Dish Network / charged my credit card without authorization and now not owning up

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I recently called into Dish Network to make a payment arrangement. The woman over the phone understood everything and then confirmed it all back to me. Moments later she processed the payment and said that she did it now instead of later so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Once I told her very sternly that it was not supposed to be withdrawn now and that she had to unpost the transaction, she hung up on me.

I called back and spoke with two other reps, one being a manager and neither would refund it to me credit card seeing as though there wasn't an actual "credit" on my account, meaning I hadn't overpaid. Now I too work in customer service in a call center and I know full well that there is always a way, you can unpost the transaction or at the very least send a message to your accounting department for them to put it back on the credit card. Never the less, Dish just would not fess up and own their own actions.

Moments later I called my bank and they said I either had to file a dispute with my bank and have my account on hold for several days and be issued a new credit card or talk to dish one more time to see if they were willing to settle it without involving anyone else. Either way, I called back and got a nice representative that did go ahead and put it thru to go back on my credit card. She also stated that if I had any overdraft fees to call back and have them at the very least put that credit on my account with them.

I called back today once everything was put thru, the credit, and the charge to inform them of the 4 overdraft fees I currently have on my account. They were unwilling to do anything at all. I spoke with a regular rep, a supervisor, and their supervisor, the leader of the department. All of them were unwilling to do anything. They said that they had done their part by putting back the funds into my account and there as nothing more they could do. So now I am left to pay the $120 in overdraft fees that have incurred because of them.

I am so livid at all of this that I just want to close out my account and call it quits with them. I am only 20 years old, live on limited funds, have other bills to pay, and medical issues that I have to worry about as well. And due to my account being in the bucket over the last week, I had to scrounge up change to pay for parking in the Dana Farber Cancer Institute when I went to a doctors appointment. I mean seriously people, do you have no souls?!?!!? As soon as I can, I am closing my account and getting another service. They just aren't worth my time and troubles.

Comments

• Bo
      25th of Apr, 2009

pay your bill on time and you wouldnt have to make "arrangements"

• Th
      2nd of May, 2009

Well first of all, its a ###ing recession douche bag. and second of all don't pass judgement on me. You don't know that I'm only 20 and the breadwinner in a family where both my single mother and brother have been laid off. Maybe you should keep your arrogant comments to yourself. I was aware that this website was to show how some companies are shady and that is what I did. So go take a long hard look in the mirror before you come back and be a ### to a 20 year old girl who is doing the best she can to make ends meet with what she's got. @$$HOLE!

• Bo
      24th of May, 2009

tv is a privledge, not a need, if you cant pay your bill due to this "recession" maybe your priorities are in the wrong place

• Ki
      13th of Nov, 2009

dear bobcockburn
    are you a complete ###ing ###... the girl ran into problems with money.. what are you some rich snob that runs to daddy for help?? get real ###, people all around the country are having money issues and a lot of GOOD people are doing what they can to pay there bills ###!