Dollar Generalcashier impolite and inept

I was at your store at 16015 Lakeshore Blvd, Cleveland, OH. The kine was moving very slow because the cashier was slow and giving all the customers in line. The problem was that when paying with a debit/card the finger poke was not working so you had to use the pen on the machine to press the selections. I watched 3 customers in front of me experience the same difficulty. When I reached the register paid by debit card, pressed the "OKAY' button and it showed that I requested $20 cash. I proceeded to inform the cashier that I did not request cash back. He then said, "you need to use the pen". I replied, "why didn't you tell me this"? He replied, "I don't have the time for this". I then said, "why don't you tell the people in line that they need to use the pen"? He then accused me of trespassing and picked up a red telephone and said that he was calling the police. Not wanting any trouble I left the store. I noticed that I had left my debit card in the machine. I asked him if he had seen my bebit card and then he threatened to call the police and I left again. I cancelled the card thru the bank. Later I saw him and he said tha the manager had my debit card and that I could pick it up from Nicole in the office. Now because of his ignorance and impoliteness I had to cancel my debit card and wait 7 to 10 days for the bank to issue me a new card. I will never patronize Dollar General again and will encourage others to do the same.

Ti
Aug 01, 2018

Comments

• He
      Aug 02, 2018

You said that you had no idea that you were to use the pen. But you also say that you watched 3 people in front of you have a problem and have to use the pen? Either way, the cashier definitely overreacted.