Disney World — Poor service!
My wife has Multiple Scerlosis and was told that she can not come into the Disney Theme Parks after we purchased our disney vacation package, with her Segway which she has a medical prescription to have and absolutely needs to get around. She is 33 years old and they told her she will need to use a wheelchair or electric cart, which they do not provide without extra charge. Disney customer service personnel advised me Segways are a safety concern and that is the reason they are not allowed in the park. However, Disney offers tours with Segways and certain employees are allowed to use Segways in the park... This is a true injustice to Americans with Disabilities who use Segways as an assisted mobility device... I would be interested in learning how many people per year have been taken to hospitals due to Disney rides as opposed to people using Segways in the world. I was told initially by a customer service rep that the Segway would be allowed and then told by two people on a second call to verify after reading an internet posting that the Segway was banned. So much for the Dreams of people with mobility disabilities that use Segways...
More Disney World Complaints & Reviews
- Disney World - Not kid friendly 
- Disney World - Disney is going down the tubes 
- Disney World - I was ripped off 
- Disney World - entrance 
- Disney World - Just because this did not happen to you does not mean it does not happen. 
- Disney World - Penny wise, dollar foolish
- Disney World - Kids with disability 
- Disney World - customer service
- Disney World - Rip off 
- Disney World - 1st visit ever