Dollar General / bad managment

1 Newfane, NY, United States Review updated:

I have been an employee of Dollar General For about 6 months now. I didn't have any problems with them at first...shortly after i was hired a found out i was pregnant. Notice I was getiing about 32 hours a week now i get 4hrs. if im lucky. My store manager soon began being rude to me, talking of my personal buisness in front of customers(not very professional at all) customers that at the time she was running her mouth, were my family and friends. This happened on more than one account. She is rude to customers all the time...other employees and myself have to calm them after she has made them angry. I always worked my hardest and now that i have to slow down a little bit(like not lift such heavy things) because im pregnant she says i am not dependable..?? haha. She is discriminating me only because i am pregnant and she looks at it as a liability. She is not professional in any matter and now im turning to Corp.

As

Comments

• Ra
      27th of Aug, 2008

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THAT OLD SAYING: TREAT PEOPLE HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED. ALOT OF PEOPLE WITH THESE LETTERS AND NUMBERS BEHIND THEIR NAME ALWAYS SEEM TO HAVE THE MOST UNATTRACTIVE PERSONALITY AND ATTITUDE. BUT WHEN YOU FOR 1 TIME GIVE IT RIGHT BACK TO THEM, OOH THEN IT'S A PROBLEM. THEY NOW CALL YOU INSUBORDINATE. I MEAN THESE MANAGERS ARE DISRESPECTFUL TO FELLOW CO-WORKERS, CUSTOMERS AND WHOM EVER ELSE. DOLLAR GENERAL IS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR UNFORNATELY IT'S THE STORE MANAGERS AND ASSISTANT MANAGERS THAT ARE NOT VERY KIND. THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE, NOT ALL OF THEM. GET IN CONTACT WITH MR. RICK DREILING, CEO OF DOLLAR GENERAL. TELL HIM THE TRUTH. HE NEEDS TO KNOW. THANK YOU!!!

5th of Jul, 2009

My name is Jody Milburn, my wife Chris is the assistant manager of the Albia Dollar General and has been for 4 years.

Approximately 2 years ago her boss (Dee is her name) was fiered for no obvious reason, but oh well that don't matter. Ever since that time Chris has had to take over manager position and run a million dollar store. She had never had any prior experience with DG or retail management, but did it like she had been doing it for years.

Since that time there has been what seems like a revolving door of managers (5 new managers!). Every time a new manager comes through Chris always hold the hands of the managers who apparently have the passed this test that she couldn't, but show the lack of competance to run the store. Meanwhile, did i mention the miniscule amount of pittance for pay from a multi-million dollar corporation.

After this past dismissal of a worthless manager, Chris was begged to take the manager position from her district manager, because quote "I never have to worry about the store while you are running it"

She had to go online and take some ridiculous test. Well she did not pass the test. Well she did not pass the test. The only thing that test proves is that she didn't know how to answer questions from the way some crooked corporation wants her to.

For the past 2 years Chris was good enough to fill in and manage a million dollar store while this pathetic corporation pissed around and looked for someone else to run it as good as she has for penny's, but couldn't

Now it comes to a stop. There will be no more slaving for you greedy ### for no more money. I won't sit back and watch her put in her 40 hours and also have numerous phone calls on her days off to deter problems or avoid obstacles. Chris is way too great of a person to have to put up with the extra stress, that by the way, she never complains about.

I am a supervisor where I work. I was put into that postion with hard work and knowledge of the work. I never had to take some ridiculous test that had nothing to do with the achievements that I can accomplish otherwise, i may not hold a supervisor position.

Ask the community and all her co-workers how much they would lover for her to be manager of that store and i promise you will hear a great outcry in her favor.

I'm not just saying all this cause i'm her husband.

I know how much she cares about her job, store, co-workers, and customers. I'm saying what happened to hard work and knowledge to get you ahead?

Chris doesn't know I'm posting this but I don't care. If she loses her job cause of my states, so what?!?! There is much better than that disgrace of a Corporation that is Dollar General but she just don't want to see it.

She loves her job and executes it beyond all else while being a great mother and wife. I listened to her talk about work every night and see the passion in her eyes. She is so depressed about the failure of a test to get a job which she has successfully been doing the past couple years.

All I can say is, quit listening to a bunch of psychoanalysis and promote from the ground up.

Don't punish my wife for my thoughts and feelings, prove to me that i'm wrong, because I don't think you cowardly, ignorant, corporate fools can.

Sincerely,
    Jody Milburn
    (641)799-5260

• Je
      11th of Jun, 2010

I work for DG myself and I agree 100%.

• Je
      11th of Jun, 2010

I have worked for DG going on 3 years in sept.Hey I love my job really I do but if you had better managers it would be a better place to work.on tues we get a truck in and its up to me and another lady to sort everything to be put out the next day.now thats not all we have to do we are back up cashiers, I have to straiting gro side and feel up frozon, do the produce, feel everything on the gro side.plus we have to get buggys in .and the other lady does just as much.now yall started this thing that the manergers has to walk the floor make sure it the way you want it well how in the hell do yall exepct it to get done the right way when we have 4 or 5 diffrent things to do.and god lord it really getts bad when the DM is coming they get really bossy and [censor]y.they will want you to stay there untile 11 or longer to get to there standers well maybe if they help alittle more it will get done.but my son is 11 years old im not leaving him home by his self [censor] that and thats what they well tell it ont hurt him to stay home for a little while well then why dont the [censor]in manerger leave his by there self.the manger is friends of my led they go to lunh togrther every day just about, even on his days off my led even comes in to go to lunch with the manger.so how can the manerger be able to tell his friend what to do like the rest he cant, my led doesnt have to straiten and do half of what some of us do.and then theres the manerger named PAM DANIALS she is not a good boss shes a [censor] and a half ok on tuesdays when we have 4or5 things to do she keeps adding on tp you when she can do something her self she only wants to do her job and thats it she dont want to do any extra.but anyway our dm come in the other day and like i said they get really bad.one of the cashiers took a beather after ringing up costomers and PAM DANIALS walks up and ask if shes braindead you dont stand there while the DM is here now thats [censor]ing not right.if it dont get better with her there is a few thats holding back from cussing her out and we know we will get fired but you can only take so much.now when the store manerger finds out I sent this in he will make it hard on me.thats what he said he dont have to fire you but he will make it really hard onyou that you will want to leave. he has a great team in his store they just need to back off w little.my store always gets a great sore and when the DM comes in its always great so why in the hell they get so tore up when he comes in is really stupid they make you feel like your beneath them and I dont think thats is ok .well I could say more but that will be enough for now.oh and my store # is 9809 . I may get fired for this but oh well something needs to be done.