Dish.com / into the abyss

California, MD, United States Review updated:

I tried to set up service for my parents in my name. I have excellent credit. Dish not only turned me down, they said that I was locked from reapplying for 90 days. They said it was because of the credit bureaus' information they received. I checked with each of the 3 credit bureaus: equifax, transunion, and experian - all 3 said that there was no freeze, no alert, and no block on my credit. Numerous calls to dish later, dish still maintained that they were locking me for 90 days because of information they got from the credit bureaus. When I asked one supervisor for his name, he hung up on me. This is the absolute lousiest company I have ever dealt with. They may offer better prices than direct tv, but direct tv is a much better company as far as service. Dish treated me like I was some crook trying to pull a scam. Bye bye dish. And i'll be sure to put the word out - as I am doing now.

Comments

• Ra
      24th of Jan, 2010
    dish.com - overworked underpayed
    DISH (echostar)

I am an employee of DISH and I have been working there for some time now. Every day its the same crap different diapers type deal they tell us they want #s and quality. Ever since the cost of living went up twice we and I mean all employees in the Texas plant we have not seen a single penny from it. It used to have been a good job before but know it s piece of ***t, they have my doing 5 different things all at once which is supposed to be the job of 5 different people and I only get paid for one.

• Mo
      6th of May, 2011
    dish.com - freezing of programs
    Dish network
    Ohio

In october 2017 I decided to pirchase dish network. After paying the exspensive instalation fees and heating them bad mouth directv I decided to go throughwith my decision and purchase their service. Problem #1: dish did not call me to tell me when their person was coming, he jus showed up.
    Problem #2: he barely spoke english n we could not understand each other half the time.
    Problem #3: he tracked dirt thru my house and did not bother to clean it up.
    After the instalation was done I signed my papers and he left. When he pulled oit my deiveway, my channels did not work. I called dish immediatly and they told me to wait at least an hour and restart my dish box. 2 hours later it was not working and now I was told to unplug my box and wait 5 mins then plug it back in. After 5 hoirs it finally worked. That night it froze and I was told its frozen because I didnt have a phone line hooked to it. Every week for the past 6 months it performs something called "integrity" check. Right in the middle of recording a program, it wants to perfprm this and all they could tell me was to pirchase a house phone and hook up a phone line. I dont recommend anyone to purchase dish because this experience bought the worst out of me.

• Mi
      7th of May, 2011

Your post caught my attention, mommiof3, as I definitely understand your concern with this! It would be my pleasure to assist you in getting all that resolved. I'd also like to extend my apologies to you about that whole situation. If your picture froze, that's an issue with your signal, possibly your line of sight. That doesn't have anything to do with a phone line connection. Where I'd like to go from here is that if you email me your account number, I can review your account and determine the best way to get this fixed. My email address is michael.[protected]@colorado.edu. I'll look forward to hearing from you!

• Pa
      11th of May, 2011

On 12/4/2017, I purchased a 2017 Kia Optima from Courtesy Kia of S. Attleboro, MA. Before I even purchased the vehicle, I had the salesman initial their quote sheet offering me the car for 12, 495.00 after rebate. I still owed a balance of 5, 800.00 on my 2017 Seebring Convertible, which had a blown engine. I got approval from Americredit and thought I was financing 18 to 19K. When I took delivery on the car, the disclosure sheet said I was financing over 25K at 14.38%. When I asked the dealer what the extra 6, 000.00 was for, they claim that what the salesman quoted me originally was wrong, and that the sheet he initialed would not stand up in court. I fought through the AG's office in Massachusetts and got no where. I stopped payment on the check for the 1000.00 down payment. I complain to Americredit and they said I am locked into monthly payments of 530.62 for 6 years. I struggle to make these payments every month! Please include me on this lawsuit as I feel I was the victim of predatory lending. My name is Paul Amaral and reachable at 401-316-6886

• Ha
      16th of Apr, 2012

I too have noticed strange policies with DISH as well. They seem to be hurting themselves for reasons that make no sense. I can't figure it out.

• To
      18th of Apr, 2012

HI Margaret Maugenest,

I can understand why you would be frustrated, and I would be happy to check this out further with you. You mentioned you were trying to set it up in your parents name. If you used their name, but your social, our system may have picked up a mismatch in information based on what the credit bureau's have under your SSN. If you can send me a message here, or an email at thomas.[protected]@dish.com I would be happy to review this and provide further assistance.

