Dollar General / producing a duplicate receipt for purchase of a vanilla reloadable debit card my child purchased with her b day money in april of 2018.

You need a receipt to activate ur vanilla card as one of the requirements to do so. My daughter misplaced the receipt to show she indeed did purchase card/added money to it as well for these vanilla folks. Went to D.G to c if the could get her a duplicate copy of receipt so the hold could be lifted and she can use her damn b day money on card if they rescaned it to bring it up in the system...Nope nope nope they can't do that... money is untraceable we have no way of tracing it etc...so we are stuck without card without money etc... SOMETHING NEEDS TO B DONE ABOUT THIS NONESENSE. I'M CONTACTING MY LAWYER THURSDAY THE 5TH N LETTING HIM HANDLE THIS $136.00 LOSS OF A CHILD'S BAY MONEY!

Mo

Comments

Best Best Advice

Your lawyer will probably start you a GoFundMe to raise the $136. There's nothing DG can do.

Jul 03, 2018

this is awful!! you can’t take your own daughter to court because she lost the receipt! lol idk what you’re complaining about. this is your fault. this has absolutely nothing to do with DG. I’m honestly laughing lmfao

Jul 03, 2018

and btw. I’m calling BS on the lawyer. that alone would cost more than $136. hate to break it to you but your daughter ain’t getting that money if you do in fact need a receipt.

@First Born Triplet people these days right? haha

Jul 04, 2018

there’s some stupid people here unfortunately

Jul 04, 2018

@First Born Triplet that is absolutely hilarious!! this kind of stuff is like a train wreck XD

• Be
      Jul 04, 2018

Your daughter lost it. That was her responsibility. Consider this a lesson to teach her to be more mindful of her belongings and her money. The store did nothing wrong. The receipt is needed for proof of purchase. What's to stop someone who found a card from walking in and saying "I've misplaced my receipt, just print me off a new one" How would that be any different? And hiring a lawyer? That's a laugh!

• Fl
      Aug 17, 2019

I agree I think it’s crap my 11yr stole $200 and he went into the store and purchased a google play card and I found out in time to take the card from him but not before he scrapped the last two numbers off the code and I get told by google if it’s over $100 I need a receipt for them not to refund me but to let me help me use the card and they wouldn’t w out a receipt well of course he don’t have the receipt but my thing is the money is on the card clearly they can see that but want proof it wasn’t stolen don’t the cards have to be activated by the store or they are garbage yes now if it was $100 no problem don’t need the receipt and I went to dg and nothing my thing is what does it matter who purchased the card it wasn’t stolen from the store or there would be no money (and yes he was punished for his doings and learned a very hard lesson ) but I find it [censored] dg couldn’t pull it up when I know the exact date of purchase