO IN ANY PALACE THAT DOSE NAT OFEFER & SEVRE FODOD

YOU SIRE SIPMLY HALF NO LEG'S TOO SATND ON

23rd of Jul, 2009

Actually, having a washroom does not make a business more money, but it can open them up to even more liability and possibly more liability insurance. And means that somewhere like a department store will wind up having to deal with even further health inspections with a different set of rules because they now have a public washroom.

We've had many instances of people coming in just to use the washroom, then they leave...no purchases. We just happened to be handy and had public washrooms.

So, voila! No more public washrooms.

Non-buying customers go to the restaurant next door instead.

• Ct
      25th of Jul, 2009

I think we all should look at something a little more important then that and that is, what the hell does dollarama think when they deside to sell lighters at the cash register and of all places right at the eye level of my 5 year old daughter. That is why I don't shop there. Every time I ask the teller why they sell lighters there and spacifically where my daughter can pcoket one and they always look at me dumb founded like I'm on glue for even asking such a question...Now in canada you can't have smokes out for children to see they have to put away where no one can see them, for crying out loud I wanted to go eat on a patio and they told me I couldn't becasue my daughter wasn't eighteen. So now you tell me why they think lighters are a impulse buy to sell them where chocolate bars should be sold and in reach of any child that stands tallers then 2 feet... HHHHUUUUMMMMMMM. Bathrooms??? maybe lets start with makeing our children safe and not selling lighters to our children.

30th of Jul, 2009

In Canada you can't have smokes out for anyone to see. There's no law about lighters, but most of the shops have them up near the cash register so nobody can pocket them. Hasn't got much to do with children, though.

Lighters aren't necessarily and impulse buy, but sometimes yeah. I buy a lot of candles in shops like that. Get to the cash and think "oh yeah, the lighter's nearly finished I better get another". And nobody was selling a lighter to your daughter, though it doesn't make a lot of sense to have lighters way below the eye level of the people who would be buying them.

You couldn't get onto a patio because it was a licensed patio. Eighteen? Um, the law is 19 for liquor here. There are lots of outdoor patios that aren't licensed though.

Hey I don't make the laws. If I did, there'd be a few more, along with a few less of some of the really stupid ones. Like our most recent bylaw...every retailer must charge a customer 5 cents if they want a plastic bag...and they think this is going to save the environment?

Keeping your children safe is the parents job (not to be mean, but it is).

I won't say much more except some of the children I see in shops with their parents...well if they were mine they'd get a swat in the butt instead of a candy bar to make them behave.

• Sh
      30th of Jul, 2009

Theo people do not have to have access to bathrooms in stores if the only bathroom is the employee's. Where I used to work, we had to let the customers use the employee's bathroom. It was disgusting after a day's work to go in and see what they've done. No one wanted to clean up after them. When they built a new store, it had 3 bathrooms, employee men, employee women and customers. They were much cleaner then.

If you have to use a rest room because you're sick, I see no reason why the dollar store won't let you. But many people have stomach problems and do go out to use bathrooms, rather than mess up their own. You wouldn't believe how many do that.

To the mom who thinks her child might shoplift a lighter. Why on earth would you think that? Is she that unruly? Please, there have been lighters on counters for years and unless the kid is a pyromanic, there is no reason why one would steal one. They keep candy bars and gum out front too. Does she steal those?

• Li
      31st of Jul, 2009

Minimum wage employees do not make enough money to have to clean up someone else's messes in a public bathroom. Learn to use the bathroom before you leave the house (like a child) or hold it. Yes it may suck but you're there to shop, not hang out for hours on end.

• Th
      13th of Nov, 2009

Wow some very intelligent comments and others??? What does minimum wage have to do with anything? But I won't even address you as your comment is too juvenile.
    Let me clarify some things, I have a bladder problem- can't hold, there were no stores next door - new strip mall, Dollerama was the only store open, I could had to drive to Wal-Mart who has bathrooms and still had an embarrassing accident to which I should consider even suing. But that's besides the point. Imagine yourself stuck either with a child or yourself that can't hold and having someone being rude to you. Frankly it was very unpleasant and though I'm really tempted with some of you - I don't wish it to happen to anyone on this list or anywhere. But this is the old problem of because it doesn't touch me in any negative way I have to ridicule the complaint, make fun of it or just be ignorant. Yes people for the most part are not clean- fact of life, I work in a corporation and the bathrooms are not any better as far as cleanliness. But to deny someone a necessary hygiene act because you don't want dirty bathrooms or out of sheer insensitivity is uncalled for and not good business. I now drive further and go to the other Dollarama that does allow customers to use their restrooms.