Tommy Faust
    DISH Social Media Representative

14th of Oct, 2012
    DISH - bad support and service

I wait all year to view AMC channel the walking dead which I havent missed a single show. And view amc monster fest. during the month of october. Now they have taken both off the air Gee thanks dish

• Sn
      21st of Dec, 2012
    dish.com - boarding on criminal conduct
    California
    Maryland

Dish TV was the absolute worst experience of my consumer life! Absolutely horrible records, billing, website, online services, and worst of all, customer service. Their billing is inaccurate, and it is almost impossible to resolve any issues. It was so horrendous that we terminated our service over 12 months early. (The $300 early termination fee was worth not dealing with this merchant anymore!) Thought we were done after cancelling service, but when the time came to be billed for the early termination fee they refused to let us see anything in writing detailing the cost. (Customer service refused to send anything, and their online billing website would not show the charges until our next billing period, weeks after they were paid. We waited for our final bill to be available, and tried to log on to the site to retrive it on the day it was supposed to be available, and our account is no longer accessible! "User name and password not recognized". Tried the forgot password/username links. Needed account number, receiver number, and phone number. All were provided but, "Unable to locate account". There is only ONE reason for them to do this. They do not want you to have access to the final bill showing early termination fees, so you are not eligible for a rebate from other providers. In my opinion, DishTV's practices are criminal!!!

• Ze
      5th of Mar, 2013
    dish.com - bad business

He failed to tell me there would be a cancelatin fee for the remainder 24 month contract. He failed to tell me there would be a $50.00 change out fee for each reciever there are two.. He failed to tell me there would be a $95.00 tech fee. to install the HD recievers. What he did say is the non HD tv s would not work using HD recievers.

It was 10 months ago that we set up Dish, My first bill was not $29.00, when I *BLEEP*ed they gave me B.S. Rhetoric that I did not set up the $29.00 deal, They told me they would take this that and something else of my bill that lowered it to $31.50 a month. Bait and switch, or just plain fraud.

Now 10 months later I buy two HD television only to find out it is going to cost me either giving them my bank account to save $10.00 a month, or cough up $100.00 for HD for life. and shell out $50.00 to change out the recievers, it was $100.00 I had to call them agian after the negociated cost was failed to be confirmed by the manager I spoke with for over an hour. We settled on My bill would stay the same as I have givin I give them full accsess to my bank account to allow them to take what ever them deem fit.That is $41.50 plus tax totaling $45.50. I had to pay $100.00 to have the recievers changed out and I had to pay protection money of $7.00 a month or have the charge me $95.00 to have thier equipment installed by thier technicians. Extortion, they did say after 4 months I can terminate the protection cost. As they put it I would only have to pay $28.00 instead of the $95.00 tech fee.

Wanting the negociated costs in writting I was told I would recieve a confirmation in my email.. They did not confirm any part of what we negociated, The confirmation said they would be here wedesday. So I called them back immediatly.

I explained what we had negociated, the manager cam back with a monthly cost of $58.00 and $10.00 less If I give the total accsess to my bank account. Never did they agree to the same cost I pay now, as was negociated just 30 minutes earlier. What I was told is that in two months our new customer promotion ends, at that point my bill will increase an amount the manager would not tell me.

So I am lead to believe my monthly bill would be $41.50 if I gave the accsess to my bank account for direct withdraw to pay them. I was told that it is worth $10.00 to let them into my bank account, each month.That would bring my cost down to what I pay now.

Given the issues here, forcing me to turn over my bank account to save $10.00 a month, installing non HD recievers, knowing full wel they will bill the consumer through the nose when they get HD tv s, When HD is the product advertised . To have to pay protection money or have there people come in to install HD recievers paying them tech fee of $100.00, when HD should have been installed from go. The fact that two months from now my bill is going to inrease by an amount that brought the promotion costs down to the $29.99 or the $19.99. Even though I was never given the promotion that was to be $29.99 a month, the wrighting on the wall says hold onto my *bottom* because in two month the promotion of being a new customer ends, Here where they never cut me the advertised promotion deal, I will bet dollars to doughnuts they will claim I locked into the $19.99 a month promotion, there by adding $20.00 OR $30.00 to my monthly bill. raising the cost to $75.00 a month. Let me repeat the manager would not tell me what my cost will be in two months, I will have to sign a 24 month contract without being told what the monthly cost will be, leaving me to believe my cost will be what I pay now. After I stop paying protection fees for 4 months..

