Dishtv - India / Charging for bad quality!

1 India Review updated:

I had been charged for movie on demand charges for rs. 111/-. From the date of installation the dish tv was not aligned properly. During the period of complaint I was not getting signals - but I was charged INR 111/- the service is so poor and DishTV - India is not supporting properly - even though within 15 days - sorry to having purchased dish TV.

Comments

Ra
  4th of Jan, 2007

DishTV Network in India started with a lot of promise it was a undeniable success to a large extended for the following reasons:
1. Monopoly-No other Network was available other than the local cable network.
2. Lesser Investment Required- If you wanted to have a full fledged viewing, you needed at least a minimum of 4 dishes where investment cost was higher.
3. Huge demand in the Middle East Countries- There a huge demand of DishTV Boxes for Indian Expats in the middle east countries for the STB as NSS 6 signals are received here.

Even through the people have supported the DishTV in their endeavor, looking into the totality of the customer have been taken for a ride. When looking from outside it has been a house in disorder with a weak topbrass so to say. Very poor customer care policies, keeping at arms length all its customers. May be they still think that they are running an old steam engine.

Major Drawbacks of DishTV India Network
1. Pathetic Customer Service: I. Never responds to any query on the email even if you have logged in as a customer.
II. If you are lucky to get a email reply, don’t be surprised if it comes after a week.
III. Centralized operations sitting in Nodia and the poor quality of Customer Service Staff.
IV. Gets calls from only Hindi speaking Customer Care Executives when you not comfortable speaking in Hindi as it is not your mother tongue.
V. Online Credit Card Payment system never works.
VI. Transparency of you changing your viewing package not available.
VII. Major Drawbacks in the June 06’ Maxi Malayalam Package and Dec 06’ Maxi Package which cost you mush lesser with more of Hindi channels added.
VIII. No response to any account details and poor tracking to resolve issue.
IX. If you have Ordered 1 DISH TV MOD (Movie On Demand) you may be surprised to see that you would have been charged for 4 movies. You would know that only if you have viewed your statements online.
X. Most important thing is that, if a customer finds that his grievances are not resolved, they must give alternate contact details, so that the issue goes to the next level and is addressed there.

If you look into an over all picture, DISH TV India services as been very bad in terms of customer Care and this is not the view expressed by me but most of the Dish TV Customer whom I know. It is now high time that they come off age and pull up their sock under a New Dynamic CEO of ZEE Network or Tata SKY is going to score over you.

Ji
  30th of Jan, 2007

I completely agree for the complaint. Pathetic customer care, web sites and no answer for money/charges we are paying.

Ha
  2nd of Feb, 2007

Since three months, we are not receiving hindi, punjabi (north Indian channels). We find in black box always "SIGNAL NOT FOUND". Once installation done no one cares for holding signals.

Ra
  1st of Jun, 2007

Dish TV is available in channel private space.

Kn
  17th of Jun, 2007
Dishtv - India - No service installed
India

I purchased the system under free scheme for one year (Rs5,999/-), after the period I have not given any payment for renewal, but when I contacted with the toll no. I was informed that I am having balance payment of Rs.242/-, I do not understand how come the balance have debited in my account, when I am watching only free channels. Now for the past one month I may not able to watch even the free channels inparticular ALL THE DD CHANNELS.

Th
  21st of Jun, 2007

Sounds like you've had a bad time... have you received any resolution from the company?

Dm
  11th of Sep, 2007
Dishtv - India - Channels not coming
India

We bought dishtv in within this year. A few channels like Aaj Tak, ZeeTV, etc not coming. Poor service.

Vs
  15th of Jul, 2009

Sir,
I am not getting my dish TV last month on wards and my viewing Card Number is 01501841239 .Please find I am attaching my Statement of account and give me aback SOLUTION, what I want do to get OR work my dish TV.
Thanking you sir,