Divina Sposa Americas / Beware of Divina Sposa Americas!

4651 Park Ave.Montréal, Québec, Canada Review updated:
3.55

Beware of the bridal gown wholesaler "Divina Sposa Americas." I had the misfortune of doing business with them, and while I got over my anger shortly after my brief encounter with them, a friend urged me to (at the very least) get the message out about what a horrible company it is.

The company is run by a young man named Pini. When I was there, Pini spent a lot of his time on MSN or Facebook (a social networking website), and often took long breaks doing things like going to have a chat with the owners of the bridal boutique upstairs, or taking off in his car without telling us where he was going or when he'd be back. I rarely ever saw him doing much else, although I'm sure he must have done some work at some point.

Whenever we received phone calls from client boutiques, we were instructed to inform the inquiring party that Pini was unavailable. While on some occasions this was true, for the most part it wasn't. Most of the time, he just couldn't be bothered to answer the phone. Several of his clients would phone back repeatedly (in some cases, many times a day, for over a month), asking for shipping dates, among other things. One storeowner called, requesting some lace to go with a dress he'd sent her, and it took her over a month to finally get in touch with him. Had he had a good reason for not taking her calls earlier, I wouldn't be writing this, but the truth is that he claimed he "forgot about it," despite the fact that we left him a note detailing her request many times. This is just one of many similar cases.

Moreover, when people asked for a turnaround time, he'd often make up a date just to please his clients. Not just a few times, storeowners would call in looking for a gown, only to find out that the dress would only be coming in at a later date. On one occasion, the dress came in so late that it had to be sent special delivery directly to the bride-- and it was only scheduled to arrive the day before her wedding (no time for alterations or anything of the sort). Because of this kind of poor customer service, many companies have cut all relations with Divina Sposa Americas.

Furthermore, a major point of contention is that Divina Sposa Americas wholesales to discount websites like House of Brides. As anyone in the bridal industry knows, House of Brides offers designer gowns at exceedingly low prices that draw customers away from small- and medium-sized boutiques. Many clients complained about this, and Pini instructed us to tell them that he would get them to stop advertising the prices for his line, although at the time of writing, the website still has prices available for all to see.

Finally, not only do the boutiques suffer, but so have many brides. Sometimes they would complain through the boutiques, and sometimes they would call our warehouse directly. In one case, a woman called in to complain that the quality of the dress she received was much poorer than the one she'd tried on in the store (it was not the first time I'd heard such a complaint). Pini's response was that this was impossible, and that she'd have to complain directly to the store she'd bought it from. In this manner, he wouldn't have to deal with her nor the boutique (as he rarely took their calls anyway). The woman was devastated, as she'd already tried to do that and had been turned away. I can only imagine that her wedding may well have been ruined.

Therefore, if you want to save yourself a headache, my word of advice is just to not do business with Divina Sposa Americas.
Va

Comments

Fr
  15th of Oct, 2008
The person complaining against the divinasposaamericas, is a disgruntled employee by the name of sara, who was hired for phone sales, her job was to sell.Her work in general was poor and insificiant she produced no sales and had to be fired due to improper work ethics, she retalited in an unprofessional and obssesive way for two months of unproductive work on her part. The bridal company had to urgently look for a replacement and compancate for monitary and personel losses.This person also speaks of business conducted from wholesaler and boutique, she, as an employee is and was never privee to any business Pini had with any of his clients, further more she was not privee to any business the boutiques had with their client, so if a dress is recieved on the last date makes you wonder if the boutique was paying their bills on time, doesn't hydro shut off your electricity if you do not pay on time...MY POINT IS MADE .Also if sara was keeping such close watch on the owner then how was she ever going to meet the mandates of her own position, and hearing one side of the phone calls doesn't make you an expert to what was being said.and the boutique upstairs was owned by his family it only makes sense he would go upstairs after all it is part of his family business until it got sold .

yours truely,
Francesca l.
Ni
  10th of Mar, 2010
Hey! jUst need a liitle advice!Im a 21 year-old college student trying to live right, and I never thOught this would happen to me!!! I get married in two months! I went dress shopping at Weddings A to Z in Tyler, Texas. Saturday 3-6-2010, Four days ago with 3 friends...I found this dress I liked in a magazine. I paid $500 down cuz she told me she didn't know the exact price but it would be no more than $800. Well she took my money told me no poilcy are explained nothing she didn't even give me a receipt! So I realized I had no receipt and called to get one Monday.Well I went up there and she found out that dress was $4, 000 but she could get me a deal for $1, 600 because the stress had a stain and it wasnt the color I wanted. So I paid another $500 down and this time she gave me a receipt for the 1, 000 i paid. But a hour after I left I called and told her I wanted to cancel the order because I had time to think and I didn't want to pay that much. So she said she would call and cancel it. She later called me after her store closed and told me it was to late they shipped it already!!! A hour later??? That sounds crazy! Well I was like could "I pay to get it shipped back "because I was cleary not thinking logically spending $1, 600 on a dress that i will wear for only 30 minutes, and she was like no because they don't want the dress back nor does she! The place she ordered from was EmeraldWeddingDresses.com, I called and tried to cancel the order and they said they can't talk to me because they didn't sell to me and I can't cancel anything because they sell to the store not the client so I had to take it up with the bridal shop.The dress hasn't even made it to her shop yet.She hasnt paid money I did!I have never even seen the dress in person! She told me I couldn't get my 1, 000 dollars back either! I didn't sign no contracts or anything, i have 3 witnesses to that! So Tuesday morning my mother took off work, and My mother went up there very upset, and told this lady she has no right, and She then said "we had to leave her store and she wasn't giving me anything." We called the police but they couldn't do Anything!!!>Why? this is stealing? No policy says i dont have to give you a dress nor your money!!! I dont' work.I dont have 1, 000 dollars to just through away! The police cant do anything because they said that it's a civil matter.We had to go file a civil suit, but that could be up to a year to it's settled.I been crying all daybecause I dont see how this is possible! I didn't sign no contracts nor did she go over any policy!If so i wouldnt have been so quick to pay cash like that. I feel helpless because I never thought that would happen to me. I still have no dress, and I get married in 2 months.This lady has ruined my whole experience...Im just not in the mood to start looking for another dress, and my spirits are low.I juSt ask that if any other brides out there have any suggestions or advice PLEASE LET ME KNOW! THANKS!
Ty
  17th of Mar, 2013
That is so terrible to have happen to a bride. There are bridal shops in the Tyler, Texas area that will not lie and steal from brides.