DOLGENCORP, INC. / WRONGFUL TERMINATION

1 894 N. NOVA RDDAYTONA BEACH, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3862534028

HELLO, I AM A FOMRER EMPLOYEE OF DOLLAR GENERAL STORE#1350 IN FLA. I SINCERELY FEEL THAT I WAS WRONGFULLY TERMINTED ON 8/8/08 FOR A CUSTOMER'S CHECK NOT HAVING THE APPRORIATE FUNDS IN HER BANK. I, AS THE CASHIER I MADE THE MISTAKE OF PUSHING THE CASH TENDER BUTTON INSTEAD OF THE CHECK TENDER BUTTON. AFTER MAKING THAT MISTAKE I IMMEDIATELY ALERTED MY ASST. MANAGER MS. TONI ROBINSON OF THE MISTAKE. SHE CAME TO SEE WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM AND JUST NONCHANLTY BLEW IT OFF AND WENT BACK TO PERFORMING HER DUTIES. I WAS WRITTEN UP/ TERMINATED AND SHE WASN'T. IT'S KINDA OF FUNNY THAT AFTER MY DISMISSAL FROM THE COMPANY I NOW KNOW THAT MS.ROBINSON SHOULD HAVE DID A TRANSACTION VOID AND HAD ME RE-RING THE MERCHANDISE OVER. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE? I BELIEVE IN WHAT'S RIGHT IS RIGHT AND WHAT'S WRONG IS WRONG? I AM ASKING THAT I BE REINSTATED OR MS. TONI ROBINSON NEEDS TO BE WRIITEN UP/TERMINATED AS WELL, THUS MAKING IT HER 3RD AND FINAL WRITE UP. PLEASE INVESTIGATE THIS MATTER WITH AN OPEN HEART AND MIND. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME @[protected]. THANK YOU!!!

Comments

• Ap
      12th of Nov, 2008

That is really messed up. I to am a former employee with the company at a store in Tuscaloosa AL and it looks to me that all the head people that work for this company are straight up ###s and something needs to be done about it.

• Lo
      4th of Nov, 2011

i was wrongful terminationed too. so i know how you feel.i was turn down to get my unemployment too. i was not going to fight them but now i am. i have been there going on 4 years and i loved what i did. but i have to have some money coming in or i am going to lose everything. jobs are hard to find in TN.

• Ke
      6th of Mar, 2012

Dollar General need to value their employee's more because they seem to be nice and very helpful to the customers. My only complaint, here in Columbus, MS they only have one cashier then sometimes the manager helps out. The line can be very long. Again I feel strongly toward treating your employee fair!!! Employee's are not perfect and sometimes they will make a mistake please don't fire them for that. Remember you can't mistreat your employee and expect them to treat the customer with excellent customer service. Sincerely, Concern Customer