Is there a past employee out there that used to work for Dish screwing people out of money. Or does thier brain washing live on untill the past employee no longer remembers all the people they ripped off. This issue has gone beyond the case by case basis, a class action suit including all the people who were charged fraudulantly, or were baited and switched, expecting one monthly charge but getting a more expensive charge. If I do not compley they will remove the equipment and charge me early cancelation fees. These fees are immediatly taken out of my bank account given I save the $10.00 a month and give them direct accsess to my bank account.

If it were not for my fixed income I would not care about the fraud and extortion. Given it takes an attorny to move forword I am out. I can afford an attorney. I will be front and center as a whitness, of bait and switch. whitness Protection extortion, whitness fraud.
    contact me kim Emon at [protected]@yahoo.com

When thier managment started to loose the negocitions they offer to close the account, and bill theearly termination. We can not believe one single word we are told by management, they refuse to put cost to the customer in wrighting, so to negociate is a waste of breath.

How can a company with a winning product like Dish, use bait and switch techniques, use extortion practices and perform acts of fraud in the coarse of doing daylie business operations.Upon seeing full page ads stating Dish for $19.95 or 29.99 a month as a promotion, this in 2017 and 2017, when Charter doubled my bill from $45.00 to $90.00, that was 10 months ago, II went to dish for television. responding to a $29.99 ad with instalation free, for up to 5 rooms. I have to have the internet, so I kept cable with basic system with internet. That was $35.00 a month, With dish and cable my total cost was $20.00 a month less than going with Charter .When the tech comes to install the system I ask him if he was installing HD recieviers, he said NO, that our TV s were not HD, and the HD equipent would not work with our CRT televisions. I asked what happenes when I get HD Televisions, He said to contact them and they will change out the recievers.

contact me kim Emon at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Sc
      28th of Jun, 2013
    dish.com - tv, internet provider
    Colorado

We ordered dish services for tv, internet and phone. Price quoted was *86.98 a month and the promise it would not go above $116.98. Basically dish mishandled the account. Our first account number (That we did get a confirmation number for) could not be found when we called to find out why the internet and phone were not installed shortly after the tv satellite had been. After several phone calls and while being told the number we were giving them was a bundled number, we finally had to start over because dish could not find the account information. (Wonder how the tv satellite guy knew to come?) anyway we were told that the best rate that day was $91.98 and the free phone that we were to get with the first order was no longer available. We decided to accept the new rate. The promotion also called for free trial of hbo, showtime, starz and blockbuster for 3 months. I don't even know if it was an option, but we decided to try it. The "free" trial is billed for and when questioned we were told it would be credited when we cancelled. What kind of a deal is that? Made no sense to me but we didn't fight it. Billing problems continued with bills of $137.00 (Two) and one for $181.00. Our tv satellite was installed on 3-12-13 and i cancelled the free trial of hbo etc on 5-21-13. I am told that my service went into the next billing cycle by 6 days (4th month) and so they would not credit me the full amount even though the amount i deducted from the $181 bill was given to me by a dish rep named krista. This has been one of the most exacerbating things i've ever gone through and i would never recommend dish to anyone. Unfortunate for them as i work in a situation where i meet new homeowners every week and they often ask for advice of services to use. I could easily make the $50 referral many times but in my heart, i cannot promote a company that i have so little respect for.

• Tj
      23rd of Sep, 2013
    DISH - bad support and service
    Pennsylvania

Dish was to start service on 07/25/2017 and provide a box that records a show for $36.99/monthly bundled with Frontier Communications. Dish neglected to do that. Dish later tell us to upgrade to hopper for $55/monthly. Dish then tells us they gave us the wrong box .

• Do
      22nd of Jun, 2014
    dish.com - contract
    Union City
    California
    Phone: 201-866-7484

Sept. 2017 I called verizon for their triple play [bundling]. At some point dish has my call and we scheduled installation. The problem is that dish does not bundle with verizon and they, dish did not inform me that they do not bundle with verizon. A month later I find out that I am not bundling [triple play] with verizon and dish refused to waive my contract. I am paying more than I bargained for when I called verizon. This is so unfair as I have a limited income, which is the reason I want to get tv, internet and phone service from the company of my choice. Dish can go to hell for being so stubborn regarding my contract with them. They refuse to understand my situation and that I never called them about service. I called verizon.

