Dollar General / deceptive sale prices

1 2948 East Sunshine StreetSpringfield, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 417 885-9090

When shopping last Saturday around 2:00 in the afternoon I purchased cherry pie filling with a sale tag of $2. I then got to the register and saw 2 litre Coke on sale for $1. When my purchases were being rung up I noticed that the clerk had charged # 2.25 for the pie filling. He said "Was it a tag like that? (Pointing to the soda stack) I said "Yes" to which he replied "That is tomorrow's sale." I said "That is deceptive advertising." He replied "I know, but the manager wanted to get the signs up before he left." The people behind me were going to buy the soda too until he said that. These signs should not have been up until late evening. No telling how many people bought stuff thinking it was on sale and paid the regular price.

De

Comments

• Mo
      18th of May, 2011

And report them the dept. weights and measures in your state. You can google the info.

18th of May, 2011

sorry...of...dept OF weights and measures!

21st of May, 2011

why didnt you just wait and by your precious items the next day???

21st of May, 2011

Why should she be out the time and gas because the store's being dishonest?

21st of May, 2011

bc its the DOLLAR STORE and shes ### over a quarter!!! thats why mollie wollie anything youd like to AAAAASSSSSSKKKKKKK!!! ;)

21st of May, 2011

Hey, that quarter could be a gumball. And the complaint is not just the quarter, it's also the misrepresentation of prices. That actually is a big deal, it adds up!

25th of May, 2011

your getting better mollie

• Ug
      30th of May, 2011

I do know until just this week, we were told by our DM to place the sales ads and signage on the floor by 2pm on Saturday even though the sale didnt start until Sunday. Our poliy was to over-ride the prices if mentioned by the customer. However, I just worked today, our ad was effective this morning and as of my leaving at 330, our registers werent ringing correctly. And I absolutely KNOW that when I go in tomorrow, if the stuff still isnt ringing up properly, our Store Manager will tell us to pull all shelf tags, ads and flyers and pretend nothing is on sale! DG cares about nothing but $$$.

23rd of Mar, 2013

Every Time I go into the Dollar General Store I am over charged on a few items that are on sale. This is really bad business. You may not think a quarter is a big deal but I work hard for my money. Just think of how much money they are making off all the stores and all the folks they are over charging. I know they aren't paying their employees well so shame on them for this dishonest practice.