Dixie RV Superstore / with out a doubt the worst service I have ever seen

With out a doubt the worst service I have ever seen. WILL NOT even return your call. The most rudist and inconsiderate service department I have ever had to deal with. Stepen Guidry is the General Manager. This man will not return your call. I don't know Asa's position there but he is extremely inconsiderate. The Better Business Bureau gives Dixie RV Superstore a Grade of "F". In my opinion it is well earned. But according to Asa, when your as big as Dixie RV, it doesn't matter what your BBB rank is. I am very dissatisfied with Dixie and wish I never bought my camper from them. If there was a way I could bring this camper back to them, I would. Sometimes going to the BIGGEST RV dealership isn't always the best thing to do. Check out some of the Mom and Pop places first.

Ve

Comments

• Up
      18th of Mar, 2010

Your comment is sooooooooo true!!!

I purchased a 2010 North Trail by Heartland it has been nothing but a problem from day one. It has been in the repair shop twice visit one two weeks and visit two was for two months. We were told the leak and other problems on our list were repaired and could be picked up. When we got there half of the items on our list were not done and they told us they could have it completed by the next week and bring it to our home. When the unit was delivered to our home I was restocking it a few days later and found a large amount of mold. I wish that I would have known about the BBB F rating on this company, I would have never have done business with them. My family has enjoyed camping for many years, we assumed that buying a new camper would bring us nothing but joy, but it has been nothing but a nightmare. If you have any valuable information to pass on please email me at upsetcajun@hotmail.com

8th of Apr, 2010

Help can only be given to those who don't refuse it.

In the instance of customer and 2010 Heartland North Trail, both dealer and manufacturer have made every attempt to have customer's unit transported to factory and repaired at no costs to customer. Additionally, customer could have manufacturer's warranty extended to cover period of time unit has been out of their possession and be reimbursed for payments made while unit is out of customer's use. Customer refuses to release camper to be picked up from their home to be transported to manufacturer's factory for repair and delivered back to customer's home. Dealer has made every effort to assist customer in getting unit repaired, customer currently refuses to sign manufacturer's transportation agreement.

• Up
      2nd of May, 2010

In reference to my earlier comment, we have settled our dispute with Dixie RV and Heartland. I retract my earlier statement.

• Ca
      24th of Jun, 2010

I have never bought a camper from Dixie but have dealt with them on an insurance repair. Calls were not returned and things not repaired as promised. I started to get more upset with every call. They finally completed everything but I felt like I was forcing them to do it. The only person there who I feel really goes overboard to please the customer is Lane the owner's son. But he has a thankless job of trying to make up for most not all of the staff's inability to run the "Super Store" like a well oiled machine. This is a problem that can be blamed on only one person, THE OWNER. He allowed it to get in this condition and only he can fix it. I hope he reads this because I like the store location and like the employees there.

24th of Jun, 2010

Camper Lover

Please check that you are posting comments on the correct company. There is more than one Dixie RV and the company that you are complaining about does does not sound like ours. The owner of this company has no son at all, much less one named Lane. Please check your comments and make sure that you are referencing the correct company. If there are issues with our company please call so that we can resolve them. The company site you are on is located in Louisiana.

• Do
      13th of Sep, 2010

Dixie RV has the WORST Service Department !!! I will never and I mean never do business with them again. I should have learned my lesson the last several times but this takes the cake... The DO NOT RETURN YOUR CALLS - THEY NICKEL AND DIME YOU FOR EVERYTHING. I question if they complete the work they say they do.

14th of Sep, 2010

In response to last posts, the only items that have been addressed on unit for Donna 6206 are the items requested to be done when the unit was dropped off. Most recent conversation with customer was to inform of costs to repair items that have been diagnosed and these repairs have not yet been authorized nor have they been completed. Customer has been contacted and communicated with more than once in the week that the unit has been at Dixie. Again, the only items pending are waiting for customer approval and we can not understand how the term nickel and diming relates to RV service repair. We appreciate all of our customers at Dixie RV and do not want anyone to feel taken advantage of. We also would appreciate the opportunity to walk through all customer units at time of customer pick up to show that all items have been completed.

