Dish Network / false advertisement lies, etc.

1 VA, United States Review updated:

I signed up for Dish and was promised a free I Pod and $100 gas voucher it cost me $30 to sign up. I never received the voucher or the I pod and have been lied to numerous times by Dish and their affiliate's. Then I began being charged a higher monthly rate then I agreed too. I sent in a dispute and didn't pay the additional charge Dish began taking away my channels and then charged my credit card $600 and $200 charges. Needless to say it has been a nightmare. I had to pay a $25 re connect fee and pay for 2 months with no TV to get the fees taken off my credit card. After I paid the fees I called to have the charges removed from my Discover card and the guy at Dish said they would be refunded in 2 to 3 days Well it took 3 months to get the 690 back the other money I haven't seen. I hate Dish I haven't been lied to and cheated to so much since me and my old lady broke up! In short it has cost me hundreds of dollars to for a FREE GIFT that I never have or will receive.

Don't get DISH NETWORK THEY'RE A SCAM. Please write your Senator, BBB, BArack Obama, Congress etc. We need to unite against these companies that scam good customers.

Comments

• Tx
      27th of Aug, 2009

Stopped at a local installer after a 1-800 dish guy talked to me I senced he was lying turns out they make $140.00 commison to make a sale... he told me MLB baseball on NESN would in no way be blacked out... IF nesn bradcast it I would get it...same with HOCKEY.. what a lie!!! I went into the dealers showroom and the baseball was blocked out if you were not in their local market... they will say and do anything to make a sale... has me so mad I am considering getting the FTA sattelite;;;; free to air satelite...and tuing it in... they tick me off!!

• Ar
      20th of Mar, 2010

I WAS BLATENTLY LIED TO BY A DISH NETWORK "EXECUTIVE" REP WHEN I CALLED AND "FIRED" THAT NETWORK FOR CONTINUAL UNEXPLAINED INCREASES. SHE COULD HARDLY EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH!!
    SHE SAID I WOULD RECEIVE A SHIPPING BOX AND LABLE TO SEND ALL OF THEIR JUNK BACK TO THEM BY A CERTAIN DATE, OTHERWISE THEY WOULD CHARGE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS TO MY CREDIT CARD! WELL HERE IT IS A MONTH LATER AND NO SHIPPING BOX OR LABEL WELL, JUST HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SHIP THEIR STUFF TO THEM WITHOUT AN ADDRESS??

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I WAS LIED TO BY A (CABLE / TV SIGNAL) COMPANY. YOU SEE, COX, YES COX CABLE ALSO LIED TO ME ABOUT THEIR RATES! I THINK THEY ARE ALL IN CAHOOTS TOGETHER AND USE THE SAME "TRAINERS"

I AM GOING TO AN OVER-THE-AIR SYSTEM MYSELF. (YES, AN ANTENNA)
    THEY WORK MUCH MUCH BETTER NOW THAT THEY HAVE ALL CONVERTED TO DIGITAL. AND YES THEY ALSO TRANSMIT IN "HD" (HIGH DEFINITION)
    I'LL BE REALLY HAPPY WITH ONLY ABOUT TWELVE CHANNELS CAUSE THEY WILL BE FREE :) TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS, AND HOPE TO MAKE THE CABLE COMPANIES
    HURT FOR $s FOR LYING (LLYYIINNGG) TO US

• Ph
      8th of Jun, 2010

I have been lied to from the very start from Dish TV. I did not receive the 3 months free of HBO and I was chargesd by Dish to my credit card without my knowledge. I have never received the 24.99 a month billing since I have been a subscriber. If anything goes wrong with the shoddy equipment they put in your home they will charge you outragious prices to fix it. This has been a scam from day one!

• Ge
      5th of Feb, 2011

Dish Network "authorized reseller" told me that my price would be 42.99 a month for the first year, then 57.99 a month for the 2nd year. Then they told me that I would have "no other service charges" at all. Not only did Dish Network increase my charges for the first month, they also "double charged" me on month. Then, they increased my the first month of the 2nd year to $73.00 dollars, instead of the $57.99 like the Dish Network "authorized reseller" said in the beginning of the contract. I also was charge for hardware services that were suppose to be "free". I tried going to the BBB and the only thing that they did, is had a Dish Network Rep call me. The Dish Network Rep said that they are "not responsible" for their Dish Network "authorized reseller" ! Can you believe that? Dish Network contracts these companies in regards to selling their service. The Dish Network Rep told me over the phone whatever price package that the Dish Network "authorized reseller" sells to a new customer, that does not matter because Dish Network can change the "agreed upon" price just like that. Nice huh? So if you agree to pay for example $40.00 a month, dish network can jack that price up to $80 dollars, even if it is just the first month of service! Can you say bait & switch, deceptive sales tactics? Dish Network also hides behind a contact that you sign when the dish and equipment gets installed, however the service tech makes the illusion that this is just for "work" that he had completed. Again, deceptive sales tactics. Now here is another kicker.. Dish Network was liable back in 2003, for this sort of deceptive sales tactics, but the BBB will still not back me up on this. Check out the attorney general office web site in Colorado in regards to this: http://www.coloradoattorneygeneral.gov/departments/consumer_protection/consumer_protection_cases/dish_network
    If you got taken like I did by dish network, please write or call to the Colorado Attorney General's office and demand another class action reimbursement like they did before. Also please keep telling everyone you know on what a lying and dis-honorable company they really are. Thank You.

