Dollar Tree / poor customer service

1 LAKEWOOD, CA, United States Review updated:

Today 07/18/18 around 530-545pm I went to one of your store in Lakewood WA and was shopping when my 3 year old needed to use the restroom. When I got to the restroom, it had a notice stating I needed a key so I went to the front to ask for help. I met an associate. She didn't have a name badge but stated her name was. I asked for the key and she stated that they do not provide restrooms to customers because of vandalism and have nothing to offer. I then asked if she would take my daughter to the employee bathroom as she really needed to go and I would wait outside the door. She stated that they didn't have a bathroom. So I asked where the employees go and she told me they use the manager's bathroom. I proceeded to ask her if she could take my 3 year old to the bathroom and I will wait outside to which she stated no. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she stated she was the manager, I asked for her supervisor and stated that the store manager Amanda was not available. When I asked for her contact information, I was told "I am not gonna give you her personal cellphone" very rudely. I reminded her that I didn't ask for her personal info but phone number or email to contact her and she told me to just call the store. I asked for the store number and she stated that it does not work. Oh my goodness! Talk about horrible customer service. First of all, I don't know why a business that caters to customers does not offer a bathroom, secondly I asked if she would take my 3 year old to the bathroom and I didn't even need to go and my request was rejected and then it was downhill from there. Where is the courtesy, where is the concern for customers? I am talking a 3 year old...not an adult who can hold urine. The shear rudeness and dismissal...I was told to go to the next store and use their bathroom. I was Dollar tree's customer and I felt belittled and disrespected by your associate. Now I am sure she gave me a fake name but please address this issue. I am sure losing one customer is nothing to the DollarTree but your associates need some education on respect and customer service.
I am a Director of Nursing and I am appalled...I cannot even begin to imagine what would happen if we treated patients like that at my facility. If she were to come to my facility with an illness and be treated like nobody cared how would she feel. Going the extra mile is more important than following restrictions because of vandalism. How much property damage is a 3 year old going to do?

Ca
Jul 18, 2018

Comments

• Aj
      20th of Jul, 2018

Everytime I go to the Dollar Tree in East Orange New Jersey On Central Avenue, the same cashier is so very nasty and rude and the management does nothing, I even complained to the corporate office about the customer service at this store ... and the obviously don’t care because the same thing keeps happening. Today I went In there (July 20, 2018 ... the cashier is arguing with a customer... when I get to the front of the line she begins another argument with me after refusing to check my items out. Huge argument and the people in line begin to become unruly because of this cashier ... calling for management to come over and of course no one comes, they don’t care what goes on in these stores ... very very disgusting organization. They need to be boycotted, stop going to these stores with these filthy, non-educated low life trash employees who don’t know the meaning of customer service.

23rd of Jul, 2018

At this East Orange store on Central Avenue. They act like they OWN THE STORE, acting like they the BOSS of the shoppers?! [censored]es ain’t nothin but cashiers who need to ring ppl up, do they [censored]in job and shut the [censored] up!

23rd of Jul, 2018

At this East Orange New Jersey Store on central avenue. They act like they OWN THE STORE, acting like they the BOSS of the shoppers?! [censored]es ain’t nothin but cashiers who need to ring ppl up, do they [censored]in job and shut the [censored] up!

23rd of Jul, 2018

And what is this? Just a place to vent after visiting your store full of low life employees at East Orange New Jersey Store on Central Ave ... a place to vent but nothing is ever addressed because I’ve encountered the same trash employees with their filthy mouth and attitudes on more than one occasion ... complaintsboard lmfaooo yeah right complaints mean nothing on here but hopefully somebody will do SOMETHING soon.

23rd of Jul, 2018

At this Dollar Tree in East Orange New Jersey Store on central avenue. They act like they OWN THE STORE, acting like they the BOSS of the shoppers?! [censored]es ain’t nothin but cashiers who need to ring ppl up, do they [censored]in job and shut the [censored] up!

3rd of Aug, 2018

It is sadly more then true. Hood-rat's are who work there. Disgustingly disrespectful people.
    Corporate need's to do something.