Doba.com / Bait and Switch, refusal to honor cancellation

Doba.com states that if you sign up that you will receive a plethora of information about, and access to their drop shipping companies. WHAT drop shipping companies? Every company I saw was for wholesale purchase of large quantities of junk that no one would buy. These are not even overstock items--they are just junk--and for a small business to be expected to buy this merchandise is ridiculous0-but of course we were led to believe that there were actual drop shipping companies out there to sign up with. NOPE. First issue with Doba = fraud in the inducement (selling something that doesn't exist).

Second issue is the impossible cancellation. When I went to cancel, I was told that no account existed under that ID, so great, I thought I had been cancelled as I had begged to be before.
NOPE, next month comes another DOBA charge. I have had all of this info analyzed by an expert in the field, and I may be making an announcement soon about my intentions toward this company, in terms of legal remedies available to ALL aggrieved parties...at no cost if you fit within the parameters and if this meets criteria set forth by powers that be. Sorry I have to be cryptic, but in a word--working on it.

Comments

• Dk
      Jun 03, 2016
    Doba.com - Needs to change their refund policies
    Doba.com

I just filed a claim/chargeback with my credit card company due to unethical measures when trying to get a refund within the 30 day period (which the salesperson Jeff said I could do). I need to explain more of why this company is very fraudulent. There are thousands of poor souls just like me that are doing the same thing for the same reasons. I am shocked that a lawsuit is not being filed against this company with all their consumer complaints.

Here is my story: I did a 7 day trial with Doba on 11/2/2010 – the problem was that you needed a credit card to access the “free trial” merchandise section. A salesperson (Jeff) called me up within 1 day of my free trial and said that normally the monthly rate for Doba membership is about $50.00 but – just for me – I would get a special deal – 15months for $299.00 and Jeff promised that if I didn’t like it or didn’t sell anything – I could get a refund - just like that. I am not happy with this company and I called three times and the last time the rep Daniel said, “We have to review the tape of the sales call.” If I wait until Daniel reviews the tape, my 30 days will be past and then I have absolutely no recourse – even though Daniel said they don’t even have a 30 day money-back guarantee. I have information that shows they do and the salesperson – Jeff said if I wasn’t happy at all that I could call and get refunded. Well, I am not happy with this company – their products are way out of line price wise and all the decent products are continuously out of stock.

Don’t take just my word for it – take all the many, many, many people that have written in about their experiences with Doba.

This company feels like it's a scam and I am going to provide a few links from poor folks that got swindled.
    The person I spoke to today – Daniel Metcalfe – who said he was going to listen to the sales call to see if Jeff did promise me things that are not in their policy. He promised me that he would be in touch with me within 48hrs. I just can’t wait. He originally was rude and disrespectful but to be perfectly honest, I wasn’t the nicest either. We both calmed down and whether I believe he wants to truly help me remains to be seen so far. I provided a link to ebsuite.com’s help and support section that must work closely with Doba and gives information about the company – including their cancellation policy and Guarantee. Daniel said this was put there without Doba’s consent. How does he know? He is just a CS rep. He doesn’t know what the marketing people do when they work with other companies to promote Doba. I have included the link for you to review. Daniel told me that Doba doesn’t offer any kind of guarantee or cancellation such as what was on the link. The only way you could get your money back – according to the policy is to wait the full year and not sell anything. Then they said they will give you your complete money back ($299). There are so many stipulations regarding what you need to do in that year to get the money.

In my opinion and many others' - they are scammers and that is why I disputed this charge on my credit card. I also sent my credit card company all these links so they know it isn’t just me that this is happening to – it’s many, many many people that are filing complaints and I will be another one that will do so. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, Econsumer.gov and even in my own state there are places to go to file a formal complaint.

This company needs to change their fraudulent activities or if they promise something - deliver on it - or they will find themselves in a courtroom some day.