Dollar Tree / I am complaining about racial profiling

New York, NY, United States Review updated:

I was shopping at dollar tree with two of my friends and we noticed the manger was following us every aisle we went to and when we asked why is he following us he responded by saying we are black and look suspicious that made me and my friends very angry and we told that does not give him a reason to follow us around so we proceeded to go checkout the stuff and he followed us until we left the store one of my friends had forget to buy something so he went back in and the manager shoved him out the store I am highly upset that this happened and something serious must be done because this is not right the mangers picture is below serious action must be taken against him because we did nothing wrong

Dollar Tree

Ja
Dec 11, 2016

Comments

• Wi
      12th of Dec, 2016

Forgot to pay for something...sounds like the manager had a legitimate reason to be following you.

• Na
      8th of Jun, 2018

@Wine Is Good Read better...they forgot to get something they wanted, so returned to the store to get it, not that they brought it out of the store and accidentally didn't pay. Your vocab needs a racism check. Seems you belong as a clerk in a store like that, Dear person who can't read. See what I mean by profiling? Doesn't feel so good now does it?

• Wi
      8th of Jun, 2018

@Nanabooboo What is ironic is you accused a black manager of racial profiling. What is also ironic is your post could be understood your way and mine, since your grammar and your sentence structure sucks.

• Na
      8th of Jun, 2018

My teen, Student Body pres, volunteer tutor, never took anything or hurt anyone in his life was also profiled at a dollar tree and followed around. He is a teen of color. At another dollar tree in WA, he also was denied use of their restroom even though we were paying customers, and others were allowed to use it. 2 experiences with Dollar Tree racism and profiling in WA state, and I'm not only done with their store now, but letting everyone here know about it.

• Um
      24th of Mar, 2019

@Nanabooboo Maybe they denied him use of their bathrooms because he was obviously there taking a census if what race or ethnicity was allowed to use versus not. The manager probably thought he didn't need to use the bathroom because he had plenty of time to do so but spent his time in the store staring at the freaking bathrooms like an obsessed nut.

• Um
      23rd of Mar, 2019

So you already are profiled and being followed around. You confront the manager, who is black, BTW and surprise surprise he gives attitude. You leave. THEN your 3ick friend goes back in. Why would you continue to patron this store if they are racial profiling you like this???

Anyway, judging from the less than human being way you handled the earlier confrontation the manager thought there was going to be trouble and that's why he "took care of it beforehand".

Cause let's face it "your kind" sure likes to fight.