• Da
      24th of Jan, 2015
    dish.com - unwilling to fix ongoing speed issue
    Dish net
    Diamond
    Missouri

I started dish internet november, 2017 the service was ok i never really had many problems for about 15 days or so then things went downhill, during the evening hours i was getting very slow speeds 1-2 mb eventually the problem got worse to where the speeds went so slow my computer said i had no internet. I had 5 lights on my modem, after a lot of phone calls, different day same speed issues. Up to january they came out to my house suggested it might be my computer. A tech did but in his notes that my house has bad ground & he was getting a volt 1/2 of electric on my cable line. They also told me my tv & internet where sharing the same ground on the house. They did unhook it. I was even asked to use there website for speed tests. I have a log verifying my slow speeds. But since a tech put in his notes my electric is bad dish is no longer willing to help me with anything internet related. Even asking to get a power cord for my internet. I had to beg the person on the phone for a new power cord. I am an adult & a paying customer since march of 2017. I have never been treated so rude over the internet problems. If i have a bad ground why does the problem only happen at night. And not all the time.

• Do
      8th of Mar, 2015
    dish.com - charges
    Round Rock
    Texas

Last month i just switched from time warner cable to dish. The incentive was that i would have free blockbuster, starz and oncore for 3 months free. I selected some movies i wanted to watch later. I watch a couple that were terrible and i discontinued watching it. I was charged 9 movies, some twice at 6.99 each. I was not aware there was a fee. I am still trying to maneuver through the dish functions and channels. Customer service took off a few but still insisted i pay for the others. This is not fair to me as a first time dish user.

• Ha
      6th of Apr, 2015
    dish.com - bad support and service
    Choctaw
    Oklahoma

We discontinued the dish service. Their rep told us we had to pay $10 for them to refurbish their equipment for the next customer. I object to that as i see that as part of their cost of operation. That fee was waived. The serviced was turned off a day earlier than contract date. That was just poor business sense from a company trying to retain a customer. Next, i receive an email that my credit card didn't work for them to collect monies - i didn't owe any monies - remember the agent waived that ridiculous $10. Next a voice mail about charges due and owing. I called dish and found out that they believed i owed 40 cents and were going to send me to collections. I have - oops had been a dish customer for many years - always paying timely, etc. 40 cents when they in fact owe me for a day's service for which i paid!? After a lengthy conversation and discussion of the merits of threatening me with collections (Does that ever work?) and holding time, the 40 cents was waived. Oh, on my account via dish's website, it showed my last payment and that i owed nothing to dish. Where the 40 cents was recorded is beyond me! Does dish think after these two occasions with their reps, if i return to a satellite service it will be dish - let me assure dish and let all its reps' minds be at rest - no, i will never use dish again. There are other options, and i will select any one of them over this poor representation of satellite service.

25th of May, 2015
    dish.com - fraudulent charges
    The Dish Network
    185 Marion St #3
    East Boston
    Massachusetts
    Phone: 6178181037

I have had services with The Dish Network since Aug 2017. The first 2years I allowed them to draft their payment from my checking account. They took advantage of that privilege and began taking a higher monthly amount then we had agreed on. Recently, they started requiring 2payments a month just to have my services active. I have called them several several times & had to have them credit my account for fraudulent charges. Every time I speak to them they attempt to tell me that I have over due charges. After arguing with them I finally just paid them the money they claimed I owed them and for one month I was charged my accurate monthly charge then the next 2month I was charged 91 dollars instead of my regular charge of 71 dollars. I called them today and refused to continue to pay them this extra 20 dollars that I don't owe them. They returned back to the usually excuse that I owe past due charges. In the past I have requested multiple times my bill from the first day I started services with them because I have a record of every payment I have ever made to them and they will not send it to me. Also, every conversation I have with them about my bill they contradict themselves over & over again with no valid excuse other then they fraudulently charge me and I'm sick of being robbed by the Dish Network!

• Di
      2nd of Jun, 2015

Hi JacquelineDenise
    I can understand your concern and frustration with this situation. You can view a full record of your bills and billing history at MyDish.com after logging in. I would also be happy to take a look into this for you. Please email us directly at [protected]@dish.com with your account or phone number and your 4 digit PIN.

Andrew E.
    DISH Social Media Representative.