Dish Network / ignorant representatives, overcharging and scamming my account
March 13, 2009
CEO Charlie Ergen, Phone: [protected]
P.O. BOX 7203
Pasadena, CA [protected]
Re: Defective Box 625 and unprofessional representatives and vulgarity, overcharging my account
These problems with Dish network are three fold: Phone: [protected]
1. I have been contacting you since August of 2008 for overcharging my account,
2. Defective box 625 and
3. Incomprehensible and abusive representatives.
I don't owe you any monies ($150, $277 or $430 according to your statement) except for March 2009 which should be $68.00...You have been overcharging me since December 2008 and I would like an executive representative to contact me at [protected] concerning this matter. I have been on hold for nearly two hours going back and forth trying to speak to an educated and professional representative, but none exists.
It appears you have people that are running a scam on customers and I have contacted the FCC to report this problem. I have asked numerous of times for this ongoing problem (statement charges) to be straightening out and so far NOTHING has been done. I mailed your non-working box to you on 3/9/09 thru UPS with a tracking number of “1Z 72V [protected]” with a receipt. I suggest you confirm that number and remove any and all charges on my account including the above charges I do not owe.
Right now I am having problems with:
1. Recordings, which will not allow me to record two programs at the same time but yet YOU are charging me for "dual" recordings.
2. The recordings initiate itself (ever since the smart card was allocated), without my scheduling any programs.
3. The recordings are initiated by me (speaking in the past tense) it will not "stop recording" when pre-scheduled to STOP, or manually imposed to STOP
4. I called this morning and argued with "Charlotte Backer" in executive office, she's a total waste of good time.
She is so ignorantly, uneducated due to the fact that while I was on hold she answers the telephone with: "WHO IS THIS?" I was appalled by the way she announced herself representing your company, instead of presenting herself professionally. She and I argued but I requested that I speak with her superior and I left a message for him. "We will see if he returns my call."
I also spoke with a representative name Darrel who refused to identify himself with his ID number or last name and also a character name Dave ID: B6B is what he claims his ID was. It appears this character "Dave" sound 'highly intoxicated or drugged' on the telephone. He was screaming on the telephone and used profanity to me as well. Your company is a total mess and some of those employees should be 'fired' due to the fact they are not there to assist the customer or remedy any problems. Your representatives are there to ARGUE and use vulgarity.
I also spoke with a rep. from India in the so-called technology support dept. because I had trouble recording two programs. I explained the box would only allow me to record one program not two although I am being charged according to my statement, for 'DVR' recordings instead of 'basic programming. The supervisor in India stated, I could only watch one program when recording and I could not switch back and forth if I'm recording two programs. That is an absolute lie because since I had this "god forsaken service (dish network)" I was able to switch back and forth and watch either or recordings.
Lastly, These are the types of people you hire for your company, what a 'damn' shame that you are forced to hire the 'lowest' and dig at the bottom of the barrel for the dumbest.
Ms. Sha-Ron Durant
PO Box 231686
Anchorage, AK 99523
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - satellite reception 
- Dish.com - service
- Dish Network / Dish.com - on demand service
- Dish Network / Dish.com - 702 934-3800 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - customer service and supervisors at dish network