Dollar General / the manager in wisconsin rapids wi (dar)

1 511 8TH AVE NORTH, Wisconsin Rapids, WI, United States Review updated:

The 1st thing i would like to complain about is how she treets her employees. So rude. Yelling at them for making a mistack and then going to the employees place to live and demanding to speek to the former employee. When the mistack was made the employee was right infrount to the regester and tried to cancle the transaction. The former employee tried to refund the product and that did not even work. The employee tryed to call dar to inform her that her drawer was going to be short by alot bit no money was touched and the pre paid card was left with a not on the receat. Dar did not answer her phone and blew up on the emplyee infrount of customers while talking on the phone with the employee. Dar threatened the employee about a rotanor that wasnt done and how she wasnt going to do it and if the employee wanted her job that she would come in for an hr. Dar should have talked to the employee in privit and not tell the employees parents if she didnt get ahold of her she was calling the cops. Reminding you the employee had that day only off. The employee has the recets of things she bought and left the card in dars office. The employee did not steel. The employee after going in that day crying and feeling like crap texted dar. Dar sat there and lied to the employee saying she wasnt fired just shes really pissed. Things started to change between dar and the employee. The employee has picturs of the recets of that day and dar telling the employee not to be ringing things in herself but never said it would lead into losing her job. Dar did not tell the employee anything about it and also seen the employee do it herself before. Do i beleive this employee should lose her job over one mistack she ever made???? The cashier is human we make mistacks, well that employee worked over the weekend and would be so scard to go behind the desk to even clock in. While the employee was working she seen a rotanor that had a little note on it out in the an ial that said chemical slill dont touch. Isnt chemical spills soupose to be cleaned up right away? And dispose of properly? This employee came in sick, picked up shifts of people and gets treated like this???? A chemical spill that someone could highly be allergic to compaired to someone making a mistack and trying to fix it should not cost a job. And being lied to. That person im talking about is me. I have read the handbook and understand it. Dar even said she seen me try to stop the tranaction and also seen me try to refund it all different ways and i have pictures to prove that i did. I will send them to you. There is nothing in the handbook that says a cashier can not perchus items themselfs. I hope something gets dobe about this because me being fired over a mistack and being treated like im nothing is rediculas. Getting yelled at because im not working fast enough but being blind in one eye right know due to losing my glass peace and dar knowing about it but wanting me to work sky shelfs and being on a lator that could hurt me. So if i lose my job because of a mistack and she can do that then i guess contacting my lawer and contacting the bbb is what im going to do. Aka another thing dg employees cant work by them selfs kinda funny hiw i would work 3-4 hrs by myself and thats ok. Do something about it or i will. Thanks.
Rebecca Dawson

Be
Dec 8, 2018
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• St
      16th of Dec, 2018

Honestly, I can’t believe I’m even replying to this post as it has nothing to do with me, but that was so incredibly painful to read I felt compelled to reply in defense of DG. I would imagine that somewhere in the DG handbook that you state you read, it most likely says employees should be able to read and write English fluently. I am shocked you actually signed your name to that post. I agree with the other person who replied that a lawyer would most likely tell you that you’re not only out of your mind as far as filing a lawsuit, but would encourage you to remove that “rediculus” post if you have any hope of ever finding another employer that would hire you.

9th of Dec, 2018

I have no idea what you said. Can u repeat that using English?

• Su
      8th of Dec, 2018

Did you ever go to school? Your spelling is horrible, horrendous, unbelievable, deplorable, shocking, baffling, astonishing and painful to read. Grammar errors abound and leave one scrambling to understand.

Calling the BBB about your idiotic performance in a job and being fired is not what the BBB is for. A lawyer will laugh you out of the office. No glasses but told to do your job on a “lator” errrr ladder is appropriate. You can see with one eye and do your job. I have vision in one eye but drove from Boston to Portsmouth NH daily for work. I worked at computers in my own business eighteen hours a day for years. It’s an adjustment but can be done.