Dollar General Oberlin/Elyria Rd Elyria, Ohio / purchase of a pack of cigarettes

1 Elyria, OH, United States Review updated:

I was at your store today... Sat 9/8/2018 at approximately 9:41 a.M. I purchased a few things including a pack of cigarettes... When I got home (I live 5 min away) I realized she gave me the wrong cigs.. I went back there immediately and explained to the same woman that sold them to me that she gave me the wrong ones.. She was very rude & said there's nothing I can do.. I then went home and the more I thought about it the madder I got.. So I went back up there.. Receipt in hand along with the cigarettes and asked to speak to a manager.. Well low & behold it was the same rude lady... I explained that she made the mistake and very snotty she claimed that I asked for those and there was nothing I could do! I go to that store everyday sometimes 2× and I spend good money there... I will never step foot in there again.. Nor will any of my family and i'll make sure a lot of ppl know how they treat their customers... Her name was natasha and claimed to be your gm!

Ja
Sep 8, 2018

Comments

• Fe
      11th of Sep, 2018

Returning or exchanging cigarettes is against the law. That is a federal law. Once they leave the store they are yours. Next time make sure they are the right ones before you leave.

13th of Sep, 2018

@Fed up with entitled people Thanks...and yes I absolutely will!

• Fe
      18th of Sep, 2018

A lot of people do not realize that this is against the law and they just think stores are being rude. The store should have been polite and explained the law instead of just saying no.

19th of Sep, 2018

@Fed up with entitled people Exactly..I did not know it was

20th of Sep, 2018

@dear boss WOW. .lol..they would have one here as well!

20th of Sep, 2018

@dear boss Right...lol

Best Best Advice +4 Votes

Its both company policy and against the law to return cigarettes. You should've got the correct ones to start with.

19th of Sep, 2018

@Chris1977 I thought she did put the right ones in the bag..until I got home and seen they weren't..and I did not know this was against the law..my point was she could've been nice about it and explained that it was