Dollar Tree / restroom use

bethany home rd. and 35 th ave., glendale az Arizona, United States Review updated:

My wife Trish Booth was told she could not use the restroom because the doors could not lock.Yet the restrooms were locked and she had an emergency and eliminated before she could get next door to a restroom. I am Mike her husband and had to purchase unexpectedly a pair of shorts that were not necessary costing 17.00 dollars.Personally i think this is b s because by law you can not deny a person restroom facilities. We were put off by clerks who said the store could not afford repair on this. I would like this matter resolved to our liking otherwise there will be hell to pay in the form of a lawsuit and money reparations from from Dollar Tree.

Comments

• Oh
      Aug 05, 2011

Please site the specific law that states "you can not deny a person restroom facilities." I'm asking because there are business everywhere that say they don't have a public restroom, or the restroom is for employees only.

Maybe the doors could not be locked from the inside, just the outside with a key, which would make sense in this case.

• Gi
      Aug 05, 2011

If I was her, I'd be pissed.

• Gi
      Aug 05, 2011

I thinkk you replied to the wrong complaint jesus freak.

• Go
      Aug 05, 2011

Are you actually serious? Why would a discount store be legally obligated to provide toilets? As the aabove commenter mentioned, it is very possible that the ttoilets could only be locked from the ooutside. And anyway, if someone walked in on your wife due to the toilets not locking, then you would be threatening to start a lawsuit as well.

• Wa
      Aug 05, 2011

Anyone remember that Saturday Night Live skit "Oops I crapped my pants"?

• As
      Aug 08, 2011

I'm employed by DT and we have certain stores that provide public restrooms, and some that do not. most of the stores that do offer public restrooms, it seems that the women using them are so NASTY!!. its like sometimes you want to ask., is that how your treat your restroom at home?, it is despicable to go in the bathroom after some of these women and there is crap all over the seats, paper all over the floors...they would crap on the seats, but then refused to take a second and throw the paper towel they used in the trash can instead they will lay it on the top of the lid. UNBELIEVABLE! i wish i worked in a store that didn't offer public bathrooms. its disgusting.

• He
      Mar 10, 2016

I sent my staff to your Rosenberg TX Store #4008 to purchase items to use as marketing. One of my staff came back and reported the discriminatory picture on the Men's restroom door. There is a picture of a black man with the caption stating " Be Honest Don't Shop Lift". If you plan to continue doing business in this area, I would suggest you remove that Picture Immediately or replace it with a multicultural picture. I do plan on contacting the television news station in this area; if this picture remains on your door.