• Tr
      22nd of May, 2011

I have had my last encounter with the Newport News Va. store and am very unhappy..I have been trying for 3 weeks to get them to get to work on my coach and Lane is either to buisy or does not know how to organize his people. He needs to learn how to deligate and do his job.We had scheduled a meeting at 10;30 and after 12:00 he had not even given me the courtisy of a call to tell me was late and used the secritary to screen the calls and avoid the issue. Dont go there if you have a time constraint on your repair. RATING OF AN FFFFFFFF is what i would give them ..I am so discusted that i am going to attempt the repair myself so i can make my commitment on time.Thank -you Lane you showed me the value of D I X I E Rv Newport News Va. 5-22-2011

24th of May, 2011

Tracker Man

I apologize that you are having a problem with Dixie RV in Newport News, VA. Please understand that they are in no way affiliated with Dixie RV Superstores. We have locations in Southern Louisiana and the panhandle of Florida. If you don't mind, please retract your comments on this company page and make sure that you are posting a complaint against the correct company.

Thank you so much.

• Ne
      19th of Mar, 2013
    Dixie Rv - 2013 Greyhawk lemon
    Dixie RV Defuniak Springs FL
    Florida
    dixierv.com

Purchased a new Grehawk FS in December. Returned to Dixie RV with air conditioner not working, tankless water heater scalding and pump not operating correctly, vent fan broken, dvd player broken and other minor tweeks. Today, March 18, we are now told they do not have the unit ready and it has been there since January for these repairs. We contacted Jayco and registered a complaint. The dealership says they have up to 6 months as the industry as a whole is meant to be slow moving. We are now told that there are paint issues and they need to keep it longer to order and apply paint. Worried, we have taken photos of the unit prior to bringing it to this shop. This dealership is one of the most dishonest we have ever dealt with in our 40 years camping. We are considering filing legal action against them and requesting our RV be returned. Lemon laws do not apply as it still drives, they are just a lousy dealership. Any advice would be welcome.

• Rv
      17th of Sep, 2013

They definitely need to do something about your issue, you probably need a lawyer to get them moving.

• Mi
      21st of Oct, 2014

Very dissatisfied with dixie rv in hammond la . I bought a new 5th wheel, there were several we owes on it, they had seven months to get the parts, and still don't have them . I brought it back to have the we owes done . They still have it its been two months . Now they wont even return calls and when you call they all read from the same script there off today, there in a meeting, they will call you back by the end of the day . None of that ever happens . Tired of their bs ... Contacting an attorney now see what my options are . Dixie rv sucks in their service after the sale ... Would not recommend anyone buy from them .

• Th
      11th of Mar, 2015

I purchased a used 2007 Allegro Open Road in Dec 2014. Part of the deal was to repair seat, they called and told me it was ready. Drove 70mi. one way to pick up. they had put some slip over seat covers on it. I did not accept it. they finally fixed them right after having the unit for at least 3wks. Also when I purchased the RV I was mislead on the TV, The tech man told me here is your TV like they were working, when I got home they did not work, nor does the video control box. the Ice maker in refrig did not work either and I was lead to think it worked. Water was not hooked to the ice maker. After I finally got it home from Dixie RV I was doing a better ck over on the unit and I found that the sky light over shower was cracked. I called and they told me it was sold as is. I was mis lead this unit from the get go. So if anyone reading this is about to buy a unit from them make sure everything works don't take their word for it. Will never do business with them again. I will never send anyone to purchase an RV from them.

• Gi
      11th of Jun, 2016

I bought 2 campers with Dixie in Hammond a motorhome and fifth wheel lost a lot of money paid 173, 000 only got 75, 000 and trade in my Mazda RX8 for a raptor 2015 bought a few never fixed right last time. The service Department forgot to plug in our camper so the battery died the guy charged it however now our ice box is beeping now our plans for camping are ruin... Thanks the motor was broken on awning was fixed my husband fixed working fine coming out and in with no problems I'm guessing just want more money like 4, 000 think we take our business to keystone in Indiana rather give them 4, 000 dollars than Dixie a penny not worth time or our gas to go there disappoint very sorry we told my twin sister to buy a camper she problems!!!

