Dish Network / ignorant representatives, overcharging and scamming my account

CEO Charlie Ergen, Phone: [protected]
Dish Network
P.O. BOX 7203
Pasadena, CA [protected]

Re: Defective Box 625 and unprofessional representatives and vulgarity, overcharging my account

These problems with Dish network are three fold: Phone: [protected]
1. I have been contacting you since August of 2008 for overcharging my account,
2. Defective box 625 and
3. Incomprehensible and abusive representatives.

I don't owe you any monies ($150, $277 or $430 according to your statement) except for March 2009 which should be $68.00...You have been overcharging me since December 2008 and I would like an executive representative to contact me at [protected] concerning this matter. I have been on hold for nearly two hours going back and forth trying to speak to an educated and professional representative, but none exists.

It appears you have people that are running a scam on customers and I have contacted the FCC to report this problem. I have asked numerous of times for this ongoing problem (statement charges) to be straightening out and so far NOTHING has been done. I mailed your non-working box to you on 3/9/09 thru UPS with a tracking number of “1Z 72V [protected]” with a receipt. I suggest you confirm that number and remove any and all charges on my account including the above charges I do not owe.

Right now I am having problems with:
1. Recordings, which will not allow me to record two programs at the same time but yet YOU are charging me for "dual" recordings.
2. The recordings initiate itself (ever since the smart card was allocated), without my scheduling any programs.
3. The recordings are initiated by me (speaking in the past tense) it will not "stop recording" when pre-scheduled to STOP, or manually imposed to STOP
4. I called this morning and argued with "Charlotte Backer" in executive office, she's a total waste of good time.

She is so ignorantly, uneducated due to the fact that while I was on hold she answers the telephone with: "WHO IS THIS?" I was appalled by the way she announced herself representing your company, instead of presenting herself professionally. She and I argued but I requested that I speak with her superior and I left a message for him. "We will see if he returns my call."

I also spoke with a representative name Darrel who refused to identify himself with his ID number or last name and also a character name Dave ID: B6B is what he claims his ID was. It appears this character "Dave" sound 'highly intoxicated or drugged' on the telephone. He was screaming on the telephone and used profanity to me as well. Your company is a total mess and some of those employees should be 'fired' due to the fact they are not there to assist the customer or remedy any problems. Your representatives are there to ARGUE and use vulgarity.

I also spoke with a rep. from India in the so-called technology support dept. because I had trouble recording two programs. I explained the box would only allow me to record one program not two although I am being charged according to my statement, for 'DVR' recordings instead of 'basic programming. The supervisor in India stated, I could only watch one program when recording and I could not switch back and forth if I'm recording two programs. That is an absolute lie because since I had this "god forsaken service (dish network)" I was able to switch back and forth and watch either or recordings.

Lastly, These are the types of people you hire for your company, what a 'damn' shame that you are forced to hire the 'lowest' and dig at the bottom of the barrel for the dumbest.

Ms. Sha-Ron Durant
PO Box 231686
Anchorage, AK 99523

Sh

Comments

• Er
      3rd of Mar, 2011

i 100% agree, they are rude and disrespectful, and lie and scam you into contracts where you have to take what they throw at you, or take the chance of messing up your credit. i have only had them for 5 months, and i wish i never would have done it!

• Mj
      21st of Apr, 2012

I have been trying to contact dish network about them sending boxes for the return of receivers and remotes. I was told i would be receiving the boxes in 7-10 days from my call on March 28, 2012. As of April 21, 2012 I have not received the boxes. I was able to contact an agent on April 12, 2012 and she assured me not to worry the boxes will be delivered the following week and guess what. No boxes. I want to make sure that there are no fees attached with the delay of getting your equipment back to you because I have not received the return boxes from you.

• Mi
      2nd of May, 2012

mj e,

It would be my pleasure to help you get that straightened out as I can see how that can be rather aggravating. Since your post is from a couple of weeks ago, have the boxes arrived yet? Let me know and send me your account number as a private message so I can look over your account regarding your concern with any charged fees.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!