Dogs on Duval / Employee threw me out

1 800 Duval Key West, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (305) 296-8008

I went in the store with my mother and aunt because they wanted to look at shirts for their dogs. I didn't realize there were puppies inside. So my mother is taking pictures of them and I said to her how I would never buy, you should adopt, etc. Apparently the psychotic woman working there wanted to join in and she told me - IF YOU FEEL THAT WAY THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE IN HERE. So I said - Okay. And I went to walk out. She got in my face and said BYE. So I said - Well it's disgusting. And she said - YOU'RE disgusting. Um, good one. So I told her to get a real job. <br />
When I got back to NY, I contacted the owner (or someone who was pretending to be) about the incident. Basically, he defended her. He told me how activists come in the store all the time, throwing wine and hitting their employees. They lost a lot of money in court cases, etc. Well that's a great story, but I am not an activist. I was having a private conversation with my mother. He also said how they don't get their dogs from puppy mills, but from private breeders. How about instead of cursing at people, you explain that to them? If he was apologetic about the situation, I would have forgotten about it, but the fact he defended her behavior, I am glad they are losing their money. Karma is a ###...and so is the girl who works in that store.

Comments

• Du
      23rd of May, 2011

I had the same thing happen to me this afternoon! If you read City Search, you will see others' mistreated. This owner or manager is one sick puppy, so to speak. She threw me out today, AND USED PROFANITY TOWARDS ME, just because I asked if she follows up on the owners that purchase (not adopt, mind you) her dogs, or get references. Reasonable question coming from someone (like me) who spends her spare time working in animal rescue and seeing the creeps that don't care for their animals (or breed them into oblivion). She is absolutely nuts and certifiable. No-really-who would want to purchase a dog (they are well over 1000 dollars, max nearly 2000 dollars) to receive this type of horrific treatment? Who wants to be a customer and not be feel free to ask simple questions that ANY NORMAL EMPLOYEE would be happy to answer if they had nothing to hide????

Stay away from this nuthouse. Hopefully, the puppies are treated well. Well, maybe they are. After all, they are the owners' bread and butter!