Diversified Collection Services / NO ONE WILL CALL YOU BACK

1 333 North Canyons Parkway|Suite 100|Livermore, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1 866 257 3596

I have called this company over 30x's no return call. They want offset my taxes but have not given me the right to speak with someone and pay the debt. They send you to voicemails all day, and the customer services is nasty.

Comments

• Gr
      1st of Apr, 2009

I have called and tryed to set up some type of payment and the basically told me it would not be worth it, I told them we could pay a least a hundred a month for now and then I got hung up on. Have tried calling back to figure something out and they just treat you like crap.

• Gr
      1st of Apr, 2009

So if anyone knows who can help me Please let me know.

• Mr
      2nd of Apr, 2009

I have call on numerous ocassions but I'm always sent to voicemail and I have left messages on top of messages with no one returning my calls.

I have even ask for a supervisor they transfer me to someone name Rose and I also get a voicemail stating she will return the call within 24 hours but that has not happened either.

The customer service person has a nasty a-- attitude and it seems to me it's always the same one that answers the phone.

I feel they should not be allowed to have this business. Please do something about this company. Thanks.

• Py
      6th of May, 2009

I too had a terrible experience in dealing with DCS. Customer Service is not their strong point, as a matter of fact, I don't believe there is a Supervisor in charge due to the fact that although I left many messages, non were ever returned. When trying to work out with my respresentative on paying my account, I was told that I had an bad attitude and was hung up on. I did send the amount due in full and followed up with a phone call again to the representative on getting a letter from them to state that the account is paid in full and still no one has called me back nor have a received the letter. Don't get me wrong, I got a copy of the cashed check from the bank for my records (which of course includes the account number and such), but if this was any type of reputable company, I would have received a call back and the letter requested. I am still pursuing this and I will not give up, but I too think that this company should not have any collection business. The crude and inappropriate behavior that their representative exhibt to someone who is trying to pay their debt is unacceptable. You would think that being the economy is suffering as bad as it is, they would at the very least entertain a pleasant conversation with the person trying to pay the debt. I can't understand the means for being rude, especially since I wanted to settle this debt. I am sure they get a run around all the time, but if their customer service representatives are good, they would know how to to read their customers. It is truly sad and pathetic.

• Mr
      6th of May, 2009

Ha ha, this "customer service" department is outrageous! They hang up on people?! Are you kidding me? What a nightmare.

• Ly
      13th of May, 2009

I JUST CALLED FOR THE SECOND TIME IN REGARDS TO MY STUDENT LOAN THAT I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY BACK. THE COLLECTIONS DEPT. WAS PLEASANT ENOUGH, BUT WHEN THEY TRANSFER YOU TO YOUR "REPRESENTATIVE" FORGET IT! I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ONE CALL BACK. I INFORMED HIM THAT I AM TRYING TO REPAY A DEBT, THAT I HAVE READ NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEIR PRACTICES AND EXPECT A CALL BACK. WE WILL SEE. IN THE MEANTIME, DOES ANYONE HAVE A NUMBER THAT I CAN CALL WHEN MR. TYSON DOES NOT RETURN MY CALL? I AM SURE I WILL NEED SOME KIND OF RECOURSE, FROM ALL THAT I HAVE READ.

7th of Jun, 2009

I had set up a payment plan with Troy Adams and all was well. I now have the ability to pay my debt of in full and cannot get a return phone call. I have tried twice a day for the past 8 days and have left messages with both Troy and his supervisor. I would like to pay this debt ASAP so that I can obtain loans for school in the fall. This is quite frustrating.

• Ev
      27th of Aug, 2013

I defaulted on student loans after I went through a divorce and a loss of job and had to move 3hrs from my kids back in with my mother and lost everything in the divorce, oh yea, and a bankruptcy... there's the gist of the problems on my end. This is why I defaulted. Enter Diversified... They call my mom who tells them that this is her phone and that she gave the message to me and not to call back and that she wants taken off the call list. They laughed at her and actually hung up on her? I have a job that pays in cash and my credit is screwed from the bankruptcy anyway, the threat of garnishment doesn't work on me and that really pisses them off apparently. When I did call them back to try to work some type of payment plan that would work for me right now (being that im in a bad spot with my finances) I let them know up front that I was calling to arrange some type of payment plan and then I was greeted with how much I owe and how hard they've tried getting a hold of me and all their sad issues they've had to deal with b/c they cant get a hold of me, I told them I don't like to be bothered and when I can do something I will and if I cant then I wont, that's when they told me they could garnish my wages if I didn't cooperate with them and they would call everyone in my life till they got their money. So I asked them, how that worked out for them all this time they've been trying to get a hold of me? And I then told them up front that I get paid cash money and that the threat of garnishment wont work in my situation when I don't have a bank account/credit cards and nothing I own is under my name, I told them if they didn't stop harassing my mom and threatening me that we could go back to the cat and mouse game where I don't get bothered by them and they get all worked up trying to get a hold of me until I decide to call them back and try to work out a fair payment plan. They said they'd really like to come to an agreement right now and wanted an address where they could send my bill since I didn't have a bank account. I snickered and said ill give you my email address (I use it for junk) and that I didn't have an address so the email would be the only way to get a bill to me, and that I would make sure to send the amount I'm able to by money order every month. They didn't like that option and I could tell by the huffing and puffing they did as they asked for my email address. They then asked for a number to reach me on and I unfortunately called them from a blocked number and told them that I didn't have a phone, but that my email is a good way to get a hold of me and I had their number and would be sure to call them back when I received an email that stated if they had a question that needed answered. Well, that's when the customer service person got really annoyed and started laughing and began telling me how my life is just sad and I should be embarrassed, I then asked him if he would like to set up a payment plan or if he would like to keep up his attitude and not get anything ? That's when he started yelling saying that they'll get their money one way or another, they always do and I would be begging them to stop by the end of it, that I would be calling them willing to sign anything just to get them to stop their methods ... (this was 8 months ago ;) I interrupted his loud rant and said I take it you're not interested in working out a payment plan I see, and the ### hung up on me. My mom changed her number and has not given it to my ex wife and me and my ex don't talk except for dealing with the kids (and yea, I do get a reminder of these people keep calling my ex and to take care of it ;) but it actually doesn't bother me that they choose to harass my ex wife ;) Then I go on ignoring her till I have to talk to her to get through to my kids again. I think they really should be a little better to people who call in trying to work out a deal with them, you would think they'd want some money over the option of getting nothing and no where for over a year, but their attitudes are just too damn childish and their bully tactics only get them so far (in my case, not very far at all). I might call them here shortly and see if they want to start this process over again and see if they'll be nicer this time. I'll let you all know if there is any change of attitude this go around.