• Go
      19th of Apr, 2012

I was lied to by DISH Network, When we called we were assured that we would receive ALL Angels games. After the installation and a 2 year contract, we now know the home games are blacked Out! LIES.Now I'm stuck with this POS!

5th of May, 2012

goalie,

Thank you for choosing our service; we very much appreciate you giving us a try! Blackouts occur when certain networks haven't obtained broadcast rights to certain games. They happen most often with national networks, like MLB Network, and Pay-Per-View packages because they lose broadcast rights in the area where a team is located to those local networks. The local networks have privileges over the national ones.

What area do you live in and what programming packages do you have on your account? I would encourage you to send me your account number in a private message so I can take a look at that and give you some information. I'll enjoy the opportunity to further assist you!

• Di
      3rd of Aug, 2012

I have never, in my life, come across such a low life pack of deceptive, evil liars. It’s as if they just have to lie with each breath. Not even a godless politician lies as foul and as much as the trash at Dish Network. That’s why I changed my credit card number and do paperless billing with these lying terrorists. Why would anyone trust such a load of godless liars as these with your credit card number? You might as well give your number to, Satin or any other type of politician. And NEVER, EVER call these lying trash ### because with each call, you automatically set an upgrade in motion that you play hell getting off.

These ### are the lowest form of puke on the earth. Even lower than politicians and Bill Collecting Nazis.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH D I S H N E T W O R K!!!

• Jb
      28th of Aug, 2012

I was a costumer of Dish Network for 9+ years. (1993 till 2001) I dropped Dish Network after being told to upgrade I had to buy the receiver and then lease it. I dropped service and went to Direct TV. In 2009 I relocated my dwelling. (same address) Dual TV receiver. I constantly had trouble with the program guide. I would have to download it every time I turned it on. I also was told I'd have to pay for a service contract for 15 months. In May of 20012 I niticed this charge was still being put on my bill. I called and was told I had to discontinue it. When I tried to get my money back for the year of the service contract. I was told I couldn't get it back. In June 2012 I cancelled service. They sent me a box to put the equipment in and returned it. I paid what I thought was the last bill in July. Two months later I receive a bill for $18. I called because I was told I had paid off the account. They said it was for the box to return the receiver.I will nit pay this amount and will make sure it is not removed from my credit card it debit.

17th of Nov, 2012

DishNetVictim,

I've reviewed your post and definitely want to get it looked at for you and resolved! Could you please private message your account number to me so I can have a look? Thank you very much for doing that and I'll look forward to the opportunity of assisting you further and getting that taken care of!

17th of Nov, 2012

jbiagioli,

I've gone over your post and can understand your frustration from that! If you could please send your account number to me in a private message, it would be my pleasure to take a look at it and see what I can do to get this resolved for you. I hope to hear from you soon and appreciate your efforts!

3rd of Jun, 2016

CassieT47,

I saw your post and found it interesting! Allow me to assist. Could you please private message your account number to me so I can take a look at everything and see what's going on? That way, I'll be able to gather all information to gain the best understanding of what happened. Thank you very much for your efforts and I'll look forward to speaking with you!

• Ca
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Dish Network - Sales Lies
    Dish Network

I was completely lied to by Dish Network Sales, while requesting cable, internet and phone services. I was told we were going to have unlimited local and long distance minutes on our land line. We then received our first bill with charges for long distance. When i called to complain about this the agent told me they "do not have an unlimited plan at all, so there is nothing we can do". I am not in the process of trying to get the charges removed. During this time, I have been told by two installation techs, a customer service agent, and a customer service manager that they have been having a bad time with their sales department "telling you whatever you want to hear, to get you to sign up (which i never signed ANYTHING), and then once you get your first bill, it's too late to cancel." I think my next step will be to record a call to sales with the promises of unlimited minutes, and post it all over youtube and any other place i can get it heard. How can they outright lie to you, never give you a contract to review what you are getting into, and out right lie to you? You may pay more with Direct TV, but we checked them out prior, and atleast they are upfront with you about the services they provide.