Dollar General / 2 4 oz bags of walnuts

1 Hortense, GA, United States Review updated:

7-22-18, store # 11739 in waynesville ga
Was using food stamps to make this purchase, we had to pay cash for the walnuts. It is a food product and every where takes stamps for this. Why doesn't this store? I would like a refund or coupon to cover the 6 dollars I had to spend. Unless there is a reason not to let this food product be paid for with stamps.

Ci
Jul 22, 2018

Comments

Good god

29th of Jul, 2018

@Magicbean check my reply at helping stupid

• He
      22nd of Jul, 2018

This is the most embarrassing, entitled thing I've ever read. If it meant that much to you, then why didn't you just ask the cashier to void the items off? Also, you should be spending food stamps on real food, not garbage. If you want garbage, then get a job so that you can afford to spend $6 without getting bent out of shape.

29th of Jul, 2018

@helpingstupid Look it technically wasn't my food stamps but I paid for them for a young lady I know, She does work full time of course min wage while going to collage. She has 1 child so she does get stamps, and for your info she adds these to her child's yogurt. And why should this be embarrassing, there are plenty of people getting stamps. And no one is bent out of shape but you, this question was in general to see if these rednecks are doing something illegal, and yes she's white so you don't have to go no where with that

• Su
      22nd of Jul, 2018

Did you talk to a manager to ask why? Call the Welfare office and ask them if walnuts are allowed. Nuts can be part of a healthy diet if used correctly. Eating a bag as a snack isn’t good if eaten with soda.

29th of Jul, 2018

@SubSquirrel No manager there (can never find her/him), and it was to be put in yogurt for a snack every day. I was just curious if it was like that at all the stores.