20th of Jun, 2016

I think that everyone here wouldn't have any problems signing my petition. Please follow the link below to show your support for this cause:

20th of Jun, 2016

Please help petition against Dixie. Follow this link: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/screw-dixie-rv

20th of Jun, 2016

Bought a camper with $14k pre-existing water damage and they refuse to fix it. Insurance company says that the damage is "too old" to cover. had it mo I bought a 2015 Northtrail Camper by Heartland from the Dixie RV in Defuniak Springs in Florida. We were told that it was barely used because the "owner loved it so much that they turned it on for a larger 5th wheel camper." Discovered a leak in the shower and brought it to Dixie Service. They said that they would cover plugging the leak but not the $14, 000 of residual damage. They never disclosed water damage when we purchased it and our insurance adjuster said that the damage is old and extensive. It is so rusted and rotten that it is not advised to be used safely. Why are we responsible for inherited damage? Why would they sell us something unsafe and not viable for the intended use?

If you buy from them, you are stuck in a scam!

If you agree, please sign this online petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/screw-dixie-rv

• Vi
      9th of Aug, 2016

This company in Newport News, VA should be out of business. I have been in a battle with this company since May 2016. I went into the store to meet a salesperson and advised him I was there to narrow down a selection for my husband to look at. He showed me the two that I requested and a third one. I advised him I needed a price to go home and talk to my husband as we lived over 2 hours away. The salesperson, Jake, told me I had to put down a $1, 000.00 deposit to get a best price. I of course now realize how stupid I was to "fall" for this and should have left Dixie RV immediately. I asked if I could get the deposit back and was advised I could two times. Jake then gave me a price on only the new travel trailer I looked at. I told Jake I would be back with my husband on his next day at work to look at the travel trailer and showed him a list of questions I had to ask him before buying it. I advised him I was in a hurry to leave several times as my 96 year old mother in law's care giver leaves at 3 and someone has to be there with her. I gave them my credit card for the deposit and signed a receipt and a paper that I was told would hold the travel trailer for us until my husband could look at it and we could discuss the list of questions I had. Again, I know I was stupid that I did not read the papers that were put in front of me and I feel really scamed by this. I left the dealership at 2:30pm and the next morning before 9 am I looked at the papers that Dixie RV gave me and I discovered the sheet of paper was a purchase agreement. I immediately called them and advised Dixie RV I never agreed to purchase an RV and requested my deposit back. They refused and then I disputed it with my credit card company and Dixie RV has advised the credit card company that I negotiated a deal, made an offer, signed a purchase agreement and they want their $1, 000.00. Dixie Trailer later told my credit card company that I did not return the vehicle within 24 hours as agreed upon and so the credit card company gave them the $1, 000 again. I do not have anything from Dixie Trailer (certainly no vehicle) but a scammed feeling. From the beginning of this battle I told Dixie RV I would not post negative reviews or file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if they did the "right thing". Well, for some unknown reason they refuse to operate in a manner that is not questionable and I am now posting reviews and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

• Me
      28th of Aug, 2016

FIRST I want to say that whoever is commenting about Newport News has the wrong website..Dixie RV Superstores only have 3 locations one in Mossey Head FL and 2 in Lousiana... I recently bought a used 2000 HR Ambassador from them/ then paid them over $10k to go thru it and fix everything that did not work. Well needless to say the only things they did was put on new tires and new ac's on the roof. A couple of light switches and then they didn't even show me anything on the coach at all. Told me to drive in D position and when I did it would only go 59 mile per hour on the highway. I was supposed to be in OD gear. 3 weeks now and I can not get the generator to work properly. when I shut it down I can't get it back on, it will only run the roof ac's and if you turn anything else on inside the coach it kills the ac's ----Nightmare doesn't even describe what I think of Dixie RV--they knew I was a woman alone in my 60's and kept insisting this coach was strong running and would be good ... baaaaawaaaaf such liars all of them from the sales person down to the service manager

• Me
      14th of Nov, 2016

Holiday Rambler from DeFuniak Springs Florida Dixie RV those people lie more than rugs in my hous they lied about everything from top to bottom I ended up selling it shortly after buying it because it was so bad I paid those people $14, 000 for the coach and another $10, 000 to fix everything on it which they did not do. they totally ripped me off smile to my face I'm sure I was the brunt of their jokes afterwards. I have now been calling them for 2 months about five or six times they never returned my call they owe me $310 on the registration they overcharged me for and I can't even get them to call me back. Very dishonest people I would never deal with them again.