Dollar General Store / consumer threatened

1 181 Bank StationFayetteville, GA, United States Review updated:

My Mother-in-law ( Faye) and I (Mindy) went to the Dollar General to get a few last items we forgot in our shopping. As we went to check out. Faye was going to pay first. She handed a $100 bill to pay because that is all she had on her. The cashier looked at the dollar bill and just kept looking for a long time and could not look at us in the face and said" This is a fake bill...It does not have a line through it or a face" and Faye ( nicley) said" well it better not be because it is an old dollar"..." she did not even look at the date or dollar again and said that she would have to keep the bill and she can not give it back to her..Faye said "why can 't I have it back"...and she said she will have to call police and it was policy...so we said that we will wait for the police and ask them . Well as she was calling the police she told us "whether you talk to the police or not, you will NOT GET IT BACK". She was so rude and could not look at us. We then found out she was the " Store Manager"... I did not appreciate her mean and threatening words when the police have not come to verify it yet...my mother in law was livid and really upset. When the cop came, he looked at the bill and told the store manager ( name Sherrie) that it is okay because being that the bill is older, m it will not mark with the pens because it is an older dollar...so he said it is our dollar and we could have it back...she was kinda rude to the cop too and I told the cop myself that i understand the policy deal but her attitude did not have to be that way and could of been handled differently. She still after all of that could not even apologize to Faye and she went to the back of the store...talk about customer service..how do people get away with treating customers this way and still have a job??

WE WILL NEVER BE BACK IN THAT STORE AGAIN AND WE WILL TELL ALL OF OUR FRIENDS HOW WE WERE TREATED IN THAT STORE AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT WE SEE!

Ia

Comments

• Le
      23rd of Dec, 2009

I am sorry you were treated with such disregard. I work at Dollar General in MS and I would never treat a consumer with such disrepect. I am only a cashier but feel the urge to apologize for poor management skills in your store area.
    I feel companies should look into complaints such as this and make the employee go through a trainging course if nothing else... to be a better service to the community that pays for the checks we receive each week.
    Once again maam I am very sorry you were treated like this.
    Leah ( From Mississippi)