Dish TV India / Poor service

1 India Review updated:

I request you not to go for Dish TV satellite TV entrainment service. I have been facing issue from three months. The best part is Dish TV have collected money and now showing no interest in resolving the activation problem. I have been made to talk to Dish TV Call center and then to Dish TV rep in Bangalore called Ashok and then to Dish TV partner in Bangalore called Bangalore labs (Ravi and Srinivas) in a circular fashion from three months.

Please consider alternative option instead of Dish TV service

Comments

• As
      31st of Aug, 2007
    Dish TV India - Poor service!
    India

The service for Dish TV India is Pathetic. It is not ust 1 problem, it is a series.
    1. Their Credit Card payment page takes details of your card and never returns proper result. It always returns in Server Error etc. with default internet explorer page.
    2. As you never came to know whether your payment was successful or not, they will ask you to pay again.
    3. Even after you have paid twice, your service will not get activated.
    4. You call customer care and tell them first line as "My VC card no is", they will override you and will ask you "Are you a Dish TV customer?" and then they will ask you to tell your VC Card no.
    5. Customer Care will never be able to call back, but in their opening statements they will not forget to ask you what is your contact number?
    5. Then you keep calling customer care over STD, everyday they will ask you to wait for 24 hours and to keep your set top box on for 24 hours.
    6. In case you want to launch a complaint, they will disconnect your call.

The story did not end yet, as still I am not able to see the channels!

Beware people!

• Ra
      30th of Oct, 2007

I took a connection at my residence in Dwarka in Delhi about 4 months back(01504555070). Subscription for 3 months was included in the new connection offer. After paying the subscription for one year about a month back, now I am finding that most of the pay channels are not being made available which are a part of the package. It is time consuming and waste of phone calls trying to get somebody who is bothered to solve your problem. The call centre is only registering complaints and assuring of prompt redressal but nothing changes.
    Will Mr.SUBASH CHANDRA, the so called dynamic industrialist do something or we have to forget the Rs.3600 paid and shift to TATA SKY?

• Di
      1st of Nov, 2007

Dear Mr. Narayan,

We thank you for writing your valuable feedback on our services. To ensure an action immediately on this issue we appreciate if you would be able to provide us your Contact No as you have already mentioned your VC No. Here. Please provide us complaint number (if any). We will check this at our end and get back to ASAP.

Thanks,
    dishtv helpdesk,
    email id: dishtvhelpdesk@dishtv.in
    website: www.dishtvindia.in
    contact no: 1860-180-3474 , 0120-4443474.

• Pa
      9th of Apr, 2008

If cross check the various complaints the following is the standard language used in each reply not even a comma here or there

Thanks,
    dishtv helpdesk,
    email id: dishtvhelpdesk@dishtv.in
    website: www.dishtvindia.in
    contact no: 1860-180-3474, 0120-4443474.

• Pa
      9th of Apr, 2008

asap can strectch to one year & more

3rd of Jun, 2008

the email adress i mentioned above is my and dishtv is on name of anil agarwal, i request u that my email id is not still added and when i call that see that my id is added or not, the duty officer says its added but its not, so plzz check that its added or not, if not, so plzz add immediately, and one thing more that when i call customer care all are saying in different way, one is saying another word and again when i call then another word i heard, so plzz check this also,

i want to talk to the head of dishtv to speak more with him plzzz call on 6th of june because nowadays i am out of station, my vc no is 01501023801 and my no. is 9984184026

• Dr
      22nd of Sep, 2008

sir,

SUBJECT-poor service after installation

I have two sets of dish tv in my home

1) v c no. 01501099725

2) v.c.no.01500136144

one dish tv was not working properly

I made complaint here to distributor by name pavaskar in Hubli, karnataka and i did e no. of e mails to you also

Ultimatly I succeded to get repaired ofter three months

so I didnot made renewal for one set inspite of your repeated message to renew to my mobile no. 94496 08980

Now vc no.v c no. 01501099725 is not working since three days

and I made complaint to your distribtor here in Hubli

but he is snding any technician to get it repaired

Please tell me how many months I have to wait this time?

DR.N.B.NANDI

HUBLI, KARNATAKA

MOBILE 9449608980

PHONE 0836-2322204

• Pr
      8th of Oct, 2008

my v.c no.01504366096 in the name of veeras.j.s. my cell no.9740520382. I have given complant for my set box is not working for almost 20.days, given complaint from 2nd Oct.08. so many compalint no. igot from the costomer care. but no.calls, noboby attended the complant till now.
    can y help me?

• Gu
      5th of Nov, 2008

It has been over 3 weeks since I registered a complaint with DISHTV regarding my Set Top Box. And, I think the complaint has fallen on deaf ears because, there seems to be no action taken whatsoever till date.

A lady told me that she would ask the engineer to visit my home to check the problem. And, after that, till date I haven't received any call from DISHTV regarding it.

And, that is not all. The site (www.dishtv.in) returned a HTTP error when I tried to log my complaint. I later copied the E-Mail Id furnished in the site and took pains to mail them the complaint from my personal Mail Id.

This is not just poor service, it also shows how careless, nonchalant and ludicrous the whole of DISHTV's service is.

So, on the parameters "service", "support" and "feedback", I'd give DISH TV a 0.0 / 10.

My advice to people who are looking to opt for DISH TV, please, please, don't commit that mistake. You will regret it very deeply.

• Ri
      1st of Dec, 2009

i m not happy with ur service.it's 2 months ago, i bought dish tv & now it have so much problem. most of times it shows that"conditional access" problem.now its showing "no signal found". I made complaint to your distribtor here in Bhopal To no.07554281003 but he is not snding any technician to get it repaired. Please take it is a seriesly.
    MY NAME IS RITESH WADEKAR, MY NO. IS 09893889267