DJ's Entertainment Melbourne / Bad Service but Refused Refund

Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
DJ's Entertainment
I booked a photo booth from DJ's Entertainment for my daughters 18th birthday party and was asked to pay for the package in full prior to the party. Like the other complaints that I have seen I did not receive a call on the day to confirm details of the booking. The driver actually went to the wrong address causing a lot of stress. I had to leave the party to see if I could locate him. I tried calling the phone number which DJ'S Entertainment had on their website but the phone kept ringing out and there was no message service which sent me in a panic that I had been scammed by the company. I eventually found the driver who then told me that part of the equipment was broken. Even though they knew about this no one from the company had called me to let me know or to offer an alternative solution. The company was rude and didn't care that they had turned up with part of the equipment broken. I was told via email that I shouldn't have gone ahead with the booking then, even though it was a surprise for my daughter and we also had a hall full of guests ready to use it. The photo booth then had to be set up in another location to compensate for the missing equipment. The only place that the booth would be able to operate was outside the toilets which was disgusting and a lot of comments were made by the guests about this. This was very embarrassing for us. They only supplied 7 props of the 25 that were stated as part of the package and many of the photos were also out of focus. I emailed the company requesting a partial refund on the grounds that they did not deliver the service or supply the equipment that I had paid for in my package. I also rang DJ's Entertainment on a number of occasions but was told that the business owner was either in a meeting or interstate. Even though I requested a number times that the owner call me back, he did not do so. Emails were the only form of contact that they seemed to answer to. Many emails went back and forth, which I have kept as evidence, but no refund was offered. DJ'S Entertainment has been rude and will not accept any responsibility for broken equipment. I was treated with total disregard as they had my money and couldn't care less after that. I also believe that this company is a scam in some form and I would advise people to stay away otherwise like myself they may get burned. It appears that this company may also gone under the name of Hot Ice Entertainment.
May 18, 2015