Dollar General / accused/threatened
I walked into a local DG to be welcomed by a new young employee. I headed to the back looking to see if they had any Hot Wheels for their two for one Thanksgiving sale. When I turned around this employee told me I had to leave. I asked why, and he told me they have me on camera going into the back and stealing a cell phone. I couldn't believe this because it is absolutely not true and I become offended when accused of something I did not do. I looked him in the face and claimed to be innocent and that if he really had me on video to call the cops which I'm pretty sure he did not do. I left the store and he smirked in a way that gave me the feeling that he was the one who might have stolen this cell phone, apparently from a worker out of the back room. Now I should be honest here. I regularly stop in this store and check for new Hot Wheels. I also sometimes pop my head into the back room to see if I spot any cases on the carts. However, I have NEVER nor would I EVER steal anything. I'm upset over the accusation that I would be robbing a dollar store. I am a college educated professional and am personally offended. I am considering my options about complaining but, after finding this forum and reading the horror stories from former employees, I think it might be best to not give Dollar General my hard earned dollar instead.
More Dollar General Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar General - dress code 
- Dollar General - store hours 
- Dollar General - tired manager 
- Dollar General / Clover Valley / Dolgen Corp. - downsizing product / same price 
- Dollar General Reloadable Visa - never had 70.00 loaded on card and can not get company they say has to load it! 
- Dollar General - the service and how prices have rises, service is very poor
- Dollar General - store stocking, service and cleanliness.
- Dollar General - security pins are defective... they can move thru the plastic and stab you
- Dollar General - the store is on the floor
- Dollar General - store playing music with profane lyrics