Dollar General Oberlin/Elyria Rd Elyria, Ohio / purchase of a pack of cigarettes

1 Elyria, OH, United States Review updated:

I was at your store today... Sat 9/8/2018 at approximately 9:41 a.M. I purchased a few things including a pack of cigarettes... When I got home (I live 5 min away) I realized she gave me the wrong cigs.. I went back there immediately and explained to the same woman that sold them to me that she gave me the wrong ones.. She was very rude & said there's nothing I can do.. I then went home and the more I thought about it the madder I got.. So I went back up there.. Receipt in hand along with the cigarettes and asked to speak to a manager.. Well low & behold it was the same rude lady... I explained that she made the mistake and very snotty she claimed that I asked for those and there was nothing I could do! I go to that store everyday sometimes 2× and I spend good money there... I will never step foot in there again.. Nor will any of my family and i'll make sure a lot of ppl know how they treat their customers... Her name was natasha and claimed to be your gm!

Ja
Sep 8, 2018

Comments

• Fe
      11th of Sep, 2018

Returning or exchanging cigarettes is against the law. That is a federal law. Once they leave the store they are yours. Next time make sure they are the right ones before you leave.

13th of Sep, 2018

@Fed up with entitled people Thanks...and yes I absolutely will!

11th of Sep, 2018

Are you even old enough to smoke?

@Emoato Lol...Yes I Am

13th of Sep, 2018

@JAJ@1970 Then why do you act like a child?

14th of Sep, 2018

@Emoato How do you even figure I'm acting like a child?? You would not be upset had this been you??

14th of Sep, 2018

@JAJ@1970 Well you are acting like a child. I don't smoke so this won't happen to me. You are acting like a child by not acknowledging that if you had checked the pack before leaving this would not be an issue.

• 9w

@JAJ@1970 his mommy doesn't let him out much

8 hrs 38 mins ago

@9wood You have mommy issues and have admitted to being attracted to young boys. Sick.

• Fe
      10 hrs 35 mins ago

A lot of people do not realize that this is against the law and they just think stores are being rude. The store should have been polite and explained the law instead of just saying no.

8 hrs 22 mins ago

Its both company policy and against the law to return cigarettes. You should've got the correct ones to start with.