Dollar General / termination for no apparent reasons and no evidence of action

2030 Crockett Rd, Palestine, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 9037232550

I was recently employed at this location and was accused of something that was brought to my attention that led me to my termination. The manager and assistant manager had it planned to fire me due to I was dating the assistant managers daughter and when we broke up for me to go back to my family, they harrassed me at my job and as well at other locations. The store assistant manager the mother of my ex girlfriend and her son are both employed at this store which is a matter of conflict of interest, as well as when the daughter and the mother wrote statements expalining that I had stolen a camera, with no evidence and as well as their complaints resulted in anger becuase i would not get back with their daughter, the accused me of the matter, however it was explained that the daughter was the one who stole the camera and the mother who is the assistant manager let her walk out wiht the merchandise. No one never investigated the issue they just terminated me, I even agreed to a lie detector test. They just terminated me for no reason and how can they and receive information and staements from a non employee and the mother of the person giving the statement. Blackmale!!!

Comments

• Mo
      8th of Feb, 2010

Look up your state laws about businesses - some states do not need to have a "right to fire" policy. I live in Arizona and we do not have a "right to fire" policy. That gives any company any right to pay you what they want (even if under minimum wage) and gives them the rights to fire you with or without a notice of why they fired you. I would assume given the example you've given this rule would also apply to your state.

• De
      20th of Feb, 2010

EVERYONE HAS RIGHTS. YOU NEED TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION OR THE HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION.